TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The Good Doctor is an easy binge, think Rainman if he was a brilliant surgeon.
or think Love on the Spectrum where finding a partner is a bit harder than performing open heart surgery

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I just watched the first 2 eps of Start Up and it didn’t grab me. Was more a crime show. Haven’t tried Lupin yet.
This is how they describe it. ..... not for everyone. ... subtitles btw!

A retelling of the classic French story about Arsène Lupin, the world-famous gentleman thief and master of disguise.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
'Love of the Spectrum' on ABC iview about young people with autism looking for love was very different & quite emotional. I liked it.
Seen both seasons. Bit of a disappointing finish with Mark & that chic (forgot her name) not wanting to go further. Also, funny guy Mike not wanting to continue with Rachel.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Seen both seasons. Bit of a disappointing finish with Mark & that chic (forgot her name) not wanting to go further. Also, funny guy Mike not wanting to continue with Rachel.
Spoiler alert….

• Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Been watching replay of Inspector George Gently on 7TWO finishing yesterday. Great series (as the British always are). Loved Lee Ingleby's character with that a-hole attitude as Gently's assistant.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
All this Ted Lasso talk has me re-bingeing. He just hit tbe bull's-eye.

The Diamond Goddamn Dogs.

Last edited:

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Good to hear Boozy Ways. I reckon Line of Duty is sensational; one of the best cop shows I've seen. I binged seasons 1-5 of Netflix and was eagerly awaiting the release of season 6 this year only to find it is now on some piddly bloody streaming service called Britbox :mad: . FFS how many streaming services are you supposed to have. That is *smile*.

Anyway on which of the 400 streaming services do I find Ted Lasso?

Yes tis a ripper mate. yes need to figure out how to get via Britbox or wherever.

As others mentioned Ted is on Apple. Can cancel within 7 days if you remember ha!

Worth it! *smile* Funny!!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
one of the best TV shows is Mr Inbetween but the episodes are too short.

Last edited:

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
I thought I read about it here but I’ve been enjoying ‘still game’. It’s Scottish BBC and I’ve had to put on subtitles to understand all the oots and aes And Wikipedia for words like doolally. Deals with old age - health issues / death approaching / friends dying / being a pensioner etc in a British humor way. It’s on Netflix and grows on you / good for a quick chuckle. It two ronnies vintage so certainly wouldnt pass the PC standards of today with the various stereotypical roles. Been good for lockdown Four or whatever we are up to. I’m about 20 episodes in.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Orphan Black pretty good , got a bitover umm convulated in later seasons but still pretty satisfying..
Tatiana amazing playing all those different roles , kept having to tell myself it was was the same actress...

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Have been enjoying the thought provoking, Australian mini series Stateless on Netflix starring Yvonne Strahovski & Cate Blanchett.
Based on a true story, it's not the easiest subject matter about the plight of refugees in detention in Australia but it's an insight to a world I know little about which always makes for good watch.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Just finished watching this.

Thought it got a bit too busy for it's own good and couldn't manage all the storylines it had, but overall enjoyed it.
Production values great. Really liked the extension of the Nazi technology. Rufus Sewell amazing, really liked the main female character as well. The collaborator (guy who sold Americana to the Japanese) is also good.

The PK *smile* book is very good and very short - just outlines the key concepts - the TV show really extends it into strange directions.

The loss of the key character at the start of the last season as the actor had other commitments really hurt the show as he was the moral centre.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just finished watching "When Eagles Dare" series on Amazon which is about 4 fans buying Crystal Palace FC and saving them from going under. .... never realised our former Socceroo capt Mile Jedinak was also instrumental in the outcome. .. Great watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users