TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Just watched Roadkill on iview and enjoyed it a lot. The script and acting are fantastic although the plot is a bit far fetched.
I thought it started well but lost its way. Petered out to a pretty lame ending. Overall I thought it was disappointing.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Check out the first episode of Home Game (profiles unique and dangerous traditional sports from around the world, as well as the communities and cultures where they thrive) on Netflix about Calcio Storico played in Florence, Italy. The most violent ball sport on the planet. Just awesome!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Watching the UK drama Years & Years on SBS. Follows a British family over the next 15 years & what the future may look like.
Not the best I've seen lately but an interesting show.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watched Louis Therouxs 3 parter where he caught up with some of the participants of years gone by. I loved it but was disappointed he didn’t catch up with Lake Palmer.

One of the interesting ones was where he caught up with a far right winger who he interviewed back in 1998. Back then this guy was claiming that old chestnut “the New World Order“ was going to take over by 2000.

so now in 2020 Louis asked him if he still believed it. He did but now it won’t happen in his lifetime (he’s 70 something ) but in his kids or grandkids lifetime. Of course it will....

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Watched a couple of "All or Nothing" shows on Prime again. Following City and Spurs around for a season is bloody interesting. Has me following both over the next few weeks. I wish the proposed Amazon AFL doco was going to be in that format but unfortunately it looks like it will only focus on individuals not the club. In our case it will be Peggy. An All or Nothing on our 2017 season would've been something to behold.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Don't watch a lot of TV series, but Ted Lasso on Apple is a corker. Had Leysy in stitches!!!

About a yank that goes to UK and manages an English premier league team called Richmond FC no less.

Bit of Dimma about the mgr and his personal touch as well ha!!

do yourself a favour a take a look!!

Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Don't watch a lot of TV series, but Ted Lasso on Apple is a corker. Had Leysy in stitches!!!

About a yank that goes to UK and manages an English premier league team called Richmond FC no less.

Yes it's very good. Has been renewed for more seasons.

Reactions: 1 user

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006

Watched this today. Great show. Thanks for the rec.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
The Serpent on BBC Prime was great.

Anyone who has lived or travelled through Thailand, India and the hippie trail will get some extra appreciation. The series may be set in the ‘70s but the type of characters haven’t changed much.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Cry Wolf on SBS on Demand is great. Scandanavian drama on whether a 14 year girl has been subjected to domestive abuse by her stepfather following her submitting an essay on the topic at school.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Just found this thread. 100% agree on Ted lasso. I tried one episode by accident and you can all guess what happened. Good mix of some sport, comedy and real life type issues mixed in with that quirky ned Flanders type outward happiness of the coach.

I enjoyed ‘the boys’ on Amazon prime- it’s a bit of blood gore and sex but I like the theme of superheroes working for a Corp and the PR BS being totally different to reality.

also Lupin that just came out on Netflix is pretty good.

like others I’ve watched some of the sport ones on Amazon prime and enjoyed the test as well as the Tottenham hotspur one.

enjoy the Ricky Gervais stuff (afterlife / Derek etc) as has a similar mix to lasso with dealing with real issues but wrapped with comedy. Not quite at same level as lasso though.

Reactions: 1 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

cheers mate, watched season 1 yesterday on the couch, laughed a lot & even got misty @ 1 stage.

Loved it