TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
spook said:
Rectify. I'd never heard of it until I looked into the works of Ray McKinnon, a true triple-threat heavyweight. Deadwood fans will know Ray as the preacher from the first season of that show. He also won an Oscar in 2002 for Best Live Action Short Film for The Accountant that he wrote, produced, directed and starred in (it's on youtube and it's brilliant). He created and wrote this heart-wrenching masterpiece that lasted 4 seasons, from 2013-16. It stars Aden Young in the performance of a lifetime as a man released after 20 years on death row. Deadwood fans will notice a couple of familiar faces too. It's beautifully written, brilliantly acted, with a wonderful ensemble cast, no easy answers, and plenty of tension in a story of a man, a family and a community forced to suffer more than anyone rightfully should. I binged all 30 episodes inside a fortnight, it's that good.

On what platform can we watch it spook?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Not sure if someone has mentioned it but Mr Inbetween is one of the more enjoyable shows I've seen in the last few years. Cracking script & storyline and terrific performances. Scott ryan is perfect as Ray.

And, great that it was only 6 episodes. Leaves you wanting more. Not sure how far they can go with it but looking forward to season 2.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
tigertim said:
Never heard lf it, whats it about and what platform?

amazon prime..
Its a fictionalized account(based on dan simmons novel) of the franklin expedition to the arctic in the 1840s
Its a very very dark tale and not easy to watch at times , a few scenes i am not sure i will ever get out of my head :)

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Bosch said:
amazon prime..
Its a fictionalized account(based on dan simmons novel) of the franklin expedition to the arctic in the 1840s
Its a very very dark tale and not easy to watch at times , a few scenes i am not sure i will ever get out of my head :)
:fing32

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
scottyturnerscurse said:
Great to have Fleabag back. Best show on TV IMO. Others will hate it.

Yeah. Good show. He cant be a real priest.

Started watching Deadly Class. Very good.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
After Life, on NetFlix.

First class, Ricky Gervais at his finest.

I cannot see how they make a second season though.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
lukeanddad said:
After Life, on NetFlix.

First class, Ricky Gervais at his finest.

I cannot see how they make a second season though.
Yep, agreed.

Head, heard there’s a second season, not sure where it goes from S1.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Russian Doll, a sharp existential comedy in the mold of Groundhog Day. Natasha Lyonne is great as the wiseass lead. The dialogue spits and crackles like bacon in a pan. On Netflix.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
spook said:
Russian Doll, a sharp existential comedy in the mold of Groundhog Day. Natasha Lyonne is great as the wiseass lead. The dialogue spits and crackles like bacon in a pan. On Netflix.

yeah, wasn't bad though it nearly lost me in the end.

Ruby

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 31, 2006
Not a lot of GOT 8 chatter on here.

Anyone get the feeling that when the characters talk about the relative safety of the Crypts of Winterfell ... those seeking sanctuary there are going to be sorely disappointed ;-)