TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
People still watching Better Call Saul.

The last two episodes have certainly been interesting.

Reactions: 1 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
People still watching Better Call Saul.

The last two episodes have certainly been interesting.
Interesting in a good way or a bad way, jb?

I'm only up to episode 3, so no spoilers!

I reckon BCS is a better all round show than Breaking Bad.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Interesting in a good way or a bad way, jb?

I'm only up to episode 3, so no spoilers!

I reckon BCS is a better all round show than Breaking Bad.
I don't want to say more but one of my all time favourite shows.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Been rewatching one of my old faves, The Larry Sanders Show ... Early to late 90s incredibly influential comedy about a vain talk show host (the great Garry Shandling - who nearly was a talkshow host in real life), offsider "Hey Now" Hank Kingsley (Jeffrey Tambour), the gruff Korean War vet Artie (Rip Torn in the performances of his career). Each ep is a day in the life of the show and the backroom staff trying to cater to Larry's fragile ego and those of his guests (real life stars playing themselves - Robyn Williams, Alec Baldwin, Mimi Rogers, Jim Carey,Jon Stewart etc etc etc). As the show got more popular they got increasingly high profile guests and music stars. Incredibly influential - you can see the influence even today on shows like The Office, 30 Rock, Curb etc.

The only downside is they filmed it on videotape so the visual quality is definitely not HD.

Six seasons of perfect TV on Binge.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Been rewatching one of my old faves, The Larry Sanders Show ... Early to late 90s incredibly influential comedy about a vain talk show host (the great Garry Shandling - who nearly was a talkshow host in real life), offsider "Hey Now" Hank Kingsley (Jeffrey Tambour), the gruff Korean War vet Artie (Rip Torn in the performances of his career). Each ep is a day in the life of the show and the backroom staff trying to cater to Larry's fragile ego and those of his guests (real life stars playing themselves - Robyn Williams, Alec Baldwin, Mimi Rogers, Jim Carey,Jon Stewart etc etc etc). As the show got more popular they got increasingly high profile guests and music stars. Incredibly influential - you can see the influence even today on shows like The Office, 30 Rock, Curb etc.

The only downside is they filmed it on videotape so the visual quality is definitely not HD.

Six seasons of perfect TV on Binge.
He was a talk show host. The doco on him on Foxtel (I think) by Judd Apatow is great. Interesting human.

• Love

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Old school Aussie cop show on ABC I View - Phoenix. Good raw, no BS stuff

Reactions: 3 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Old school Aussie cop show on ABC I View - Phoenix. Good raw, no BS stuff

I loved Phoenix and Janus at the time. I should rewatch them.

Also on iview, Mystery Road Origins. Its slow burning outback noir, it may not be for everyone but I liked it a lot.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Only Murders in the Building, starring Steve Martin (tick), Martin Short (big tick) and Selena Gomez (massive, throbbing tick), with Nathan Lane (delightful as always) popping in now and then. Very enjoyable so far.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
another vote for Severance here. most intriguing show in recent memory. can't wait for S2

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Only Murders in the Building, starring Steve Martin (tick), Martin Short (big tick) and Selena Gomez (massive, throbbing tick), with Nathan Lane (delightful as always) popping in now and then. Very enjoyable so far.
Yeah, it's weird but compelling, good fun.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
For all mankind ok i guess , but too soap operaish for my taste..
Started the outlaws which hasn't been too bad first few episodes...

Really looking forward to BCS finale next week , though will be sad to see the end of the BB universe..