TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Season 1 was ok, but lost me completely after that. I couldn't get Dexter out of my head while watching Barry

Yeah some similarities, although Barry much more of a (dark) comedy. I gave up on Dexter after a couple of seasons.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I'm watching a bit of an old series (2010) called Tough Nuts hosted by Tara Moss (smokin'). Some of Australia's worst and notorious crims.

Even though it's a bit old, there's some great interviews. Roger Rogerson, Chopper etc.

Interesting the background to some of these crims. One or two from Sydney I knew very little about e.g. Chow Hayes. Geez what an ahole he was. Basic and brutal sociopath.

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Watching Your Honor on Stan.
Decent drama if not a little formulaic about a Judge who's conflicted when his son does the wrong thing.
Starring Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston.

I enjoyed this, but geeeeeez were there some plot holes in the writing, for example
why did they bring up the wife's affair in the penultimate episode and then not address it at all; who was in the SUV following Adam that led to the car crash; why was there only one jury member wearing a mask when that was the reason the judge used to clear the courtroom?

Really think COVID must have impacted the whole thing.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I enjoyed this, but geeeeeez were there some plot holes in the writing, for example
why did they bring up the wife's affair in the penultimate episode and then not address it at all; who was in the SUV following Adam that led to the car crash; why was there only one jury member wearing a mask when that was the reason the judge used to clear the courtroom?

Really think COVID must have impacted the whole thing.
Reckon you're right that it was affected. Interestingly Showtime haven't renewed a 2nd season.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Hannibal is now on Netflix so I just watched the first season. Holy *smile*!! That is all.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Hannibal is now on Netflix so I just watched the first season. Holy *smile*!! That is all.

Interesting show, amazingly shot. If anything gets weirder in the latter seasons. Mads Mikkelson and Hugh Dancy are great in the key roles. I still don't know how I feel about it - it's definitely exploitative.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Finally got around to bingeing Bojack Horseman , wow what a great show really got to me at times...Certainly nailed the ending imo...

Did someone mention Hannibal? Suddenly feeling hungry...

Last edited:

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Watched 'The Record' (on Prime) about the Womens World T20 early in 2020. Good to get persepctive from some other players, Beth Mooney particularly interesting, and to hear from the International captains. Not as 'behind the scenes' as 'The Test' but still a good watch.
I aways thought Meg Lanning was standoffish, and hard to warm too, this changed my mind a little.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Watched 'The Record' (on Prime) about the Womens World T20 early in 2020. Good to get persepctive from some other players, Beth Mooney particularly interesting, and to hear from the International captains. Not as 'behind the scenes' as 'The Test' but still a good watch.
I aways thought Meg Lanning was standoffish, and hard to warm too, this changed my mind a little.

Thanks for the tip. Enjoyed the first episode. Will watch the second tomorrow.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I am watching Resident Alien on some illegal streaming site. It has Alan Tudyk as an alien who crash lands on Earth and "becomes" a doctor to fit in. It's ridiculous, stupid, and pretty funny.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I am watching Resident Alien on some illegal streaming site. It has Alan Tudyk as an alien who crash lands on Earth and "becomes" a doctor to fit in. It's ridiculous, stupid, and pretty funny.
Yeah. I've been watching that as well. You've got it exactly right. So stupid that it's funny.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Have started Debris, with a slightly different alien invasion spin, debris from wrecked alien craft starts landing on earth and affecting people and things in weird ways. Lacks a sense of humor, but ...not bad. I am a SF/horror sucker though.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Law and Order. Original is the only one worth watching. The rest are sh*t with annoying actors and characters and dumb story lines. Lenny Briscoe = best.

Geezuz check out this bloke before his drunk and disorderly trial. Russian mafia ?

1617054635363.jpeg

Last edited: