Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Really rapt the skipper kicked that goal in the last quarter
His leaping reaction was an absolute ripper
In Captain Cotch we have a really wonderful man and a very fine leader.
Got me out of my seat that's for sure.
Every involvement was leadership personified.
On his leaping celebration, 7 had a ground level shot in slo mo with the PRE going crazy in the background with Cotch off the ground o what a feeling style. Has anyone seen a still photo of it anywhere?. reckonit would be a great one for the wall.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
His interview today on Game Day was simply great.

Even the great Leigh Matthews was truly amazed at Trents last comment.

Have a break.
Come back.
Go again.
Not finished.

The fact we have become the true meaning of inclusiveness/family that the players wanted their kids in the circle before they sung the song.

From almost done as a captain in 16 to a Brownlow medalist/due premiership / dual premiership captain!

Family means a lot to Trent and so do his team mates.

His ‘blood brothers’.
It was intriguing...
The desire for a third flag was palpable. Couldn't help recalling something he said a few years back that he would be happy with one flag and maybe pack it in. Think maturity and the euphoria of victory have turned his mind!

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Just saw cotchys

Preemptive retaliatory tackle on Mummy.

Gave him a bit of a Toby facial as well i reckon

And sent a very clear message.

Tracking to be the greatest leader of the club

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
The Big Mummy was going to go down swinging only to be slam tackled by our 80kg captain.

Laying on his back, he looks up and thinks WTF!!!! If this is what their little guys are doing, what are their big guys going to be like?

And put in a ruck performance accordingly!

On a serious note, we now find that Toby Greene's dad is in jail for head butting a female cop. Although not everyone with a *smile* of a dad also becomes a *smile*, he hasn't had the greatest start in life, and this is where Leon Cameron really lets him down. As a coach, he has an opportunity to be a real father figure and get Greene on the straight and narrow. Instead he supports Greene continually raking his hands over opponents faces and eyes, and refers to it as hard tough football.

If Toby Greene and Leon Cameron want to see hard tough football, take a look at none other than the tiger Captain. That's an example that a team can follow.

If anyone at GWS follows Toby Greene's example, then Leon Cameron has more problems than he thinks with that side, and maybe it's starting all the way at the top with the head coach.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Should open a book to see which player from another club is the first to use the term "Blood Brothers"

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Another Chimp savaging on the weekend, after leading the fightback with his physicality against the Pussies.

Love the Skipper has had a dog of a year but just kept going and pushing the side.

Richmond Man.

Reactions: 1 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Cotchin really is one heck of a tough player.

I just keep watching this.
Prestia in quick, the Caddy ( can see him in this extended clip) grabs Greene snot and hauls him back, hopefully giving him a throttle by stretching his jumper against his throat.
Set the scene
:cupgold

• Love

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
question: was he going for goal or popping it up for Tom? I can't decide. If Lynch had decided to go for it he would have swallowed it, but he realised he could shepherd it, leave it go through and did that.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I just keep watching this.
Prestia in quick, the Caddy ( can see him in this extended clip) grabs Greene snot and hauls him back, hopefully giving him a throttle by stretching his jumper against his throat.
Set the scene
:cupgold

Yeah ha ha Caddys like sorry Tobes ya not getting your mits on Lord Chimp

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
question: was he going for goal or popping it up for Tom? I can't decide. If Lynch had decided to go for it he would have swallowed it, but he realised he could shepherd it, leave it go through and did that.

Was going for goal, and Tommy let it through

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Was going for goal, and Tommy let it through

I dunno, he didn't kick through it when he could have, poked at it to put it down Toms throat perfectly, drop it into space Tom could have jogged back into, but the way it worked out it was an easy shepherd.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006

He should have been pinged for running too far but, for once, the umps had a feel for the moment.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Remember that time he wanted to keep number 9 when given the captaincy instead of 17 because he wanted to make his own history?
Yep. I wasn't a big fan of his stance back then but now see how he was right.

All subsequent Captains should wear the number 9

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I look at this bloke and can’t see how we don’t climb the mountain at least one more time under his reign. Not wearing the medal the next day - already focused on bringing more silverware to the club while the window is wide open. Doing it for those who missed out like Rance, Graham and Stack etc. Unbelievable captain, player and human being.

• Love

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yep. I wasn't a big fan of his stance back then but now see how he was right.

All subsequent Captains should wear the number 9
No, they shouldn't, that's completely missing the point. Trent realised the #17 thing was a gimmick, and wanted to be authentic.

From Miller and Wallace the snake oil men to Benny, Peggy, Balmey, Dimma and Cotch, the Real Deal.