TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It was OK. But ranks midfield in equivalent TV series of the past few years. Defending Jacob; which is similar, was far better.
I think Winslet's performance elevates Mare higher than the rest of it maybe. Will check out the one you mentioned Scotty

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Guy Pearce turned up and did nothing lol
There was a great little sketch on twitter with Pearce's agent selling him the gig on a show on which he added zero. Bit like Scotty, thought it was pretty good but not great with the usual plot holes creating some annoyance.

It was OK. But ranks midfield in equivalent TV series of the past few years. Defending Jacob; which is similar, was far better.
Where can we watch that Scotty?

Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Don't read this thread much as don't have the attention span for much TV.....lol!!

But into one ATM (Still nowhere near the greatest of all - Ted Lasso) but gripping none the less.

Line of Duty - Anyone else watched/into?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watched the Port Adelaide doco on Stan. Watchable enough. Starts as as a timeline doco on the club then switched to focussing on season 2020. Was good to watch the Tigers ruin their season again.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Show on Prime-Loudermilk about a recovering alcoholic who runs a support group for addicts.

Sounds depressive, but is hilarious.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Just finished watching The Kiminsky Method on Netflix. ... thought I'd hate it... really loved it.
Oh was going to mention that, it's pretty good! Premise is an older actor (Michael Douglas) who runs an acting school and his friend and agent (the great Alan Arkin) hang out, wisecrack at each other and do stuff.

For reasons I won't spoil here I loved the first two seasons, gave up on the third.

PS it's Kominsky for those trying to find it ;-)

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Looking for a tv show during this lockdown in shitty weather. Anyone tried Start Up? On Netflix.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If you want something light without any deep or meaningful message, try Lucifer

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Don't read this thread much as don't have the attention span for much TV.....lol!!

But into one ATM (Still nowhere near the greatest of all - Ted Lasso) but gripping none the less.

Line of Duty - Anyone else watched/into?
Good to hear Boozy Ways. I reckon Line of Duty is sensational; one of the best cop shows I've seen. I binged seasons 1-5 of Netflix and was eagerly awaiting the release of season 6 this year only to find it is now on some piddly bloody streaming service called Britbox :mad: . FFS how many streaming services are you supposed to have. That is *smile*.

Anyway on which of the 400 streaming services do I find Ted Lasso?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Good to hear Boozy Ways. I reckon Line of Duty is sensational; one of the best cop shows I've seen. I binged seasons 1-5 of Netflix and was eagerly awaiting the release of season 6 this year only to find it is now on some piddly bloody streaming service called Britbox :mad: . FFS how many streaming services are you supposed to have. That is *smile*.

Anyway on which of the 400 streaming services do I find Ted Lasso?
Get Cinema HD app and you can watch all of them.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
If you want something light without any deep or meaningful message, try Lucifer
Watched a fair bit of it - low brow show that actually seems to lose its way 4 or 5 series in.

This Way Up on Stan is a short English/Irish dramedy series that is worth a watch IMO. I'll be watching the finale of Love on the Spectrum tonight which is certainly feel good TV but might be a touch voyeuristic.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The Good Doctor is an easy binge, think Rainman if he was a brilliant surgeon.