TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
GoT Season 8

Visually spectacular but they clearly just want to get it over with.

spoiler-filled-memes-for-the-game-of-throne-addicts-25-11.jpg

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Season 8 has really stunk it up. So many plot devices built up over several episodes have turned out to be pointless and strong likable characters have become weak and detestable. Reminds me of The Last Jedi. Hopefully the last two books can do a much better job if they ever come out.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Giardiasis said:
Season 8 has really stunk it up. So many plot devices built up over several episodes have turned out to be pointless and strong likable characters have become weak and detestable. Reminds me of The Last Jedi. Hopefully the last two books can do a much better job if they ever come out.

Yeah it has been a bit of a bummer. Even last weeks episode essentially had no bearing at all on this weeks in terms of the strength of the armies and fight and the previous losses incurred (dragon included).

It must be hard to end long running series. Trying to think of some that did it well. Personally i have never got over the deterioration and finish of Dexter.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Bosch said:
Really digging Barry , s2 e 5 one of the best/bizarre epiodes of tv i have seen..
Yeah, love Barry. Haven’t caught ep 5, only at 4.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
lukeanddad said:
What happened? Only made it to S5 or so. (You could answer in code/PM if you want to avoid spoilers)

Quality deteriorates badly from where you are but you need to finish it right through and make up your own mind. Like a lot of series, characters make decisions that don't make sense either in general or in line with their personality/character; and plot holes abound.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Lucifer is back on Netflix after being canned on the previous channel. Quick 10 episode season. I think canning it may have been the right move. Seems to have lost its way a bit.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
antman said:
yeah, it's very good... not as manic as the film, or the book, but good nevertheless.
I’m a heathen , never read the book (although I have it on my shelf)

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
tigertim said:
I’m a heathen , never read the book (although I have it on my shelf)

The book is great!! Give it a try.

This series got better and better, just finished it tonight. Beautifully shot as well. The lead actor who played Yossarian was fantastic. Really loved Kyle Chandler as Col. Cathcart too.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
scottyturnerscurse said:
The Dexter finale lives in TV infamy.

The finala of The Americans is one of the best.

Scraped off Twitter...but with The Americans added by me.

IMDB rating of series finale.

Breaking Bad: 9.9
The Americans 9.7
Friends: 9.7
Downton Abbey: 9.3
Mad Men: 9.3
House: 9.2
Narcos: 9.2
Sopranos: 9.1
The Wire: 8.8
M*A*S*H: 8.3
Lost: 8.2
Seinfeld: 7.7
Scrubs: 6.3
Dragon Ball Z: 4.9
Dexter: 4.7
Game of Thrones: 4.4
House of Cards: 2.7

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Just heard on the radio that in the US tonight there’s 2 live to air remakes of The Jeffersons and All in the family. Never watched the Jeffersons but with Woody Harrelson as Archie Bunker that’s something I’d like to see.

Wonder if they PC Bunker or keep him the way he was.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigertim said:
Just heard on the radio that in the US tonight there’s 2 live to air remakes of The Jeffersons and All in the family. Never watched the Jeffersons but with Woody Harrelson as Archie Bunker that’s something I’d like to see.

Wonder if they PC Bunker or keep him the way he was.

Automatic failure if so. For revamped shows of the past, I keep asking the question......WHYYYYYY?