TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Watched Untold : The race of the century yesterday on Netflix.

The story of Australia 2 winning the Americas Cup.

Really enjoyed it, I remember it as a kid when it happened but was too young to realise all the drama surrounding it. The New York Yacht Club were a bunch of pr!cks to put it lightly.
Using PM Bob Hawke's line, more like 'bums'.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I was late getting onto “Mr Inbetween” - then binge watched all series and absolutely loved it.

And only a couple of weeks ago I did the same with “Barry” - and same result. In fact there was some commonality between them - quirk, violent, a bit of black humour.
I am watching Barry atm. First series was a bit slow but just gets better & better.

Reactions: 1 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Only a few episodes in but for those that like Sunderland Til I Die, will like another English Football Doco.

Called "Welcome to Wrexham". Bloody good so far.

On Disney +

Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Second series of the Outlaws on Prime Video is patchy and nowhere near as good as the first, but still has some funny moments, mainly around Stephen Merchant.

The Patient on Disney + is frustratingly short in episode length but really, really, good. Well worth a look.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Wife is watching Bad Sisters on Netflix, just caught a bit of it, very enjoyable. Sharon Hogan isn't drop dead gorgeous but is drop dead gorgeous.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It's great watching the Louis Theroux series. Looking back at his previous episodes over the years. Geez there's some real weirdos in the US.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Watched Untold : The race of the century yesterday on Netflix.

The story of Australia 2 winning the Americas Cup.

Really enjoyed it, I remember it as a kid when it happened but was too young to realise all the drama surrounding it. The New York Yacht Club were a bunch of pr!cks to put it lightly.
Just watched this last night. Entertaining. I was only 13 at the time but remember it being huge.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The long-awaited Shantaram series is streaming on Apple. Stars Charlie Hunnam. A bit slow but not bad.

Watched the first couple of eps of season 2 of The White Lotus last night. Not bad, although the appeal of Jennifer Coolidge escapes me. Is she deliberately, aggressively repulsive, stupid and annoying? The show is much better when she's not on-screen.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The long-awaited Shantaram series is streaming on Apple. Stars Charlie Hunnam. A bit slow but not bad.
i gave Shantaram 3 episodes. As you say, slow. Too slow (and going nowhere) for me.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Watched the first couple of eps of season 2 of The White Lotus last night. Not bad, although the appeal of Jennifer Coolidge escapes me. Is she deliberately, aggressively repulsive, stupid and annoying? The show is much better when she's not on-screen.
Great show but agree on Coolidge. Must be a contract thing but her & her hubby are painful.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Great show but agree on Coolidge. Must be a contract thing but her & her hubby are painful.

Love the show as well - But totally agree re: Coolidge.

So many better characters they could have rolled into this series.