Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
An inspirational leader on and off the field. We've been a lucky group of supporters to witness his heroics

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
It feels like a good time to hand the captaincy over, but I'm glad he's staying on for at least another year.

Reactions: 3 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
I used to think Jack Graham would be a future Richmond captain. May still be one day. But don’t think his time has come as yet. Probably was only just scraping into the side over the latter part of the season. Not sure if he was carrying an injury, or just out of form.

Nick Vlastuin seemed another likely type. But did some really undisciplined *smile* things later in the season. Not what you would want to see in a captain.

Not sure Dusty really wants it. He’s an on field leader without wanting to do all the extra media crap that goes with the job.

Leaves me with Grimes and perhaps Dan Rioli (since Dan has reinvented himself on the half back flank).

Maybe Grimes as captain and either Dusty, Vlastuin or Dan Rioli as VC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Trent stands along side Voss and Hodge as the best Captain this century.

Thanks for everything Chimp.

Reactions: 9 users

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Lynch could be a smokey. Remember he was captain at Gold coast so knows what is expected.

Reactions: 2 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Awesome leader, selfless and courageous to take on such a role at our 'sleeping giant' club back then in far tougher times.

How young was he in that first interview. He has given so much to our club, we are indebted to him. I wish his final season gives him much joy.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I’m a bit surprised by this, thought he had another year… thank you Captain Cotch.

Reactions: 2 users

Honest John

Tiger Cub
Sep 12, 2020
If Jack Graham is selected as the next captain it will be similar to the transition of the captaincy from Chris Newman to a young Trent. A strategy that has paid huge dividends. Thanks so much Trent

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Thank-you Cotch. Your time as captain cannot be measured just by the three cups, it is measured by the impact you have had on the culture of this club. Rest up, play on and enjoy the ride mate.

Reactions: 6 users

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
Sad day true legend. Wonder whether after the break Cotch body telling him something. Would not surprise to see him realistically see how the season progresses and the body tells him he will do as he always has put the club first and do a Grigg

Reactions: 1 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Bravo Zulu Cotch. led by example leaves by example. Next Jack of a year. Deserves it in his own right.

Reactions: 1 users