Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He has been a star from the first time i saw him play against a strong Geelong team in 6'degrees on a wet mcg.
We lost by 20 but i didn't care.
I knew we found a beauty.
The classy midfielder becomes the wrecking ball captain.
Unbelievable captain.
Matty knights Dale weightman and trent cotchin.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
He has been a star from the first time i saw him play against a strong Geelong team in 6'degrees on a wet mcg.
We lost by 20 but i didn't care.
I knew we found a beauty.
The classy midfielder becomes the wrecking ball captain.
Unbelievable captain.
Matty knights Dale weightman and trent cotchin.

Remember that day too Zips.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Hearld sun today "one of the best taggers in the competetion is back"

Cotchin should just retire, Ben Jacobs is coming back.

**he hasn't played since 1907.

Last edited:

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
he is just a gun player
A true Richmond/tiger man

will be one of our greatest player ..........in Trent i trust

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
2 time premiership Captain
Brownlow medallist
State Captain

Hall of Fame quality

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Have a read of the first pages of this thread. Cotchin's ability was a clear stand out from the start. We were not used to seeing such quality in a kid at that time. But look at us now:cupgold

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Remember a few years back Cotchin said he wanted to win a premiership and then retire? And everyone thought he was crazy and he lacked commitment?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Remember a few years back Cotchin said he wanted to win a premiership and then retire? And everyone thought he was crazy and he lacked commitment?

Yep. He’s now won two!
Where’s the retirement?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I guess he's going for 3 Premierships as Captain to take the RFC record. Selfish.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Said it about dimma being coach of the vics. And will say it again now that cotch is captain of the vics.

But these are heady days as a Richmond supporter. Unchartered territory for a 42 year old.

Reactions: 2 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

I reckon there in lies the philosophy behind Rance’s decision although for different reasons. Rance has achieved the ultimate which has made it easier for him to step aside now for reasons of faith. Cotchin I think will be the same and he will retire before his body gives up and my guess a few in the industry will think he could easily go another season or two. He won’t do an Ablett or Ponting and let us watch a champion decline before our eyes. Cotchin priority may be simply family reasons.

Could this be Cotchin’s last year - quick someone check his contract.

They are both ahead of their time in the way they think.

Reactions: 1 users