TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Not really a TV show, but a new 5 part Mike Nolan series is appearing on youtube everyday. Note: the language is what you'd expect to hear during smoko on a construction site.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Anyone caught "La casa de papel"? aka Money Heist. Spanish with subtitles but there is a dubbed version on netflix too. Engrossing.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Yes i think if i hadn't read the books i'd enjoy it more, but agree it's harmless enough fun.

I love the Les Norton books, I think I’ve read them all. As well as a few other Barrett books. I love the show, it is almost exactly as I pictured Les in the 80’s. Terrible fashion, bad jokes & puns, plenty of Aussie rhyming slang, great music and a good hearty serve of bull *smile*.

I started reading Les about 15 years ago and am absolutely rapt they have made the show. I couldn’t ask for more. Love it

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I love the Les Norton books, I think I’ve read them all. As well as a few other Barrett books. I love the show, it is almost exactly as I pictured Les in the 80’s. Terrible fashion, bad jokes & puns, plenty of Aussie rhyming slang, great music and a good hearty serve of bull ****.

I started reading Les about 15 years ago and am absolutely rapt they have made the show. I couldn’t ask for more. Love it
I've read them all too, they were great.
Wasn't sure what to make of it after the 1st episode, but having watched the next two, i'm really enjoying it.
I loved the fight in the pub on Sundays show, good old Les, he was in good form.
Looks like the boys from Binjiwunyawunya are in the next episode, i loved that book.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Yeah Tman, next week should be good. I’m hoping for a story line around The Godson. Probably the book I enjoyed the most. Have you read Davo’s little something or Ultimate Aphrodisiac? Davo’s was kind of like the precursor to Les. Super violent though, made me a bit squeamish in parts

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yeah Tman, next week should be good. I’m hoping for a story line around The Godson. Probably the book I enjoyed the most. Have you read Davo’s little something or Ultimate Aphrodisiac? Davo’s was kind of like the precursor to Les. Super violent though, made me a bit squeamish in parts
Sorry tbartiger i just noticed your post, yes i read Davo's little Something, i preferred the Les Norton books. Yes i'm sure the Godson will get a run.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Sorry tbartiger i just noticed your post, yes i read Davo's little Something, i preferred the Les Norton books. Yes i'm sure the Godson will get a run.
All good mate, I just noticed yours .
Yeah I do agree on Davo, but as I say it’s seems like a test run for the Norton books, style wise.
Haven’t caught the latest episode yet, will fire the old iview up in the next couple of days and report in .

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
All good mate, I just noticed yours .
Yeah I do agree on Davo, but as I say it’s seems like a test run for the Norton books, style wise.
Haven’t caught the latest episode yet, will fire the old iview up in the next couple of days and report in .
Cheers tb, i'm sure you'll enjoy it, i certainly did.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
The Hunting, on SBS. Intriguing as it deals with a topic I never had to when I was a kid. Sexting and Cyber sex.

Fascinating stuff. While I don't get why young folk are comfortable circulating nudie pics, I suspect they're not gonna stop any time soon.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I binged The Spy with Sasha Baron Cohen. A couple of eps were slow but a great series. True story too.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah, I was close to giving up but I think it’s worth persevering, gets better.

will do TT. The period drama aspects are good, love the clothes and cars etc.

Another good one I watched recently was Mindhunter, about the early days of the FBI's serial killer profiling program. I didn't want to like it as I consider most of that psych approach as *smile* - even though its the basis of a heap of detective/serial killer films and TV that I love. However the characters are great, the acting is good and the writing is mostly spot on- straight laced FBI guys and gals dealing with the minds of nasty serial killers through interviews while solving the odd crime along the way. All based on real events and killers. The Aussie actor Damon Herriman does an amazing job as Charlie Manson - also played Manson in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

He seriously steals the show in the one episode he appears in.

19-damon-herriman-manson.w700.h467.jpg

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
I'm watching True Detective season 3 at the moment and its the best thing I've seen on TV this year.

Reactions: 1 user