Two Minutes of Typical Tiger Football | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Two Minutes of Typical Tiger Football

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
*smile*, the world, hey? What a shitshow. And no footy to distract us - yet.

I've been watching last year's games and a couple of minutes against Sydney, with a young undermanned side, caught my eye. I might have a go at a proper breakdown to highlight all the Richmond trademarks in this passage, but for now, just enjoy.

There are just over five minutes left in the first quarter when this clip starts. From then until half time, we outscored Sydney seven goals to two, overwhelming them with intensity. Pure Richmond.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
*smile*, the world, hey? What a shitshow. And no footy to distract us - yet.

I've been watching last year's games and a couple of minutes against Sydney, with a young undermanned side, caught my eye. I might have a go at a proper breakdown to highlight all the Richmond trademarks in this passage, but for now, just enjoy.

There are just over five minutes left in the first quarter when this clip starts. From then until half time, we outscored Sydney seven goals to two, overwhelming them with intensity. Pure Richmond.

Onya Spooker good work.

Frustrating game that was for me. Tigers looked likely to smash them all game and yet never really took it to that level. and let them get too many easy goals from memory.

Tigers finally put the scoreboard hammer on them in the second quarter.

Then Tiges dropped off a bit after half time and they outscored us in the second half.

A 22 point win which was a nice back up from the Port win the week before where belief started growing a little that maybe the Tigers could claw there way back into season 2019 and hold until the calvalry returned.

Beating the #go dees the following week in that critical Anzac Eve game really set them on the skids (just as Stackie did to Viney).

The Dogs mauled us the following week but redemption came swiftly against the Dockers the following week and then against the Hawks and the Druggies.

Things were back on track for 2019 therein save for the loss to the Kangas with the injured players soon to return.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I have to say, Darcy says, 'the pressure comes, the tigers do this better than almost any side in the comp..'.. Whats with the almost?

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
How good was the grover contest?

Also the warning sign of higgo. Poor kids head just wasn't right

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Some Super Grover Mania there.

That wasnt why he lost his spot I think it was more likely his disposal, and they replaced him with Caddy who is a superior aerialist and contested mark with better foot skils.

Caddy gave the extra contested marking option for the outlet kick.

Reactions: 1 user