TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
I'm just about to start watching 'We Own This City'. Has anyone seen it? I'm trying to get over my post The Sopranos blues.
I liked it.
Never watched Sopranos (yeah, I know) so can't compare, but it is in the same vein (same makers) as The Wire.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Finished 'We Own This City'. Great show. Fantastic little sequel to 'he Wire'. It's also just a stand alone 6 episode series which is easy to get through.

I also like how a couple of The Wire actors showed up again. Good to see that the obese 2IC from the homocide squad has lost some weight as he was a ticking time bomb for a heart attack. Also the Marlo Stanfield character comes back as a homocide detective.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I spoke too soon on Yellowstone. It got worse.

Season 3 of Dead to Me on Netflix is very patchy as well.
A shame to hear about Yellowstone. Haven't watched the latest season but I'm all in so will still get to it at some stage.

Agree on Dead to Me. It's been so long between seasons 2 & 3 it's hard to pick up what's happening. Although I just watched episodes 5 and 6 last night and they were quite good; very funny. Back to what it was in the first two seasons.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
A shame to hear about Yellowstone. Haven't watched the latest season but I'm all in so will still get to it at some stage.

Agree on Dead to Me. It's been so long between seasons 2 & 3 it's hard to pick up what's happening. Although I just watched episodes 5 and 6 last night and they were quite good; very funny. Back to what it was in the first two seasons.

Unfortunately Yellowstone has become a caricature of itself. Storylines have steadily denigrated into complete nonsense.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Anyone that liked Netflix series 'Godless' might find 'The English' on Prime worth a look.

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
There's a show on Disney+ called 9/11: One Day in America that is worth a look if you are interested in the World Trade Centre attack.

6 part series that was originally on National Geographic that uses a lot of new footage and interviews and is a much more in depth look at the events of the day than I've seen before.

Naturally enough it is very difficult to watch in parts, but a quality exploration of one of our most defining moments as a world community.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
There's a show on Disney+ called 9/11: One Day in America that is worth a look if you are interested in the World Trade Centre attack.

6 part series that was originally on National Geographic that uses a lot of new footage and interviews and is a much more in depth look at the events of the day than I've seen before.

Naturally enough it is very difficult to watch in parts, but a quality exploration of one of our most defining moments as a world community.
Pretty sure that was the one that was on Foxtel last year. It was very good; albeit harrowing.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

I find them really hard to watch, especially when they interview family members.
Have to get in the right head space.

Which brings me to another show I struggled with last night...
Claremont, A Killer Among Us.
Harrowing watching the parents of the missing girls!
Didn't realise the WA police absolutely trashed the lives of 2 innocent blokes in the course of their investigation.

I've read the story of one of the women who had been previously attacked by the scumbag eventually convicted..... she's on tonight and it's unbelievable how her case not being taken seriously, led to what happened next.

Reactions: 2 users