TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Been watching Pam and Tommy on Disney+ and it's been good, nothing too deep.

Also watching The Dropout , good too.

Reactions: 1 user

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I know I am pretty late to the party on this one, but I just watched Chernobyl and it's one of the best shows I have ever seen. Amazing acting performances in particular. And only 5 episodes which suits me fine. If you haven't seen it you are really missing out.

Reactions: 5 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Finally getting into True Detective the past couple of days.

First few episodes were slow, but the end of episode 4 is fantastic.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I know I am pretty late to the party on this one, but I just watched Chernobyl and it's one of the best shows I have ever seen. Amazing acting performances in particular. And only 5 episodes which suits me fine. If you haven't seen it you are really missing out.

it's brilliant

Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
What service is it on shad?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Severance on Apple TV is good - it's high concept and slow moving, and pretty dark. But good. Kind of Black Mirror-y. Another great Ben Stiller production after the excellent Escape at Dannemora from a few years ago.

Stiller really loves upstate New York in winter.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Severance on Apple TV is good - it's high concept and slow moving, and pretty dark. But good. Kind of Black Mirror-y. Another great Ben Stiller production after the excellent Escape at Dannemora from a few years ago.

Stiller really loves upstate New York in winter.
I'm persevering with this show but geez it's slow.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Here ya go. Perhaps too much recency bias and too much war but all of these are excellent IMO.

Searching for Sugar Man

Watched the above. What a beautiful story. I knew nothing about the real story, it was so well edited. Such a likeable bunch of characters (except one of course) a real heart warming tale.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Watched 2 Eps of WeCrash (about WeWorks crash) on Apple, interesting enough. Not sure how long this churning out of the podcast then the documentary then the mini series fad will last.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Mrs PT and I are really enjoying "The Responder" on SBS. A police drama set in Liverpool.

I did have to laugh though. Mrs PT actually turned the subtitles on for a little while. Despite the fact that it is an English speaking show, set in England, she was really struggling to understand thick scouse accents. We're not talking something closer to the middle class sounding Liverpool accent of the likes of John Lennon. It's really harsh working or underclass scouse.

Made me think. Because English is a relatively new language. You never really hear us native English speakers talk about the concept of dialects so much as most other languages do. But where does one argue the line is between where a form of the language is simply another accent, or is actually a different dialect? Is Scouse that much different with both pronunciation and vocabulary that it is nearly delving into the realms of being a different dialect of English? Certainly Australian English (spoken thousands of KMs away from it's source) is closer to standard British English that the likes of Scouse or Geordie, spoken only a few hundred KMs away from their source.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Watched 2 Eps of WeCrash (about WeWorks crash) on Apple, interesting enough. Not sure how long this churning out of the podcast then the documentary then the mini series fad will last.
How many episodes are there? I've listened to the We Crashed podcast so thought series might be worth a look. Many similarities to the Elizabeth Holmes story the series of which I am told is two episodes too long (the Anna Delvey series is also two episodes too long).

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
How many episodes are there? I've listened to the We Crashed podcast so thought series might be worth a look. Many similarities to the Elizabeth Holmes story the series of which I am told is two episodes too long (the Anna Delvey series is also two episodes too long).
8 episodes. Yep, very similar to Dropout. And yes, totally agree too re Anna Delvey.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
100%.
Harrowing story done brilliantly.