TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Last few eps and finale of Better Call Saul have been outstanding.
You won't see better acting than Michael Mando in his final episode or Rhea Seehorn in the penultimate episode (which was the best of the series IMO). You can quibble as always on how a great series ends.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Severance on Apple TV is good - it's high concept and slow moving, and pretty dark. But good. Kind of Black Mirror-y. Another great Ben Stiller production after the excellent Escape at Dannemora from a few years ago.

Stiller really loves upstate New York in winter.
one of the best shows ive seen so far. Very thought provoking

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
A little underwhelmed by the Better Call Saul finale. Not sure I bought it.

Wonderful show, though. Even better than Breaking Bad. As jb says, superb acting. Great writing. Brilliant characters.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Wonderful show, though. Even better than Breaking Bad. As jb says, superb acting. Great writing. Brilliant characters.

There was definite artistic licence taken in terms of the reality of it. Spoilers below.

I thought the FBI hardarse lawyers caving down to 7 years was a stretch. But it made sense in terms of him sacrificing that for Kim. Also how the *smile* does she become his lawyer without him giving permission?

The season overall, thought they lost their way a bit with Lalo even though he was a great character. Loved the callbacks to WW and JP and Mike etc, subtle enough to not just be fan service.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
You won't see better acting than Michael Mando in his final episode or Rhea Seehorn in the penultimate episode (which was the best of the series IMO). You can quibble as always on how a great series ends.

Mando was outstanding. Amazing physical performance as well.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
There was definite artistic licence taken in terms of the reality of it. Spoilers below.

I thought the FBI hardarse lawyers caving down to 7 years was a stretch. But it made sense in terms of him sacrificing that for Kim. Also how the *smile* does she become his lawyer without him giving permission?

The season overall, thought they lost their way a bit with Lalo even though he was a great character. Loved the callbacks to WW and JP and Mike etc, subtle enough to not just be fan service.
She wasn't his lawyer, she just used her credentials to get in to see him. That's how I read it.

The seven years thing was enough of a stretch, but him throwing that away to serve 86 stretched my bounds. I don't care how much he loved her. And I didn't see what changed him on that. Just because she confessed to the Hamlin death that she was going to get off scot-free from?

A few other things just seemed expeditious. "You're Saul Goodman, hey I have a direct line to the cops, hey cops I have Saul Goodman in my house!" "Where's Goodman?" "I bet he's in this dumpster." His lack of an escape plan was un-Saul-like.

I don't reckon the Walt and Jesse appearances added much. Pinkman looked 20 years older too.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Neil Gaimans excellent 'The Sandman' graphic novels of the early 90s have been adapted into a series on Netflix.

I'm not a big fantasy fan but they've done a great job and the production is super. Worth a look.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
She wasn't his lawyer, she just used her credentials to get in to see him. That's how I read it.

The seven years thing was enough of a stretch, but him throwing that away to serve 86 stretched my bounds. I don't care how much he loved her. And I didn't see what changed him on that. Just because she confessed to the Hamlin death that she was going to get off scot-free from?

A few other things just seemed expeditious. "You're Saul Goodman, hey I have a direct line to the cops, hey cops I have Saul Goodman in my house!" "Where's Goodman?" "I bet he's in this dumpster." His lack of an escape plan was un-Saul-like.

I don't reckon the Walt and Jesse appearances added much. Pinkman looked 20 years older too.

Yeah her bluffing her way in could work.

Both the 7 and the 86 were stretching it I agree. I think the character arc is that Kim recognised their evil and repented, and tried to make amends. they set it up with her conversation with him on the phone. that plants the seed "you should turn yourself in Jimmy". The flashbacks in the last with "time machine" which is all about regrets with Walter, and Mike also set it up - they both want to make things better for people around them, he doesn't. The one example when he did help someone selflessly was the flashback to his brother. But yeah, do you buy that he could really change? The show says he does, but is it convincing? I only half-bought it as well.

I honestly think there was a subconscious element of wanting to be caught too - so he takes risks with the morons in Nebraska, and then goes into the guy's house, just begging to be caught really. I don't think finding him in the dumpster was a stretch, they knew he was on foot and where he was roughly, so obvious to look there. They did seem to know he was in there though.

Kim looked great as a brunette :love::love:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah her bluffing her way in could work.

Both the 7 and the 86 were stretching it I agree. I think the character arc is that Kim recognised their evil and repented, and tried to make amends. they set it up with her conversation with him on the phone. that plants the seed "you should turn yourself in Jimmy". The flashbacks in the last with "time machine" which is all about regrets with Walter, and Mike also set it up - they both want to make things better for people around them, he doesn't. The one example when he did help someone selflessly was the flashback to his brother. But yeah, do you buy that he could really change? The show says he does, but is it convincing? I only half-bought it as well.

I honestly think there was a subconscious element of wanting to be caught too - so he takes risks with the morons in Nebraska, and then goes into the guy's house, just begging to be caught really. I don't think finding him in the dumpster was a stretch, they knew he was on foot and where he was roughly, so obvious to look there. They did seem to know he was in there though.

Kim looked great as a brunette :love::love:
I'm a brunettes man but hard disagree. Much better as a blonde.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Just watched the first season of Severance and loved it, highly recommended.

Now watching Better Call Saul from the start and am really regretting not watching it before. However I get to binge all the seasons now.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Only Murders in the Building, starring Steve Martin (tick), Martin Short (big tick) and Selena Gomez (massive, throbbing tick), with Nathan Lane (delightful as always) popping in now and then. Very enjoyable so far.
Last ep. of S2 last night, looks like a season 3 is coming.
Selena Gomez is an enigma, sometime she's super hot, other times a bit frumpy.

last episode of 'The Twelve' last night as well. This was quality, though heavy going at times.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Last ep. of S2 last night, looks like a season 3 is coming.
Selena Gomez is an enigma, sometime she's super hot, other times a bit frumpy.

last episode of 'The Twelve' last night as well. This was quality, though heavy going at times.
I didn't realise S2 was out yet, cheers.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

Finally watched last episode last night. Agree with most comments, enjoyed it, but slightly hollow feeling.

Now I've started Breaking Bad.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Into season 3 with NYPD Blue. 23 shows per season. Phew.

Good grief Kim Delaney and Justine Miceli are hot. Unreal.

Interestingly, Delaney plays the character Diane Russell - an alcoholic detective. But in real life Delaney is an alcoholic herself. Lost custody of her kid etc.

1661984939157.jpeg

Last edited:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The Boys season 3. Best yet. No longer subtle that it's about fascism and how far people will compromise themselves for fame, glory and the almighty dollar. Savage critique of the current state of America. Funny, tense, gory, and even has some heart. Great telly.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Into season 3 with NYPD Blue. 23 shows per season. Phew.

Good grief Kim Delaney and Justine Miceli are hot. Unreal.

Interestingly, Delaney plays the character Diane Russell - an alcoholic detective. But in real life Delaney is an alcoholic herself. Lost custody of her kid etc.

View attachment 16555
My wife and I’s favourite show from the 90’s. Who is streaming it?