TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Additional Jordan footage. Excellent interview. He really opens up. & gives good insight into his mentality.
Came across this article by Caitlin Shea who's the exec producer...

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
OK, after a shocking start, S02E04 of Ted Lasso is better.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Just watched e6. Some improvement, hopefully some more game stuff is coming, the character studies of the first 5 eps has been OK, but not what won me over in S1.
I think we're both wrong. Yesterday's episode was 5, not 4 or 6.

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Just watched episode 1 of The Kings, a four-part ESPN doco on The Four Kings (Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvellous Marvin Hagler, Thomas The Hit Man Hearns and Roberto Duran, The Hands of Stone). One of boxing's great eras and amazing to have four all-time greats all fight each other for world titles. If you're a fan of boxing - especially this era - or a student of history, give it a watch. Gives insight into the socio-political climate of the time too. @lamb22 @Scoop I know you'd be right into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Watched a bit of good ol Ray Shoesmith the other day, now it’s probably a question for our very stiff not to win a Logie Tigertim , however for such a short show there’s a lot of “dead time “ long pauses, however it works bloody well

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Watched a bit of good ol Ray Shoesmith the other day, now it’s probably a question for our very stiff not to win a Logie Tigertim , however for such a short show there’s a lot of “dead time “ long pauses, however it works bloody well
Thanks Martin Scorsese.

• Haha

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Building tension, adding atmosphere, couldn’t think of enough dialogue.

• Haha

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
“Dead time “ in a show about a hitman. Well done sir :))

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Finally watched the Christmas Ted Lasso and nearly vomited, boy is that show dire now. One last chance for you Mr Ted Lasso

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Finally watched the Christmas Ted Lasso and nearly vomited, boy is that show dire now. One last chance for you Mr Ted Lasso
My monthly subscription has run out, I only subscribe to Apple TV when there’s enough quantity to warrant watching and paying. I did last month to watch Ted and Schmigadoon but won’t subscribe again til there’s enough again. Maybe Morning Wars S2.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
My monthly subscription has run out, I only subscribe to Apple TV when there’s enough quantity to warrant watching and paying. I did last month to watch Ted and Schmigadoon but won’t subscribe again til there’s enough again. Maybe Morning Wars S2.
Man after my own heart. I’m like Netflix for two to three months, one month of Disney plus, one month of stan, one to two months of Amazon prime then apple then repeat.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
The Newsreader, new series on ABC. One of the best Aussie shows in years. Set in 80's which makes it even better.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Tried White Lotus on Binge. Didn’t grab me.

Now trying a 4 part doco called The Lady and the Dale about a transsexual women in the states in the 70s who started a car manufacturing company making lightweight 3 wheeler low petrol consuming cars! And yes, it’s a true story!

Oh, loved The White Lotus! It's only a six parter, so not a huge commitment. Essentially about a high end hotel in Hawaii, assortment of neurotic guests and overworked and much put-upon staff.

The Australian on/off the wagon hotel manager (Murray Bartlett) was great in his battles with the demanding honeymooning husband, but the whole cast is good. The woke yet spoiled teenage daughter and her BFF who tagged along in the trip are exasperating yet hilarious. Also Jennifer Coolidge (Stiffler's mom) is great as an alcoholic, older, extremely neurotic woman looking for ... something. Did I mention nearly all the guests are neurotic?

It's a dark comedy with some sad bits thrown in. Makes good points about wealth, privilege and those who are paid to provide services to those with wealth and privilege.