TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'm a real fan of the books and I was pretty weary of watching the new series. Never considered watching the movies. I made my partner watch the first episode first and she thought I'd love it so I gave it a go. Fantastic! Well paced and the guy playing Reacher was amazingly close to the image I had created in my head of the character. And it doesn't try to be anything more than it is-just good entertainment.

Yeah, I enjoyed the series. Hoping we get season 2 soon

Reactions: 1 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Just watched Rooney on Amazon. ...... probably a bit watered-down to how things really were, but enjoyed it.
*smile* he could play..... hard to believe he's only 37..... he has what I'd call ...... a well lived in head!

Was a good watch. Good to see his misses in particular and Wayne being so open about some of his incidents in the past. Would have expected that you can't ask this and you can't ask that, but they openly talked about that topic, good on them.

Even as a Liverpool fan, this guy was amazingly talented. Will never forget his first United game in Champions League at 18 years old, just bags a lazy hat-trick!! :oops:

Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Tommy's back for the last time :cool:
Going to have to binge watch again, less than two weeks to go :giggle:

FB_IMG_1644938090849.jpg

FB_IMG_1645012288010.jpg

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Watched first episode and a half of Reacher on Amzaon Prime, (internet then *smile* itself), so far so good, closer to the books, and more Reacher-like than the Tom Cruise debacles.
I'm a big fan of the Reacher books; read every one of them. He's a great character.

I refused to watch the Tom Cruise movies; never seen a more mis-cast actor for a role in my life; plus Cruise is a rubbish actor as it is. Liam Neeson would have been perfect for the role.

However this Amazon Prime series is much better. The actor is a lot more Reacher like although he's probably a little clean cut. But he's pretty close and the series stays quite true to the book on which it was based (very first in the series; Killing Floor). Love the way Reacher always goes for the nuclear option :mhihi. My wife has only read a couple of Reacher books, including Killing Floor, and she really enjoyed the series as did I. It is a little cheesy (but also funny) in parts but overall very good and IMHO worth watching. Looking forward to the second season.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Better Call Saul final season coming April 18!

Geez its annoying when a TV series I’m watching changes streaming services when you’re in the middle of watching it. I was halfway through Sons of Anarchy. Then it went from Stan to Disney. I am assuming Disney had the rights to it because they now own Fox in the USA, but had to wait for the contract with Stan to end?

I have now dumped Stan for a couple of months and signed up to Disney, so I can finish watching it. But now that Better Call Saul is coming in April, I need to speed it up a bit.

Ozark season 4 (part 1) is as good as the rest of the series. FYI, Julia Garner is an exceptional, exceptional actress.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Geez its annoying when a TV series I’m watching changes streaming services when you’re in the middle of watching it.
Yeah agree that really sucks. Line of Duty is an excellent BBC cop show and the first 5 seasons were on Netflix. Then the highly anticipated 6th season ends up on a little known service called Britbox :mad:

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I'm a big fan of the Reacher books; read every one of them. He's a great character.

I refused to watch the Tom Cruise movies; never seen a more mis-cast actor for a role in my life; plus Cruise is a rubbish actor as it is. Liam Neeson would have been perfect for the role.

However this Amazon Prime series is much better. The actor is a lot more Reacher like although he's probably a little clean cut. But he's pretty close and the series stays quite true to the book on which it was based (very first in the series; Killing Floor). Love the way Reacher always goes for the nuclear option :mhihi. My wife has only read a couple of Reacher books, including Killing Floor, and she really enjoyed the series as did I. It is a little cheesy (but also funny) in parts but overall very good and IMHO worth watching. Looking forward to the second season.
Agree, read all the books, was expecting a bit of a drop off with Lee Child scaling back his involvement, and his brother taking over, but so far so good.
Really enjoyed the series, got through it in 2 days, Alan Ritchson a much more 'Reacher-Like' actor than Tom Cruise, and very much fitted the Jack Reacher in my head.
I did like the Lee Child cameo in the last episode.
Series 2 in planning, and likely to be the second book, at this stage.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Agree, read all the books, was expecting a bit of a drop off with Lee Child scaling back his involvement, and his brother taking over, but so far so good.
Really enjoyed the series, got through it in 2 days, Alan Ritchson a much more 'Reacher-Like' actor than Tom Cruise, and very much fitted the Jack Reacher in my head.
I did like the Lee Child cameo in the last episode.
Series 2 in planning, and likely to be the second book, at this stage.
What was the Lee Child cameo? I missed that.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
When Reacher walked into the cafe/diner in the last episode, Lee Child walked past him on the way out.
Oh yeah thanks Baloo. I do remember that scene and thought it was a bit weird but didn't pick up that it was Lee Child.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
There’s too many streaming services …..most of them with 90% rubbish content.

Will be interesting if there is a lot of M&A activity over the next five to ten years.

Places will monetise and bring home the content they own (like paramount is doing with Star Trek and Disney has with marvel). Maybe the big ones will buy it up with a view to increasing price to whole subscriber base

I’m a tight arse / frugal depending on your viewpoint and just have one active at a time typically. Just let a whole season release and then watch it later vs getting in at the front end of the weekly updates. Content >> time anyway.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I enjoyed Reacher, apart from the paint by numbers formulaic showdown climax. I haven't read the books but going by descriptions, Ritchson looked the part. (Don't know if anyone ever watched Blue Mountain State but he was hilarious as Thad in that, stole every scene.)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Peaky Blinders S6 and Killing Eve S4 dropped over the weekend.

Watched Killing Eve S04E01. Think they should have stopped after Season 2.

I'm toying with holding off watching Peaky Blinders until the whole season drops and then binge. Dunno.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Watched the final of 1883 last night. I won't spoil for others, but FMD, a bit gut wrenching.