TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Re: TV Thread

jb03 said:
Not this year but I have always found it a good show to have a punt on. "Reality" shows are good betting mediums.

On a different note, did anyone watch the The Hollowmen, the new D-Gen show. Thoughts on it?

D-Gen............bring back The Late Show I say. ;D

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

TigerForce said:
I would just like to say to BIG BROTHER ..........................ROT IN HELL !!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now if we can only get jackie o to host ACA or today tonight or some other crap...the kiss of death strikes again

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

jb03 said:
On a different note, did anyone watch the The Hollowmen, the new D-Gen show. Thoughts on it?

Just watched it online. Found it very funny, the spin doctoring is awesome. And not to far off the mark.

Some of the facts in the show are very true and show you how screwed up society is.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

SCOOP said:
Just watched it online. Found it very funny, the spin doctoring is awesome. And not to far off the mark.

Some of the facts in the show are very true and show you how screwed up society is.

yeah it was bagged the next day so when I got around to watching the tape it was better than expected. Only thing, it is hard not to think of Rob Sitch as Mike Moore. The positions held by a few of the actors was a tad confusing as well.

On to a different show, caught up with the first couple of episodes of Dexter which I recorded off channel 10. Apparently it has been on Foxtel. Promising show.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

jb03 said:
yeah it was bagged the next day so when I got around to watching the tape it was better than expected. Only thing, it is hard not to think of Rob Sitch as Mike Moore. The positions held by a few of the actors was a tad confusing as well.

On to a different show, caught up with the first couple of episodes of Dexter which I recorded off channel 10. Apparently it has been on Foxtel. Promising show.

Dexter is superb. Stick with it.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
A new series of Red Dwarf, "Back to Earth", is going to be on ABC2 on Monday at 8pm. Any other Red dwarf fans here?

one here rosy. wasn't too bad.just lacked a little something.maybe because i haven't seen it for a while. but enjoyed.will be looking to get the whole series on dvd when i can

Foxtrot

Tiger Rookie
Oct 12, 2003
Bathurst NSW
Just finished Series 3 of Mad Men and the hype is justified - what a great show and an awesome finale. I love this poster below - says it all.

poster.jpg

Bit of an empty feeling having to wait for the next series - Fortunately we have Series 2 of Rome waiting on the bench ready to sub in.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
For fans of The Wire, David Simon's new show, Treme, has just started in the US. I watched the first episode today and its definitely promising although like with The Wire it will probably take a few episodes to fully get into it. It is less dense than the first episode of The Wire though. The show is about the rebuilding of New Orleans after Katrina, its principally set amongst the musicians, bars and restaurants of New Orleans so it has a different emphasis than The Wire.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Anybody a fan of Man Vs Wild. Bear Grylls is my new hero.

Also Wilfred on Monday nights. P!ss funny show.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
IanG said:
For fans of The Wire, David Simon's new show, Treme, has just started in the US. I watched the first episode today and its definitely promising although like with The Wire it will probably take a few episodes to fully get into it. It is less dense than the first episode of The Wire though. The show is about the rebuilding of New Orleans after Katrina, its principally set amongst the musicians, bars and restaurants of New Orleans so it has a different emphasis than The Wire.

Thanks will try it. Hadn't heard anything about it.

Getting into Sons of Anarchy, Friday Night Lights season 2, Man V Wild, Breaking Bad.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
tbartiger said:
Anybody a fan of Man Vs Wild. Bear Grylls is my new hero.

Tis good but there's only so much of it I can take before his heroics get a touch repetitive.

I'm giving True Blood a go atm.
After a couple of episodes I'm unsure if I like it or not.
Will persevere.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
SCOOP said:
Thanks will try it. Hadn't heard anything about it.

Getting into Sons of Anarchy, Friday Night Lights season 2, Man V Wild, Breaking Bad.

Sons of Anarchy is a ball tearer, one of the best shows on TV the last couple of years. I'm catching up with Breaking Bad myself, currently halfway through S2 and loving it. Friday Night Lights is also very good.

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Just finished series 6 of Spooks and have really enjoyed it.

Probobaly not of the calibre of The Wire or Deadwood but it has been good. If you like the Bourne movies its worth checking out.

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
I miss Dexter already.

Lost ending was lame. So many questions, so little answers. Writers on that show just kept writing in circles without any plan or idea.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
We've been watching Stargate SG1 lately. Brought the full pack for the Mrs at the hefty price of $360. With 60 odd discs it is an impressive package.

A friend lent me S1-3 of Supernatural. Not my usual fare, but am enjoying it.

As there are plenty of Entourage fans on PRE, for those that haven't heard, there is a rumour that they will be making a movie. Not sure what to make of this, will either be great or terrible.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
tbartiger said:
As there are plenty of Entourage fans on PRE, for those that haven't heard, there is a rumour that they will be making a movie. Not sure what to make of this, will either be great or terrible.

New series starts this weekend.

New Dexter on its way, too.

Am enjoying Party Down's second season.