TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just started watching the entire NYPD Blue series' again, starting with episode 1, Series 1 from 1993.

HD, Dolby enhanced. Sensational.

Ole Sipowicz. Dunno if he'd last too long in today's woke world.
Old ones are the best. Been watching Insp Lynley, Insp Morse, George Gently, Lewis for last 2 years and nearly finished with Dalziel & Pascoe. Currently just started on Jack Frost (who eats too much....)

British is the best. I can't get hooked on Yank stuff.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
Old ones are the best. Been watching Insp Lynley, Insp Morse, George Gently, Lewis for last 2 years and nearly finished with Dalziel & Pascoe. Currently just started on Jack Frost (who eats too much....)

British is the best. I can't get hooked on Yank stuff.
You're not wrong TF. Always enjoyed A Touch Of Frost. I used to really enjoy The Bill for years too.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I just started watching it again two weeks ago. Sipowicz never get's old haha. I always wondered why David Caruso (Kelly) left so abruptly. Did he get pinched for CSI at that time?
I think David Caruso was a very difficult person to deal with and Bochco had had enough of him and was happy to see him go as much as anything.

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
I think David Caruso was a very difficult person to deal with and Bochco had had enough of him and was happy to see him go as much as anything.
I had no idea about that, interesting. I would think Bochco had a bit of clout back then. Speaking of Bochco, were you a fan of Hill Street Blues as well?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I never watched any of those cop shows, in fact I watched my first (and only) episodes of CSI and Law and Order last week (as they both did episodes of a case that my wife was interested in so we watched each shows version) . Cop shows do nothing for me.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I had no idea about that, interesting. I would think Bochco had a bit of clout back then. Speaking of Bochco, were you a fan of Hill Street Blues as well?
Yeah Caruso was legendary for being a complete diva on both NYPD and CSI Miami. He's funny Caruso...the total over acting and over dramatic schmoltz he used on CSI was very funny. I think he ended up using the criticism to do it even more and make the character (Horatio Caine) sort of synonymous with it.

I love Hill Street Blues and am watching those series' concurrently with NYPD Blue. Love the theme music of both shows. Awesome.

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
Yeah Caruso was legendary for being a complete diva on both NYPD and CSI Miami. He's funny Caruso...the total over acting and over dramatic schmoltz he used on CSI was very funny. I think he ended up using the criticism to do it even more and make the character (Horatio Caine) sort of synonymous with it.

I love Hill Street Blues and am watching those series' concurrently with NYPD Blue. Love the theme music of both shows. Awesome.
Yeah, I've been watching HSB too and trying, unsuccessfully, to get my wife to. She loves NYPD but hasn't quite taken too HSB, but we've only watched the first two episodes. I didn't realise that Denis Franz played two different characters on HSB until just recently.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah, I've been watching HSB too and trying, unsuccessfully, to get my wife to. She loves NYPD but hasn't quite taken too HSB, but we've only watched the first two episodes. I didn't realise that Denis Franz played two different characters on HSB until just recently.
HSB gets better (as many series do) in the second and third seasons. Veronica Hamel. Yes siiiiirrrrrr.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Haha. When Bochco married one of the female actors from the show, he picked the wrong one :LOL:.
Forgot to mention, in the first episode of NYPD Blue Sipowicz gets shot in the ass !!! Check it out.

The first episode is actually pretty good and you can see how it might go on to be a smash hit. Quite racy too - some hot scenes. Must have got told to turn it down a bit after that.

Great street and location scenes in NYPD Blue too. Law and Order is good like that as well.

1652429039424.jpeg

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
As a passionate NBA fan (and Magic Johnson, Larry Bird disciple) Showtime is absolute horse dung.

Never had higher hopes for a storyline and been disappointed more.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
As a passionate NBA fan (and Magic Johnson, Larry Bird disciple) Showtime is absolute horse dung.

Never had higher hopes for a storyline and been disappointed more.
The promos looked sht. Hope Jerry West successfully sues the guts out of them too.

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
I was laughing the other day when Don't Argue in the Bigoa Nyuon thread quipped " I Hope Biggy Rat brings his pistols". Is it me being nostalgic or were the Sat morning cartoons in the 60s and 70s awesome?

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
If you are a lord of the rings / game of thrones fan then Wheel of Time on Amazon prime is a must at $7 or whatever it is for a months subscription. (Plus free shipping on most of your Amazon purchases)

Have to say I really like the x-ray feature on prime which lets you look at a lot of background info on both the story and the cast etc.

While you are there, upload season 2 not as good as season 1 but still an enjoyable exploration of immortality (albeit capitalistic pay as you go immortality) via the cloud.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
If you are a lord of the rings / game of thrones fan then Wheel of Time on Amazon prime is a must at $7 or whatever it is for a months subscription. (Plus free shipping on most of your Amazon purchases)

Have to say I really like the x-ray feature on prime which lets you look at a lot of background info on both the story and the cast etc.

While you are there, upload season 2 not as good as season 1 but still an enjoyable exploration of immortality (albeit capitalistic pay as you go immortality) via the cloud.
I think it is about $55 for the year, with other Amazon benefits included.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
I think it is about $55 for the year, with other Amazon benefits included.
Yeah I’m either frugal or a tight arse depending how you look at it.

I can only watch one show at a time so I have just one service at a time and catch up when I get back to it. Basically get Stan/Netflix/Amazon/apple/Disney/binge for $120/year.

They say the ability to delay gratification is what separates humans from the animals… (us tigers were well trained in this regard)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I was laughing the other day when Don't Argue in the Bigoa Nyuon thread quipped " I Hope Biggy Rat brings his pistols". Is it me being nostalgic or were the Sat morning cartoons in the 60s and 70s awesome?
Yep. Everything politically correct, woke n sanitized within an inch of it's life these days. The old studios would all get shut down n locked up if they tried to produce anything like that these days.