TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Watched ep 1 of Black Snow on Stan. About a girl who was killed in 1994 and is reopened as a cold case in 2019 (I thought it was a true story but isn’t). Anyway as flat and dull as …..something that’s flat and dull. Won’t continue.
Worth persisting with TT...really enjoyed it

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The Thief, His Wife and the Canoe on Binge is great. Eddie Marson who stars is a bit of a favourite actor of mine.

Late to the Severance party but it was good.

Enjoyed Blackbird also and the first ep of The Last of Us.
Yep, TTHWATC was excellent!

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Just finished season 1 of bear on Star (Disney plus). Super high intensity smash you in the face stuff. It really is quite exhausting to watch as a five star chef comes back to run the restaurant/sandwich shop of his deceased brother with his cousin (who is just so loud and intense) and all the other misfits in there. When both critics and users go over 90% on rotten tomatoes I'm in. Has lots of cutting, slicing and dicing as well as various drama of why the brother died and the impact on everyone else, broken relationships and money troubles and both the people and the restaurant evolving. I'm not sure how I feel, but it was quite a ride and had some pretty intense moments. In true Disney+ fashion one third of the show is the intro and the credits - so you are looking at about 20 minutes an episode of which there are eight (there is one longer episode). Not sure if season 2 will work but plenty of stuff that can evolve from where it ends. If you have ever enjoyed a reality cooking show then this is definitely worth a shot as it mixes a real gritty real life version of some of the best bits of that with a real story and characters.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Need to come back to this and give the show a bit more credit. It's become quite enjoyable to watch. Nothing deep or meaningful, but a nice easy 30min time waster with a few laughs.

I was so distracted by Stallone's heavily botoxed and surgery-ridden face I couldn't watch it.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Few years old but just watched The Walk on Netflix about a high wire artist who walked between the Twin Towers in the 70s.

Fascinating story but hard to watch if you suffer from vertigo!

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Just finished season 2 of The Test, on Amazon Prime. Not too bad.

I was really disappointed in the second season. Too much magazine style fluff and not enough fly on the wall.

The first series was riveting because of the dressing room footage and access to JL's addresses etc

Much less of that this time and the handing of JL's sacking was soft as butter. If they are making a show like that they need to ask Cummins and co the hard questions, not let them make nothing statements without asking them to substantiate.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I was really disappointed in the second season. Too much magazine style fluff and not enough fly on the wall.

The first series was riveting because of the dressing room footage and access to JL's addresses etc

Much less of that this time and the handing of JL's sacking was soft as butter. If they are making a show like that they need to ask Cummins and co the hard questions, not let them make nothing statements without asking them to substantiate.
Agree entirely. Felt like the show was made by those who orchestrated his demise. Word War 2 from the Germans viewpoint.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Just finished season 1 of bear on Star (Disney plus). Super high intensity smash you in the face stuff. It really is quite exhausting to watch as a five star chef comes back to run the restaurant/sandwich shop of his deceased brother with his cousin (who is just so loud and intense) and all the other misfits in there. When both critics and users go over 90% on rotten tomatoes I'm in. Has lots of cutting, slicing and dicing as well as various drama of why the brother died and the impact on everyone else, broken relationships and money troubles and both the people and the restaurant evolving. I'm not sure how I feel, but it was quite a ride and had some pretty intense moments. In true Disney+ fashion one third of the show is the intro and the credits - so you are looking at about 20 minutes an episode of which there are eight (there is one longer episode). Not sure if season 2 will work but plenty of stuff that can evolve from where it ends. If you have ever enjoyed a reality cooking show then this is definitely worth a shot as it mixes a real gritty real life version of some of the best bits of that with a real story and characters.

The Bear was fantastic TV, finished it in three nights.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Yep I agree as well, won't be watching any future series unless I hear different.

GhostofJimJess

Tiger Cub
Oct 4, 2015
The Virtues on Stan.

Holy hell.

I'm gonna say it - Stephen Graham's portrayal of Joseph is the greatest acting performance I've ever seen. 4-part mini-series of the highest quality.

But take note of the warnings prior to each episode, especially the last.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The Virtues on Stan.

Holy hell.

I'm gonna say it - Stephen Graham's portrayal of Joseph is the greatest acting performance I've ever seen. 4-part mini-series of the highest quality.

But take note of the warnings prior to each episode, especially the last.
Stephen Graham is a fantastic actor. Another recent one with him (and Sean Bean) "Time" is great too.

And i should add the child actors in The Virtues are bang on in their small roles.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Mr Inbetween has been discussed here before - and many agreed it was an absolute bloody ripper of a series (all 3 series actually)

Anyway - The Age Good Weekend Magazine this weekend has a great story on Scott Ryan - the writer, lead actor etc etc
The article itself is definitely worth reading - all about Scott himself, his career, family, Ray Shoesmith, Hollywood etcx etc etc

This might be pay walled - but here's the link
https://www.theage.com.au/culture/t...ackpot-20221205-p5c3r6.html?collection=p5ce64
(if anyone wants me to copy/paste the complete article I'll try it)

Anyway .... a bit of trivia involves one of his brothers and RFC
i.e. "Adam was a natural sportsman, did a pre-season with Richmond in the AFL, even finagled a tryout for the San Francisco 49ers."

Doesn't say when - and I certainly don't remember him at all - but I thought it interesting.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
The Last of Us on Binge is excellent so far.

Some Video games are interactive movies. The Last of Us (video game) in particular has significant cut scenes and story in addition to running around killing monsters and humans.

If anyone wants to stretch the definition of a movie/TV show I would highly recommend this game which explores AI and if it is a form of life,, Ai taking jobs from humans, the holocaust, discrimination, homelessness and community. Much more powerful than a movie IMO given the outcomes are shaped by player choices. It's less a game than an interactive movie with very mild gameplay elements and exploration.

Reactions: 2 users