TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Finished watching the Last Dance - great viewing. MJ was a competitive beast and his achievements were more above the shoulders than below.
Complete mismanagement by the GM and owners to break up the team and start a re-build after 98. Could have won one or two more, as MJ admitted he was at his peak mentally at the time. Should have gone to another team to test himself in another environment. Freak.
Yeah, in hindsight (and probably at the time too) it was a terrible decision to “rebuild”. 22 years later and the Bulls still haven’t made the finals since let alone win one will Phil Jackson had great success at LA.

Maybe not the greatest analogy but it’d be a bit like Benny saying after 2019 ”Ok, time to rebuild, Dimma, youre on your way, Dusty, we are trading you to North, Trent, thanks for coming”.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
I think it had more to do with the salary cap. When Scottie Pippen signed his 10 year contract or whatever it was, that set up the Bulls For their successful years. They had Jordan and Pippen who were at worst both top 5 players in the competition. Pippen was on peanuts for most of those years, allowing them to sign up better support players than would otherwise have been possible.

Pippen was finally looking for a payday in 1999, MJ was the undisputed best player in the comp and he would expect to be remunerated accordingly. Ron Harper, Toni Kukoc, Steve Kerr and Luke Longley we’re all multiple Championship winners. Scott Burrell was coming up. And then there was Dennis Rodman.

It was a money thing. Krause was looking to offload at least Pippen and Rodman but he also knew that was probably not going to be enough.

Having said that, history has not been kind to him.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I’m late to the party but I’ve binged S1 of Ozark and now we’ll I go S2. Great tv that I’m enjoying (but I do worry how in Chicago and Missouri murder and crime goes by with little investigation)

Julia Garner (Ruth Langmore ) unrecognisable from Dirty John mini series last year.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I’m late to the party but I’ve binged S1 of Ozark and now we’ll I go S2. Great tv that I’m enjoying (but I do worry how in Chicago and Missouri murder and crime goes by with little investigation)

Julia Garner (Ruth Langmore ) unrecognisable from Dirty John mini series last year.

She's close to the best thing in it too.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Have you guys checked out the new Show Nebula 75 ..ins 3 episodes so far ( another dropping this week ) inspired by the classic shows Fireball XL5 , Stingray and Thunderbird's .. made in lockdown in a flat in London by a couple of very talented ppl ..amazing creativity with limited resources ..Im digging it lots .. . there is a how they make it video after each episode too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqivVh5KvTw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-47Za6BkJSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpv9RmE-Xsw

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Really liked The Last Dance but agree with some of the criticisms that it does tend to hop around all over the place a bit.

That said the archival footage was amazing & a great record of not just his incredible play but the phenomena that went with it.
Jordan changed the way basketball was perceived globally & Australia was no exception. Michael was just soo good he made the sport cool.

Was great to watch it with my teenage son who thought before he watched it that LeBron was on an even keel.
He'd changed his mind after it though.

Enjoyed the Rodman story almost as much.

Just an unbelievable desire to win MJ. Ruthless GOAT.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Really liked The Last Dance but agree with some of the criticisms that it does tend to hop around all over the place a bit.

That said the archival footage was amazing & a great record of not just his incredible play but the phenomena that went with it.
Jordan changed the way basketball was perceived globally & Australia was no exception. Michael was just soo good he made the sport cool.

Was great to watch it with my teenage son who thought before he watched it that LeBron was on an even keel.

Agree with all that. Would have been nice though if they touched on his final stage at the Wizards

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

One thing I noticed was the ridiculous suit and ties people wore in the 90's

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Zero Zero Zero

Mafia, Mexicans, Mericans.....!

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Zero Zero Zero