TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
spook said:
I liked S1 better.

The best female character on TV is Kim Wexler from Better Call Saul. She owns the current season.

Good call spook. Will be interesting where they take her character but can see Jimmy causing her downfall in the legal profession. Although a nice sly reference when Saul told his secretary (in the flash forward) to look up a lawyer in Chicago if she needed help. Thought that might be Kim.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Watched American pickers for a while now, however just about had enough of tight ass Frank, cheap as bloke you’d ever see

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Mr Brightside said:
Watched American pickers for a while now, however just about had enough of tight ass Frank, cheap as bloke you’d ever see
I used to watch that years ago but it quickly wore thin after , I dunno , a season.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watched the first 2 eps of Netflix Making a murderer 2.

Bit dull so far, looks like a case of cashing in on series 1.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I recon better call Saul is the best show on Tele by far. If you haven’t watched it yet you have 4 seasons to binge on...lucky you!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
fastin bulbous said:
I recon better call Saul is the best show on Tele by far. If you haven’t watched it yet you have 4 seasons to binge on...lucky you!
Love it too FB.

Been watching Santa Clarita Diet, a horror-comedy on Netflix. Enjoying it very much.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just watched Spicks & Specks Re-union special. What a great performance by many. Twitter's getting flooded with huge demand of bringing it back.

Spicks & Specks and Rockwiz are both unwanted successful music shows, while reality crap keeps *smile*ing FTA. WTF!!

Myf Warhurst :-* and Ella Hooper :-*

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
Been binging on old episodes of Frontline. It's depressing that 20 years after being completely exposed that this crap still exists in real life. Brian, Sam and Prowsey were right all along!

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Bosch said:
Finally got around to s6 of the americans , still thinking about it 24 hours later. Amazing final season..

Showing on Emirates. Watched it again on the outbound, and the last episode, again on the inbound. The train scene continues to make me cry but I'm prone to easy tears on flights, usually half-cut on whiskey.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
royce67 said:
Been binging on old episodes of Frontline. It's depressing that 20 years after being completely exposed that this crap still exists in real life. Brian, Sam and Prowsey were right all along!

It's still relevant. Just shows how smart the Working Dog team is/was.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Bosch said:
Finally got around to s6 of the americans , still thinking about it 24 hours later. Amazing final season..

IMHO one of the best series to ever screen on television. Just outstanding.

I remember watching and loving the first season back in 2013 or thereabouts on Channel 10. Then in typical Australian commercial TV fashion it never appeared again. Luckily I discovered it when I got Foxtel a couple of years later and was able to download season two which I'd missed and watched it all from there.

It's one of those shows that you really miss when it's over.

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
SCOOP said:
It's still relevant. Just shows how smart the Working Dog team is/was.

Depressingly relevant...

Anyway here's the bloke who has been uploading over last couple of month's channel. Enjoy and/or cry! All 3 series.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq7ZAIZWKsmye_TlznID0lw

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Rectify. I'd never heard of it until I looked into the works of Ray McKinnon, a true triple-threat heavyweight. Deadwood fans will know Ray as the preacher from the first season of that show. He also won an Oscar in 2002 for Best Live Action Short Film for The Accountant that he wrote, produced, directed and starred in (it's on youtube and it's brilliant). He created and wrote this heart-wrenching masterpiece that lasted 4 seasons, from 2013-16. It stars Aden Young in the performance of a lifetime as a man released after 20 years on death row. Deadwood fans will notice a couple of familiar faces too. It's beautifully written, brilliantly acted, with a wonderful ensemble cast, no easy answers, and plenty of tension in a story of a man, a family and a community forced to suffer more than anyone rightfully should. I binged all 30 episodes inside a fortnight, it's that good.

Reactions: 1 user