TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I made it through to the end, become a bit by the numbers to be fair.

Yellowjackets is meant to be good, anyone seen it yet?

There's a few posts on Yellowjackets a couple of pages back. Very good.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Don’t know if this should be in the tv or movies thread but anyway I watched Jimmy Carrs Dark Material on Netflix.

Ive never watched him before, seen his face and name around but never watched anything with him in it but geez I laughed, in stitches. I don’t find many comedians funny any more, (they all want to do the same “white people are racist” routines) but he’s definitely not PC. Does a fake stupid laugh though, didn’t like that.

I also know he’s funny because my wife hated him.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
As Redmond calls the abyss for current sports, now that the AO has finished, this is the deepest we go on TV with nothing really interesting to watch after the daily news from 7:00pm until the pre-season AFL starts.

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
Don’t know if this should be in the tv or movies thread but anyway I watched Jimmy Carrs Dark Material on Netflix.

Ive never watched him before, seen his face and name around but never watched anything with him in it but geez I laughed, in stitches. I don’t find many comedians funny any more, (they all want to do the same “white people are racist” routines) but he’s definitely not PC. Does a fake stupid laugh though, didn’t like that.

I also know he’s funny because my wife hated him.
From Jimmy Carr, "I've been with the same girl for 8 years now and we're very happy together, but how's this for mental? She still gets annoyed if I use her toothbrush. That's mental isn't it, when you consider how intimate we've been over those 8 years. And if you could tell me a better way to get dog *smile* out of trainers...I'd love to *smile* hear about it"

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
From Jimmy Carr, "I've been with the same girl for 8 years now and we're very happy together, but how's this for mental? She still gets annoyed if I use her toothbrush. That's mental isn't it, when you consider how intimate we've been over those 8 years. And if you could tell me a better way to get dog *smile* out of trainers...I'd love to *smile* hear about it"
Goes flat out with the 30 second gags does Jimmy, gets some fairly twisted thought processes happening n beats his audience over the head with them. Always works as blue as he can get away with, even on some of the more conventional shows he guests on.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Can't believe how people still apply to get on The Chase.......this quiz show is a fraud.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Started to watch Hit Monkey (Disney +) - it is animated but with some Tarantino essences poured over it. Jason Sudekis (Ted Lasso) is one of the main characters with a dark role. Blew my mind, had to wince at some of the scenes.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Murderville on Netflix. Don't bother. Not funny.

Reactions: 1 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Geez, grinding my way through to the final episode of Archive 81 and it's fair to say that it hasn't lived up to expectations.

Thought that there would be a lot more horror considering that James Wan is one of the producers.

Disappointing but I've made it this far so the stubborn prick in me will watch the rest.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Watched first episode and a half of Reacher on Amzaon Prime, (internet then *smile* itself), so far so good, closer to the books, and more Reacher-like than the Tom Cruise debacles.

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Watched first episode and a half of Reacher on Amzaon Prime, (internet then *smile* itself), so far so good, closer to the books, and more Reacher-like than the Tom Cruise debacles.

I couldnt watch Reacher with Tom "I'm Mr Wonderful" Cruise, he just "smiles" me to tears.