Triple Eddie has lost his marbles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Triple Eddie has lost his marbles

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Collingwood is Australia's team: McGuire
1:08:16 PM Sat 8 February, 2003
Kevin Diggerson
afl.com.au

Collingwood will continue to work to develop AFL football and to build its supporter base in West Sydney after a successful week as part of the AFL's community camp program.

Magpie president Eddie McGuire told afl.com.au that the club has plans to continue the work they began this week.

We are dealing with NSWAFL and are dotting i's and crossing t's to make sure that is the situation McGuire said of the club's on-going commitment to West Sydney.

Collingwood doesn't believe in just going up and making token efforts. We've gone to western Sydney with a plan to implement and we think this is a contribution to the growth of our game and hopefully people will become Collingwood supporters in the meantime. But our first priority is to grow the game of AFL in western Sydney.

McGuire believes the fact that Collingwood has worked with the Sydney Swans in their move to cultivate the west of Sydney has seen all stakeholders reap the benefits.

I think one of the good things is that we have been able to do it in conjunction with the AFL and Sydney and the winner has been the kids of NSW McGuire said.

The Sydney Swans have done a fantastic job in the East, South and CBD but the west of Sydney is a different area and we have been able to work in with them. We had 500 people at our training session at the Olympic Stadium, we had tremendous media presence. Not only was it good for the kids but also for the brand of AFL because, at a time when you never get in a Sydney paper, we were in there and the Swans were in there at the same time.

And the Magpie president believes the work in West Sydney will continue to see his club at the forefront of Australian sporting clubs.

"Collingwood is now Australia's team" he said.

We're the number one club in terms of relationships with corporates; number one the government and number one with our supporters. We go everywhere and have a tremendous following. The west of Sydney is there for a big club to come in and do something and that's what we're going to do. We want to work with the Swans and the AFL to get more people involved in football.

"Collingwood is now Australia's team" Give us a break Eddie.

You may fool those down in Collingwood, but ............ on your bike all the way to Sydney and do the rest of the football world a favour 8)

A

admin

"Collingwood is now Australia's team" he said.
Haha funny stuff....that's why 90% of footy fans who don't barrack for Collingwood were barracking against them in the GF.
Sell ya soul Eddie, but don't associate this proud Aussie with your club.
I've got one of my own.
Go Tiges.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Perhaps Eddie is working on the theory that if he keeps telling people for long enough they'll start to believe him.

I think he's got a bit of work to do, cause it's not sinking in over here. Not in this or any other life time.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Yawn!

Some people will say anything to get their name in the paper. Next we will hear that Michael Jackson is Collingwood's No. 1 ticket holder. ::)