TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
We Own This City has wrapped up, slow burn and not to everyone's taste I guess. Based on real events and real call intercept transcripts, freaking unbelievable what happened in Baltimore in terms of the war on drugs generally but also in what this squad got up to. Without spoiling too much the ending for of the people involved is devastating.

Recommended.

Yeah an enthralling series - loved it all

And how about the Wayne Jenkins character (as portrayed) - such an arrogant and dominating bloke - and an *smile*.

Some other great characters too such as the FBI sheila and also Sean Suiter.

For anyone interested - there is a BBC podcast series called Bad Cops which covers the story too. And the real Jenkins is interviewed and tries to play down the extent of the crimes i.e. especially the amounts of money and drugs. And he reckons the pharmacy haul from the looter didn’t happen at all. Then again he’s doing 25 years and that’s what you’d expect him to say.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah an enthralling series - loved it all

And how about the Wayne Jenkins character (as portrayed) - such an arrogant and dominating bloke - and an *smile*.

Some other great characters too such as the FBI sheila and also Sean Suiter.

For anyone interested - there is a BBC podcast series called Bad Cops which covers the story too. And the real Jenkins is interviewed and tries to play down the extent of the crimes i.e. especially the amounts of money and drugs. And he reckons the pharmacy haul from the looter didn’t happen at all. Then again he’s doing 25 years and that’s what you’d expect him to say.

There's also a good doco on Sean Suiter called The Slow Hustle - takes almost the opposite line than what the show takes about what happened, but does present both sides.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Great to see the ABC televise old Parkinson in Australia shows from somewhere in their archives. These go back to 1979 and love hearing the PC-free interviews. Just watched last night's one with Bob Hawke titled as 'leader of the ACTU'.....later to be our PM. Also a classic with Jim Fingleton and his funny stories. Amazing when looking back.

Last edited:

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Yeah, it's been ok without being outstanding.
The John Lydon & Sid Vicious stuff has been done to death. I like the different perspective.
I was a kid during the punk explosion in the 70's, still a Siouxsie fan, and it's good to see the peripheral players in the scene.

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Ghost

Tiger Superstar
Nov 19, 2010
Your mums house
The John Lydon & Sid Vicious stuff has been done to death. I like the different perspective.
I was a kid during the punk explosion in the 70's, still a Siouxsie fan, and it's good to see the peripheral players in the scene.
I really enjoyed it, they nailed the actor of John Lydon. Sydney Chandler who played Chrissy Hynde was easy on the eye especially in her scenes with Steve Jones! Elon Musks ex Talulah Riley was pretty good too.

I'm up to date with Obi-Wan-Kenobi and think its brilliant, better then the last 3 Start Wars movies Disney made and the best of the Star Wars spin offs.

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
John McKay. What a guitarist he was! And not forgetting John McGeoch. Wow!

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Another great season of Barry , that finale was intense to say the least.
can’t wait for s4 to see where they go

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I really enjoyed it, they nailed the actor of John Lydon. Sydney Chandler who played Chrissy Hynde was easy on the eye especially in her scenes with Steve Jones! Elon Musks ex Talulah Riley was pretty good too.

I'm up to date with Obi-Wan-Kenobi and think its brilliant, better then the last 3 Start Wars movies Disney made and the best of the Star Wars spin offs.
Finished Pistol last night. Even though I knew the story, still sad/tragic the way it ended. Sid was *smile* up by everyone around him.
I've ordered Steve Jones book now, I want to get the whole story.

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
McGeoch was a brilliant guitarist, really set the Banshees sound, but a tortured soul. Died fairly young.
Robert Smith was a handy inclusion as well.
McGeoch, as I've recently been finding out, was influential to many top line guitarists, in particular one of my favourites, John Frusciante from RHCP. Sad that he died young.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
McGeoch, as I've recently been finding out, was influential to many top line guitarists, in particular one of my favourites, John Frusciante from RHCP. Sad that he died young.
The Light Pours Out of Me: The Authorised Biography of John McGeoch, will be released soon apparently, search on Amazon. Interviews with contemporories, and muso's influenced by him.

Reactions: 1 users

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Interesting side note: John Frusciante got married to my friends' daughter in Italy just this week. Nice guy, loves old movies.

Reactions: 3 users