TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Chernobyl.

Best show I've seen for a long time. Dramatisation of the accident and aftermath - HBO production with predominantly British cast. Jared Harris, Emily Watson, Stellan Skarsgard.

Amazing but *smile* scary and depressing.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
antman said:
Chernobyl.

Best show I've seen for a long time. Dramatisation of the accident and aftermath - HBO production with predominantly British cast. Jared Harris, Emily Watson, Stellan Skarsgard.

Amazing but sh!t scary and depressing.
What platform Ant?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
antman said:
Chernobyl.

How can you watch this stuff?

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
scottyturnerscurse said:
Scraped off Twitter...but with The Americans added by me.

IMDB rating of series finale.

Breaking Bad: 9.9
The Americans 9.7
Friends: 9.7
Downton Abbey: 9.3
Mad Men: 9.3
House: 9.2
Narcos: 9.2
Sopranos: 9.1
The Wire: 8.8
M*A*S*H: 8.3
Lost: 8.2
Seinfeld: 7.7
Scrubs: 6.3
Dragon Ball Z: 4.9
Dexter: 4.7
Game of Thrones: 4.4
House of Cards: 2.7
Wow lost???? List is the worst finale of all time I’d give it 0.1

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
just realised that Chernobyl also stars Adam Nagaitis who did such a great job as the psychotic mutinous seaman in The Terror. I've been a big fan of Jares Harris since Mad Men and The Expanse. They dont disappoint here either.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
antman said:
Chernobyl.

Good rec. Enjoying, well, as much as one can with the subject matter. Cheers.

E

easy_tiger

Ive just gotten over a bad case of series fatigue.

All the plots merged into one,

so I read books in bed at night this year.

But tuned into 'Press' ABC ivies

just to keep mrs, easy happy last night,

and we binged it till midnight.

won't be everyones bag

But if you hate Murdoch, and want to feel smug, and a bit frightened

you'll like it I think

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
easy said:
Ive just gotten over a bad case of series fatigue.

All the plots merged into one,

so I read books in bed at night this year.

But tuned into 'Press' ABC ivies

just to keep mrs, easy happy last night,

and we binged it till midnight.

won't be everyones bag

But if you hate Murdoch, and want to feel smug, and a bit frightened

you'll like it I think

Press was good.

Wrong thread but same theme, if you're in NY, check out Ink, a stage play about Murdoch entering the UK newspaper market in the late '60s. It's superb. I saw it in both the West End and on Broadway but I think the latter version was better. Deserved Tony nominations.

E

easy_tiger

scottyturnerscurse said:
Press was good.

Wrong thread but same theme, if you're in NY, check out Ink, a stage play about Murdoch entering the UK newspaper market in the late '60s. It's superb. I saw it in both the West End and on Broadway but I think the latter version was better. Deserved Tony nominations.

Hopefully going to NY straight after the 2021 flag so hopefully its a long run?

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Been watching the latest series of The Twilight Zone. They’ve been good but lack the mystique and magic of the original series as the modern version focus too much on today’s societal issues (black lives matter, Trump, not all men, illegal immigrants) and in several episodes very little about “the twilight zone”.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigertim said:
Been watching the latest series of The Twilight Zone. They’ve been good but lack the mystique and magic of the original series as the modern version focus too much on today’s societal issues (black lives matter, Trump, not all men, illegal immigrants) and in several episodes very little about “the twilight zone”.

Which original timmy? The 80s one or the Rod Serling series in the 1950's? The latter is the only one I liked.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
TigerForce said:
Which original timmy? The 80s one or the Rod Serling series in the 1950's? The latter is the only one I liked.
The original original.