TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Watched the first 3 episodes of '1883', as a Western fan, really enjoyed it so far.
Sam Elliott is excellent as the hard arse wagon train leader, but it's a great ensemble cast.
Prequal to Yellowstone. Not bad old style Western without too many cute bits and devoid of politcal correctness

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
How many sickening, overly-repetitive Tom Brady ads with that c-rap tune have you encountered so far on that channel?
They produce a new ad every 4 weeks and then proceed to smash the absolute *smile* out of it every 3 minutes before a new one gets airplay. Rinse and repeat …rinse and repeat.

At one stage that **** Sprite ad a few months ago must have got 200 airings a day.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
They produce a new ad every 4 weeks and then proceed to smash the absolute *smile* out of it every 3 minutes before a new one gets airplay. Rinse and repeat …rinse and repeat.

At one stage that **** Sprite ad a few months ago must have got 200 airings a day.
Love it when Chris 'Boomer' Berman is on

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Prequal to Yellowstone. Not bad old style Western without too many cute bits and devoid of politcal correctness
I really liked 'Deadwood', and watched 'Hell On Wheels' earlier this year, this is similar, haven't watched any of 'Yellowstone'.
The character development in the first few episodes has been pretty good.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I really liked 'Deadwood', and watched 'Hell On Wheels' earlier this year, this is similar, haven't watched any of 'Yellowstone'.
The character development in the first few episodes has been pretty good.
Yellowstone is a bit like a western Sopranos. I don't mind it.

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
Iview, starring Aaron Pederson
I'd recommend watching the film 'Mystery Road' first to get some of the background to the character but that doesn't seem to be available at the moment. The second film, 'Goldstone' isn't quite as good but is well worth a watch and is available on iView and will give a bit of background too.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Framed on SBS was mildly interesting but even though it only went foot 4 episodes it was 1 and a half too many, really dragged it out. About the theft of Picassos Weeping Woman painting from the National gallery of Victoria back in '86.

Reactions: 2 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
New show on Foxtel ‘Love Me’. Best Aussie thing in ages. Hugo Weaving is world class at his craft

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Station Eleven on Stan.

Be warned, it's based on a 2014 novel about a global pandemic, so it might cut a bit close to the bone for some people right now. But it's surprisingly warm and human, despite having moments of great sadness and shock. I've seen the first five eps, there will be ten.

Superb - best thing I've seen this year. For me, better than the White Lotus and even Succession S03, even Mr Inbetween pharken.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Station Eleven on Stan.

Be warned, it's based on a 2014 novel about a global pandemic, so it might cut a bit close to the bone for some people right now. But it's surprisingly warm and human, despite having moments of great sadness and shock. I've seen the first five eps, there will be ten.

Superb - best thing I've seen this year. For me, better than the White Lotus and even Succession S03, even Mr Inbetween pharken.

I tried watching it, managed 5 episodes then stopped. Just cant get into it at all.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
How many sickening, overly-repetitive Tom Brady ads with that c-rap tune have you encountered so far on that channel?

You should never ever watch any show like that on Foxtel other than by recording it and zapping through the ads as you watch it later.

Every sports discussion program or even things like The Golf Show or docos or even watching old repeats or whatever

I’ve had Foxtel for years and I hate that I have to do that - but that’s my way of coping with their crap.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
You should never ever watch any show like that on Foxtel other than by recording it and zapping through the ads as you watch it later.

Every sports discussion program or even things like The Golf Show or docos or even watching old repeats or whatever

I’ve had Foxtel for years and I hate that I have to do that - but that’s my way of coping with their crap.
Yeah I record some live games (mainly the Steelers) and watch later, but not when I'm just watching a college game in the background while doing something else. Just saying, this Tom Brady ad is way too repetitive.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I've just discovered Future Man (Binge, sbs on demand). Funny, clever, silly, sci-fi/time travel action with a great cast and writing. It ran 2017-20 but I'd never heard of it. Get on it.