TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but Vigil on Foxtel is absolutely gripping. Topical too considering the nuclear submarine discussion.

I'm two episodes in and I think I'll binge the rest tonight.
Watched it. Needed subtitles. Was good-ish.

Would like to comment more but it would involve spoilers.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Goliath
Stars Billy Bob Thornton as a former high flying lawyer, now down but not out. With Nina Arianda as Patty (excellent)
Series on Amazon Prime. Good viewing.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Goliath
Stars Billy Bob Thornton as a former high flying lawyer, now down but not out. With Nina Arianda as Patty (excellent)
Yeah @Willo .... I agree. ... watched the whole lot in lockdown #2.... or was that #3..? Great series!

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Goliath

Tried season 1 but didn't like season 2... heard season 3 was better.

Reactions: 1 user

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Goliath
Watched first 3 seasons, believe there's a new one starting/about to start?
First series was great, Billy Bob brilliant.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Dave. About a nerdy, white, Jewish, wannabe rapper (Lil Dicky, for anyone familiar). Freakin brilliant.
Just finished bingeing season 2. Love this show. The guy's a seriously good rapper, it's funny, but the best bits are the heart. There's a lot of heart. Beautiful. heart-wrenching stuff. Dave Burd is a genius.

Oh, and Succession resumes in fine form.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Just finished bingeing season 2. Love this show. The guy's a seriously good rapper, it's funny, but the best bits are the heart. There's a lot of heart. Beautiful. heart-wrenching stuff. Dave Burd is a genius.

Oh, and Succession resumes in fine form.

Dave is hip-hop Ted Lasso.

• Wow

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Just watched the last 3 eps and loved it....
Having not read the book I'd appreciate a critique, one v the other if you get the chance sometime @Ridley :)
Just finished The Chestnut Man last night. Thought it was outstanding. Both my wife and I thought it was a very accurate adaptation of the book. It's the best and most accurate adaptation of a book to a TV series or movie that I can recall.

Given that, if you seen the TV series but have not yet read the book it's probably not worth doing so as pretty well everything is covered in the TV series.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just finished The Chestnut Man last night. Thought it was outstanding. Both my wife and I thought it was a very accurate adaptation of the book. It's the best and most accurate adaptation of a book to a TV series or movie that I can recall.

Given that, if you seen the TV series but have not yet read the book it's probably not worth doing so as pretty well everything is covered in the TV series.
Thanks @Ridley ...... appreciate the critique. They make a bloody good drama(y)

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Goliath
Started S4 today, the dream sequences are a bit much, but the rest of the story is brilliant.