TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Stephen King's 'Mr Mercedes' starring Brendan Gleeson on SBS is good.

First season was good. Went downhill rapidly from there

Reactions: 1 user

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Did they run out of source material - that is usually what happens.
I think each season of Mr Mercedes is based on a Stephen King book trilogy, so the material is there, maybe the second book wasn't as good as the first?

Enjoyed the first season (and the book) but haven't seen the second yet

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I know a lot of people loved it, but the recent S King adaptation (The Outsider) really stank IMO. Started great, then was just a endless series of car journeys in that boring flat terrain in Georgia.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I know a lot of people loved it, but the recent S King adaptation (The Outsider) really stank IMO. Started great, then was just a endless series of car journeys in that boring flat terrain in Georgia.
I watched the first 2 episodes and gave up.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I was looking forward to The Outsider, but it was really hard viewing after the first couple

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Just finished watching 3 seasons of "Follow the Money" on SBS on Demand. Damn good. As they describe it: "Compelling Danish drama series set in the world of economic crime in the banks, on the stock exchanges, and in the boardrooms".

Recommend.

Reactions: 2 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Mr Inbetween
Just finished binging on seasons 1 & 2 on Foxtel. Was very good the first time around, excellent on 2nd viewing. Now onto season 3. Debating whether to watch episodes as they come on or wait and binge again.
My only criticism of the show is the short length of the episodes

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Just finished binging on seasons 1 & 2 on Foxtel. Was very good the first time around, excellent on 2nd viewing. Now onto season 3. Debating whether to watch episodes as they come on or wait and binge again.
Loved Season 1. Very original show. Season 3 has started well, interested to see where it goes.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Loved Season 1. Very original show. Season 3 has started well, interested to see where it goes.
I love it too. I rewatched series 1 & 2 in preparation for series 3 & found it even better the second time around. It certainly creates a sense of dread and Matt Nable is always good. I till think about that scene of the secret santa.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Have now switched to 'Alone' on SBS.
Premise is Survivor with real survivor experts.
10 men dropped into a brutal wilderness (complete with predators) with nothing except ten tools and must find their own food.
One by one they tap out in the quest for 500k.
Can be riveting viewing.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I love it too. I rewatched series 1 & 2 in preparation for series 3 & found it even better the second time around. It certainly creates a sense of dread and Matt Nable is always good. I till think about that scene of the secret santa.
Love Mr Inbetween. Reminds me in some ways of Rake, which I and my wife are watching in Netflix and thoroughly enjoying.