TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
My wife and I’s favourite show from the 90’s. Who is streaming it?
Disney +. Great HD too compared to the old 90’s.

Awesome show. Lot of very heavy topics , crimes and plots and things. Great street scenes. Set in the Lower East Side which was pretty seedy back in the 90’s. Cleaned up big time now.

Heh heh heh ….Sipowicz had to get a digital examination the other day.

Reactions: 1 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane

Awesome show. Lot of very heavy topics , crimes and plots and things. Great street scenes. Set in the Lower East Side which was pretty seedy back in the 90’s. Cleaned up big time now.

Sipowicz - the only bloke who could make wearing a tie with a short sleeved shirt look cool.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Been churning out a few TV shows lately due to some ailments keeping me home.

The Resort on Stan was unusual but pretty good, sort of an Outsiders type vibe but not as weird.

Disney Plus also has some great stuff if you dig around, picks up a lot of shows from the Foxtel platforms. The Bear is on there and is excellent, as is the Mike Tyson biopic series and one called The Therapist with Steve Carell.

Reactions: 1 user

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Really struggling to find anything to watch apart from my weekly shows, decided to give supernatural a go..
watced the first 3 episodes thought it wasn't too bad...
Given it has 15 seasons/320 episdes how does the quality hold up if anyone here has watched it?

Last edited:

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
Really struggling to find anything to watch apart from my weekly shows, decided to give supernatural a go..
Given it has 15 seasons/320 episdes how does the quality hold up if anyone here has watched it?
I’d say it holds up pretty well, is one of my wife’s all time favorite shows. Has a very strong final season too.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
One of my favourite shows. Used to watch it when it was on channel 10 years ago then they started to move it around and messed with its scheduling. Watched it until around season 8. Then I came across it again on Foxtel. Have watched it from the start again and now up to season 9. Still stands up. Some average episodes but few and far between. Castiel is awesome. Worth watching. In fact, I’m watching an episode right now :ROFLMAO:

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
One of my favourite shows. Used to watch it when it was on channel 10 years ago then they started to move it around and messed with its scheduling. Watched it until around season 8. Then I came across it again on Foxtel. Have watched it from the start again and now up to season 9. Still stands up. Some average episodes but few and far between. Castiel is awesome. Worth watching. In fact, I’m watching an episode right now :ROFLMAO:
Good music too!

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Watched the West Wing all the way through again.

Can’t describe why but I could watch it forever.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Just finished bingeing all 6 seasons of better Call Saul in under 3 weeks. Great show, I have some similar issues with it that I have with Breaking Bad in finding characters to sympathise with. But there's no doubt its written very well and acted very well for the most part. My favourite characters were Mike and Gus. After a career spent playing bad guys Jonathan Banks is given a lot more to do and does an incredible job. Season 4 was a bit of a dip in quality, especially in the plotting but the show recovered well.

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Been churning out a few TV shows lately due to some ailments keeping me home.

The Resort on Stan was unusual but pretty good, sort of an Outsiders type vibe but not as weird.

Disney Plus also has some great stuff if you dig around, picks up a lot of shows from the Foxtel platforms. The Bear is on there and is excellent, as is the Mike Tyson biopic series and one called The Therapist with Steve Carell.

Forgot to mention Welcome to Wrexham on Disney Plus as well, which is like a reality version of Ted Lasso where Ryan Reynolds and another actor buy a soccer team.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Just finished bingeing all 6 seasons of better Call Saul in under 3 weeks. Great show, I have some similar issues with it that I have with Breaking Bad in finding characters to sympathise with. But there's no doubt its written very well and acted very well for the most part. My favourite characters were Mike and Gus. After a career spent playing bad guys Jonathan Banks is given a lot more to do and does an incredible job. Season 4 was a bit of a dip in quality, especially in the plotting but the show recovered well.
Disappointed you left out Nacho as a fav

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane

Ta.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Watched Untold : The race of the century yesterday on Netflix.

The story of Australia 2 winning the Americas Cup.

Really enjoyed it, I remember it as a kid when it happened but was too young to realise all the drama surrounding it. The New York Yacht Club were a bunch of pr!cks to put it lightly.