TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Will let you know how it goes, but though they had a great chance to end it with Axe being handed his Swiss passport.

The Great is very good. Very funny all the way through.

Season 3 of After Life has arrived but haven't touched it yet. I hope it lives up to the first two seasons.
Ive watched 3 eps of Afterlife, still as good as ever.

Reactions: 4 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Season 3 of After Life has arrived but haven't touched it yet. I hope it lives up to the first two seasons.

Watched After Life until a few eps into season 2. Just found the psychiatrist character so cringe worthy. I know that was probably the intent but Gervais overdid it with the crassness where it looked like he was trying too hard for the viewership to dislike him. Shame, because the rest of the show was really good.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Season 6 of Better Call Saul due in 'first quarter of 2022', looking forward to that, and the Jack Reacher series starts on Feb 4th, will be checking that out.
Second part of S.11 of The Walking Dead also returns late Feb, suddenly a glut of stuff to watch.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
S4 of Ozark has started. Glad they did the recap as it’s been so long (well, felt long) since I’d watched S3. S4 same quality as previous seasons. I’m never visiting the Ozark, fair chance I’ll be shot.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Watched After Life until a few eps into season 2. Just found the psychiatrist character so cringe worthy. I know that was probably the intent but Gervais overdid it with the crassness where it looked like he was trying too hard for the viewership to dislike him. Shame, because the rest of the show was really good.
The psychiatrist is not in series 3.

Afterlife is pretty good but probably also a tad over-rated. Dips into full on schmaltz in Series 3.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The psychiatrist is not in series 3.

Afterlife is pretty good but probably also a tad over-rated. Dips into full on schmaltz in Series 3.

Yeah, managed to watch it in one sitting last night. Won't bother if there is a season 4

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah, managed to watch it in one sitting last night. Won't bother if there is a season 4
He's already said no. It was unusual for him to make a series 3. Not sure what happened but Gervais is missing Stephen Merchant i reckon

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Ozarks. Outrageously good TV.

Yeah, it's as good as the previous seasons in terms of objective quality but I'm kinda over it... the cartel/FBI stuff seems a bit ludicrous, and I'm over the mum flipping out and the dad being the reasonable dad all the time. On the plus side the redneck chick is as great as always, the kids are really developing into good actors.

My kid put me onto a good show on netflix, Archive 81 - sort of found footage horror mixed with present day plus flashbacks. Video/film restorer guy gets a mysterious job to restore video footage taken by a PhD student doing an oral history of an apartment building in New York that subsequently was destroyed by fire killing many. Only watched one episode but so far very good.

Also a trashy yet good horror comedy on Netflix Brand New Cherry Flavor, might have mentioned it before. Mid 90s era, budding female director goes to hollywood to make it big, gets hit on by the sleazy producer, meets a local witch and seeks revenge - hilarious stuff, which just manages to not get too stupid.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ozark lost me towards the end of S03. Watched the S4 Ep1 last night and realised all the characters still annoy me. Euphoria is under rated, very good show.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Watched ep 1 of Archive 81 and won’t be going any further. Dull.