TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I’m currently watching “Joe Pickett” on Paramount+. Season 1 has 10 episodes.

Based on the books by CJ Box. Good show, great adaptation.
(Somebody suggested the series on the Reading thread. I’ve read all the books and enjoyed them.)

The title character is a Game Warden in Wyoming. He’s a stubborn bloke who gets caught up in a variety of difficult situations.
Good acting by NZer Michael Dorman as Joe and Julianna Guill as Mary Beth, his wife.
Some nice scenic views. Animals, kids and baddies.
Season 2 is confirmed.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

(Somebody suggested the series on the Reading thread. I’ve read all the books and enjoyed them.)

The title character is a Game Warden in Wyoming. He’s a stubborn bloke who gets caught up in a variety of difficult situations.
Good acting by NZer Michael Dorman as Joe and Julianna Guill as Mary Beth, his wife.
Season 2 is confirmed.
I've said it before but if you like Dorman check out Patriot on Prime.

Reactions: 1 user

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

Season 2 is confirmed.
I've read all the books, love the characters, got halfway through episode 1, and wasn't thrilled.
But based on this, I'll give it another go.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I've read all the books, love the characters, got halfway through episode 1, and wasn't thrilled.
But based on this, I'll give it another go.
I thought it was you who recommended the books bigwow, but wasn’t sure.
I’m up to episode 7 and enjoying it. (But maybe it’s just a personal preference)

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I thought it was you who recommended the books bigwow, but wasn’t sure.
I’m up to episode 7 and enjoying it. (But maybe it’s just a personal preference)
I may have, don't recall. I'll give the show another look, The Walking Dead is just about finished for a bit, so my Mondays will be free.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Its been a while between drinks, but the new season (3) of Atlanta has started off in very fine form. One of the best things on TV.
Based in Europe this series - Paper Boi on tour

SBS Viceland/SBS On Demand

Reactions: 1 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I just watched all the seasons (4) of Rectify. It's about a 18 yo from a small US town who is sentenced to death for the rape and murder of a girl. After 20 years on death row he is released due to DNA analysis and returns to the town. It's very slow paced and intense. Probably the best study of trauma I have seen in a show. The series has a very different vibe to most shows and I loved it-although I have slightly weird tastes at times.

• Love

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Its been a while between drinks, but the new season (3) of Atlanta has started off in very fine form. One of the best things on TV.
Based in Europe this series - Paper Boi on tour

SBS Viceland/SBS On Demand

Yep, only watched the first ep, but it was great. Even though none of the regular characters feature except a brief appearance by Glover at the end, so classic trolling to make us wait three years and then not see any of them.

Minor spoilers for ep 1 below

Apparently the "three slaps" story in the first ep was based on a real case (Hart family killings in 2018) and the black town drowned under the lake was Oscarville in Georgia, now Lake Lanier.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Yep, only watched the first ep, but it was great. Even though none of the regular characters feature except a brief appearance by Glover at the end, so classic trolling to make us wait three years and then not see any of them.
yeah, looks like they're doing a few stand alone eps.
Ep 2 and 3 have the main cast on tour with Paper Boi in Europe, and then ep 4 is about the flow on affects of a descendant of a slave winning a court case for damages against the rich descendant of a slave owner.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I just watched all the seasons (4) of Rectify. It's about a 18 yo from a small US town who is sentenced to death for the rape and murder of a girl. After 20 years on death row he is released due to DNA analysis and returns to the town. It's very slow paced and intense. Probably the best study of trauma I have seen in a show. The series has a very different vibe to most shows and I loved it-although I have slightly weird tastes at times.

If you have weird tastes then I'll probably enjoy it too. Will check it out.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Can’t wait for The Offer (about the making of the Godfather) that starts next week.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005