TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Has anyone watched Schitts Creek? I've seen the first couple of episodes of the first season. Luke warm to it at the moment so wondering if it's worth persisting with.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Has anyone watched Schitts Creek? I've seen the first couple of episodes of the first season. Luke warm to it at the moment so wondering if it's worth persisting with.
It’s ok and has some great moments. 65% IMO You can do better but I’ve got sunk cost fallacy now And one and a half seasons left. Still game made me laugh a lot almost every episode - but put subtitles on.

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
It’s ok and has some great moments. 65% IMO You can do better but I’ve got sunk cost fallacy now And one and a half seasons left. Still game made me laugh a lot almost every episode - but put subtitles on.

Still Game, is funny as. But you definitely need the sub titles

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I watched it all. It was hit and miss. I did like Alexis, though. It did improve after the first few episodes.

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Probably not as good as the wraps but worth persisting with. And each ep is only 22 minutes.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Schitt's Creek, great cast with some good comic delivery. I thought Alexis would annoy the crap out of me at first but the actress is really funny as well as being quite easy on the eye.

The story/content is pretty limited, once the novelty of the fish out of water premise wears off. It's very light.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
For people who like material that's a bit more challenging, High Maintenance about a marijuana seller in NYC who's a bit of a dude, on Binge and Foxtel. It's funny, sad, moving. Each episode he'll sell to a customer and the episode basically follows the life of that customer for the day/night whatever before jumping back to the dude. Takes a bit of getting used to but worth it. I think the second episode focussed on a flamboyant super-annoying gay guy, but as it goes on the characters reveal their humanity, so stick with the show though. Like any good businessman he's very accepting of his varied clientelle but you feel he really means it. Real taste of NY culture for those who like that sort of thing, kind of a video form of "humans of New York"

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Schitt's Creek, great cast with some good comic delivery. I thought Alexis would annoy the crap out of me at first but the actress is really funny as well as being quite easy on the eye.

The story/content is pretty limited, once the novelty of the fish out of water premise wears off. It's very light.
Highly overrated and not funny IMO. I tried but not for me

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
For people who like material that's a bit more challenging, High Maintenance about a marijuana seller in NYC who's a bit of a dude, on Binge and Foxtel. It's funny, sad, moving. Each episode he'll sell to a customer and the episode basically follows the life of that customer for the day/night whatever before jumping back to the dude. Takes a bit of getting used to but worth it. I think the second episode focussed on a flamboyant super-annoying gay guy, but as it goes on the characters reveal their humanity, so stick with the show though. Like any good businessman he's very accepting of his varied clientelle but you feel he really means it. Real taste of NY culture for those who like that sort of thing, kind of a video form of "humans of New York"

Great show.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
If after recent comedy series I couldn’t recommend ‘the good place‘ any more highly. the ethics in there also thought provoking plus jason being stupid beyond stupid cracks me up.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Apologies if mentioned previously but Season 2 of Ted Lasso drops this Friday - Apple TV

Season 1 was sensational

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Kind of similar vibe to Good Place in a way, Upload - near future guy gets uploaded into virtual reality after he dies... but was he murdered? hot girlfriend who uploaded him... why? what about his hot virtual reality customer assistance agent? his startup business partner? what does it all mean?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Kind of similar vibe to Good Place in a way, Upload - near future guy gets uploaded into virtual reality after he dies... but was he murdered? hot girlfriend who uploaded him... why? what about his hot virtual reality customer assistance agent? his startup business partner? what does it all mean?

There was only 1 season of Upload I think, or are there more? The Good Place was good and to their credit they stopped after 4 seasons and went out on a high.

Started on Dr Death last night, a fictionalised account of the real Dr Death, Christopher Duntsch. Any show with Alec Baldwin and Christian Slater in it is worth a viewing. So far not bad.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
There was only 1 season of Upload I think, or are there more? The Good Place was good and to their credit they stopped after 4 seasons and went out on a high.

Started on Dr Death last night, a fictionalised account of the real Dr Death, Christopher Duntsch. Any show with Alec Baldwin and Christian Slater in it is worth a viewing. So far not bad.

Upload season 2 out later this year baloo.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Apologies if mentioned previously but Season 2 of Ted Lasso drops this Friday - Apple TV

Season 1 was sensational

We're that keen on it - Might need a video hookup to watch together similar to Tiges in lockdown mate bahaha!

• Haha