TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It’s been going since 2005 but I’ve only just discovered It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. And I only became aware of it because I watched Welcome To Wrexham with Rob McElhenny. Very much enjoying Sunny, 5 horrible characters , easy to watch 22 minute episodes. It’s like Curb or Seinfeld on steroids.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It’s been going since 2005 but I’ve only just discovered It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. And I only became aware of it because I watched Welcome To Wrexham with Rob McElhenny. Very much enjoying Sunny, 5 horrible characters , easy to watch 22 minute episodes. It’s like Curb or Seinfeld on steroids.
It's awesome.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
The long-awaited Shantaram series is streaming on Apple. Stars Charlie Hunnam. A bit slow but not bad.

Watched the first couple of eps of season 2 of The White Lotus last night. Not bad, although the appeal of Jennifer Coolidge escapes me. Is she deliberately, aggressively repulsive, stupid and annoying? The show is much better when she's not on-screen.
I would have rushed to watch Shantaram in about 2005, after i read the book whilst in India. Not sure it quite has the same appeal nearly 20 years later. I dont have Apple so at this stage cant watch, but hopefully will get to try it at some stage, if only for nostalgia.

Season 1 of White Lotus was great so look forward to watching season 2- but agree on Coolidge. bearable in small doses, but it is draining to watch her. (and not in a good way.)

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I would have rushed to watch Shantaram in about 2005, after i read the book whilst in India. Not sure it quite has the same appeal nearly 20 years later. I dont have Apple so at this stage cant watch, but hopefully will get to try it at some stage, if only for nostalgia.

Season 1 of White Lotus was great so look forward to watching season 2- but agree on Coolidge. bearable in small doses, but it is draining to watch her. (and not in a good way.)
Season 2 of the White Lotus is pretty ordinary IMO.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Curb Your Enthusiasm season 12 is now filming, not sure when it'll be released.
He clearly has a formula where some weird thing he does early in the season bites him on the ass in the last episode when it looks like everything is going to turn out well for him. But always hilarious.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Inside Man on Netflix is possibly the most ridiculous premise for a TV show I've ever seen but still surprisingly watchable.

Watched the first episode of the Crown season 5 last night, can see why they gave the death of the Queen a bit of space. Doesn't paint her in the best light.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Inside Man on Netflix is possibly the most ridiculous premise for a TV show I've ever seen but still surprisingly watchable.

Watched the first episode of the Crown season 5 last night, can see why they gave the death of the Queen a bit of space. Doesn't paint her in the best light.
I watched Inside Man too. Absurd premise and plotting but lifted by the acting and you only have to sit through 4 episodes.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Inside Man I started watching then stopped because the Minister and his wife? imprisoning the other character for no good reason was ridiculous.

As for The Crown it is clearly fiction so.................

Last edited:

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Saw 'The Watcher' on Netflix last week.

Pretty good.
Can't agree Tommy. I thought it was tedious nonsense and it baffles me that this is even considered some sort of historical scary story. Let's install cameras but not put one on the letterbox where the messages are being delivered.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Can't agree Tommy. I thought it was tedious nonsense and it baffles me that this is even considered some sort of historical scary story. Let's install cameras but not put one on the letterbox where the messages are being delivered.
The only true part about the show was that letters were left in a letterbox. Everything else was fiction.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I thought the letters were being posted, not placed? Can't recall.

Never really pay any attention to supposed 'true stories' as I know Hollywood can ridiculously embellish historical events. Taking it as complete fiction, I thought it was okay.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I thought the letters were being posted, not placed? Can't recall.

Never really pay any attention to supposed 'true stories' as I know Hollywood can ridiculously embellish historical events. Taking it as complete fiction, I thought it was okay.

Yeah they were being posted.

When you read up on the actual story, the family just owned the house to renovate and never actually lived there, it's not actually a true story at all, just inspired by one true event.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Gave True Story on Netflix a go, featuring Kevin Hart in a dramatic role.

He is truly awful and having some good performances around him just makes that stand out even more.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I'm just about to start watching 'We Own This City'. Has anyone seen it? I'm trying to get over my post The Sopranos blues.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tulsa
Stallone, ex Capo, gets released after being locked up for 25years.
If you want something mind numbing with no deep meaning and the occasional laugh, it's bordeline.