Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Excellent.

Has been in good form and if nothing else is a great mentor to new players coming through.

DS
This is what makes a true champion. To continue the journey, to help the younger players, to play his role, to reduce his pay packet, to inspire. Trent, you have influenced so many and those players will reap your efforts in years to come. Thank you so much.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
No Jack announcement.

Would have thought that they would announce them concurrently. Maybe Jack hasn't had his exit interview yet?

Jack had his exit interview today I saw him being interviewed by one of the media outlets as I walked PRO today, not sure if they caught him going in or coming out.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Jack had his exit interview today I saw him being interviewed by one of the media outlets as I walked PRO today, not sure if they caught him going in or coming out.
Saw that on 9’s news. Basically confirmed he’d be staying for less money without actually saying the words.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
great news on a number of levels

for the the club, the team and the Tiger Army

glad yr hanging around Cotch !

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
They probably want to spread the announcements over a couple of days so each gets fresh air in the news cycle

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Did they hit you up for a Headline Caesar ??

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Will always be the most courageous, humble and therefore best leader I have seen. So glad he will go around again.

Reactions: 7 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
You bloody beauty!! Retirement - Leysy's Arse.

Another year of watching the most influential footballer to walk into our clubs in generations go around.

An honour.

Reactions: 13 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Rapt with Cotch staying on for another year as well.

This will further develop our young midfield group and teach hopefully Hopper & Taranto the ‘chimp way’.

Will also help Nankervis & Grimes in their captaincy roles next year too.

To me and to many of us Trent is still ‘numero uno’ not in title but in deed and spiritually.

The fact he will reach the 300 milestone and be along side greats of the 300 club is an honour.

If ‘that milestone’ is at the G I want to be , stand.applaud, acknowledge that he was part of the culture shift in attitude.

My wish is that he becomes a four time premiership player, 3 x premiership skipper.

By targeting Hopper & Taranto this will aid his and Prestia battered bodies and can be rested when need be because we have more midfield depth.

Let’s hope!

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
There was a snippet article in Saturday’s HUN from Ash Barty’s book where she spoke about how Cotch is like a brother to her. Was a good little article.
If someone has a subscription I’d appreciate it if they could post or PM me a copy of the article as I was going to share with someone else and the hard copy of the paper at home got thrown out by the boss.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
There was a snippet article in Saturday’s HUN from Ash Barty’s book where she spoke about how Cotch is like a brother to her. Was a good little article.
If someone has a subscription I’d appreciate it if they could post or PM me a copy of the article as I was going to share with someone else and the hard copy of the paper at home got thrown out by the boss.
Best I could do TT

1667220950069.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Is this it?

Super-fit Australian tennis great Ash Barty has revealed a years-long struggle with her body image that left her with crippling insecurities. Here’s how she turned it around.

Robert CraddockRobert Craddock

MY MATE TRENT THE TIGER

Ash Barty does not have a big brother, but there are times when Richmond AFL captain Trent Cotchin appears to fill this role in her life.
This much is clear from the pair’s close relationship, which extends not simply through the fact that Barty is a Richmond tragic, but because they both work closely with mindset coach Ben Crowe – a key member of Barty’s inner circle.
The athletes first met a decade ago, when Barty was based in Melbourne. They would run together, watch each other train, and she would go to Cotchin’s house for dinner with his wife Brooke and kids, she reveals in memoir My Dream Time. And the bond remains strong.
“Because he is an exceptional human being he has this sense of knowing when I need a mate, when I need a coffee or a text,” Barty told News Corp. “He has this incredible ability to uplift people and lead people and be funny and joke around and lighten things up.
“He has been so kind to me. It’s pretty amazing. As athletes we can share our journey.”
At key times in her career, Barty has found texts from Cotchin the perfect tonic, especially after her biggest disappointments.
Ash Barty presented the premiership cup to Trent Cotchin in 2020. Picture: Michael Klein

Ash Barty presented the premiership cup to Trent Cotchin in 2020. Picture: Michael Klein
“He tends to send messages that go like this: It was a tennis match. You lost. Get over it. No big deal. I love you, mate,” Barty writes in her book.
One example of Cotchin’s ability to send the right message at the right time came after Barty was shattered by a 2021 Australian Open quarterfinal loss to Karolina Muchova after winning the first set 6-1 a break up in the second set.
“Right now, I feel judged. She’s thrown it away. She’s screwed it up. She’s choked,” she writes. “Cotch knows how easy it is to hear those voices, so he replaces them with the affirmations he’s found in football.
“One of them is ‘You haven’t been buried, you’ve been planted’, but my favourite is his personal mantra: ‘Your greatest growth comes from your darkest times.’
“In this dark time, he sends me a long text, explaining how he was able to watch me play until late in the second set, when I was faltering. So he didn’t see the collapse, but he read about it later.”
“The text read: “Ash, I know nothing will really help, nor change anything, as you have all the answers, and you know it doesn’t change the incredible human you are and the impact you’re having on others.
“I’m proud of your continued growth! I’m grateful to watch and learn from you on how to be a special and authentic human being! Love you, mate! Chat to you soon.”
Barty is a diehard Tigers supporter. Picture: AAP

Barty is a diehard Tigers supporter. Picture: AAP

Reactions: 7 users