Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
How the hell does he get fined for tripping?

Seems like we get a fine every game we play. What do they do, go through every second just looking for tigers players to do something, anything small to fine them?

Keeping the afl afloat with fines since 2017. Would love to know where this money goes.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne

Seems like we get a fine every game we play. What do they do, go through every second just looking for tigers players to do something, anything small to fine them?

Keeping the afl afloat with fines since 2017. Would love to know where this money goes.

Up their nose with a rubber hose. (I can't remember who said that but it does seem appropriate)

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
The Port captain hit JR fair and square in the face when he got the free and goal.
No attempt to hit the ball at all.
That is striking..have a look at it. A round arm swing, not a spoil.....any comment from MRO?

• Angry
Reactions: 9 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Q4. But I didn’t see it nor did Bruce or Taylor say anything. Weird

Reactions: 1 user

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Amazing. There were technically around 20 trips in the game and one of our players gets a fine.
Typical.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users

Stoobes

Tiger Rookie
May 24, 2005
The Port captain hit JR fair and square in the face when he got the free and goal.
That is striking..have a look at it. A round arm swing, not a spoil.....any comment from MRO?
Agree, clearly took his eyes off the ball and swung at him. No outcry of course but we've come to expect that

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
At Richmond we understand nitro. We are geniuses at nitro.

You've all gamed and you know what nitro is. If you don't game I'm talking about our explosive. It's limited and it's precious. It has to be used strategically.

We manage the nitro of our players. Quarter to quarter, game to game, and in blocks within the season. They manage it themselves.

All this silly talk about Richmond can't or won't win at clearance. Duh. Not with Prestia out and Chimp on survival rations. Titch out. Dafuq?

When we are set win clearance it may not be for the entire game but we will win it. We're a pretty good side.

Crucial to timely clearance is and will be the Great Nitro Chimp Kazoo. His job will be to dominate stoppage, perhaps with a focus on their best mid, when the game is to be decided. And he will do that. It doesn't matter who the opposing champion is. But even without the waffly idea of opponents Cotchin will dominate at the designated time.

It may not always register as clearance. He may just set the ball going our way or interrupt their CB system. But he will get clearance often.

And most importantly, in concert with other Richmond champions who have also, on cue, hit nitro.

Trent Cotchin tested what- 2.88 for 20m? But he's not the cannonball. He's the explosion.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
No "Time has caught up" or "Body can't keep up" comments by anyone this week, even Baloo!

Hit back and near BOG as the faithful knew he would.

Slowing down....Pfffffftttt

The Great man is Flying!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Imagine if Lynch had done that? 6 weeks?

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Exactly, he tried to break Jack's jaw (and has form with Gaff). Looking on neutral forums, nobody called it out but plenty accused Jack of flopping. Amazing how it has escaped media scrutiny - we all know the result if it was one of our blokes. The media controls people's minds.

Absolutely nobody wants us to win apart form diehard Hawthorn supporters who would barrack for Al Qaeda over Geelong. It's us against the world.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Cotchin WILL show ALL what a leader he is on Saturday night.
He may not be as quick as he was but one thing he IS , is a contested Beast Chimp.
Both captains will give their all but no disrespect to Selwood , one plays differently to the other.

Expect Cotchin to hit Selwood at the first opportunity ala 2017 final vs the Cats, ala Shiel 2017, ala Mumford GF 2019.

He WILL make ANY Cats player earn their disposal.

I hope we win as Cotchin is deserving of being a TRIPLE premiership CAPTAIN , the first in our clubs history so much more than the fairytale ‘narrative’ of ‘mercenary’ Ablett.

Never get in the way of an ‘angry Chimp’.

Attachments

• 1D65F72C-FF4D-4DD0-BA1A-FE33AC28F4BF.jpeg
    1D65F72C-FF4D-4DD0-BA1A-FE33AC28F4BF.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Love

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
Absolutely nobody wants us to win apart form diehard Hawthorn supporters who would barrack for Al Qaeda over Geelong. It's us against the world.

All the Hawks supporters I know want Geelong to win. They don't want us equaling them on 13 Premierships.

Just heard Rita Panahi in 3AW say she will feel sick in the stomach if the Tigers win. She's a Hawthorn supporter.

The host Dee Dee and Grant Thomas both picked Geelong as well.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Just heard Rita Panahi in 3AW say she will feel sick in the stomach if the Tigers win. She's a Hawthorn supporter.
I don't mind Rita but she has no credibility when it comes to footy. Wanted Dusty run out of the game prior to an investigation and stayed silent on the Hawthorn players accused of rape. She was still banging on about Dusty long after he'd been cleared by the police investigation. Just another hater.

Last edited:
  • Angry

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
All the Hawks supporters I know want Geelong to win. They don't want us equaling them on 13 Premierships.
Actually we go ahead of them as on most tables, the second column lists the number of times you are runners up.

Not to get too far ahead of myself, but it will take at least two years to get ahead of Collingwood because of all the times they lose Grand Finals. :))