U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
This is what happens if you drink the Trump Kool-aid for too long

Didn't say I believe it. At first I dismissed it, but his absolute conviction stayed with me. It was so matter-of-factly delivered.

I still don't take it as gospel. Just put more store in it than before.

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Good article here by the head of the NAACP: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/03/america-black-deaths-racism

One small excerpt shows you this is not a fair system:

Each year, more than 1,000 civilians nationwide are killed by police – and Black people are three times more likely to be slain than white people, despite also being more likely to be unarmed.

That's right, you are less likely to be killed by the police in the USA if you are a gun toting white person, than if you are black.

DS

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Here's the full bodycam footage from one of the cops. It shows them approach the car, open the door, pull one of the passengers out and throw him to the ground, before threatening the driver. A bit later a cop tries to roughly pull the driver from the car, the driver drives off, the cops catch up, smash the windows, slash the tyres, tase the driver and his girlfriend when they are sitting quietly, and throw them to the ground.

For what? What was their reason for initiating the incident?

At least two of those cops have been sacked, and three put on desk duty, for use of excessive force. The couple in the car were released without charge.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Those notorious lefties, the CIA, concerned about the whole Trump as fascist wannabe dictator thing.

“I’ve seen this kind of violence,” said Gail Helt, a former CIA analyst responsible for tracking developments in China and Southeast Asia. “This is what autocrats do. This is what happens in countries before a collapse. It really does unnerve me.”

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
This is good.

“Wow. Cops killed a black man. Look at this video, he was begging for his life and they were laughing."

"That's terrible. But fortunately, they can be prosecuted for murder.

"Oh, my. You're new to America, aren't you? The prosecutor will decline to indict."

"What? Why?"

"Prosecutorial discretion."

"Uh…ok, that's…not great. They can be fired, at least."

"The police union will fight for their right to stay on the job; 50-50 they get reinstated with back pay."

"That's messed up. Still, that's the union's job. Uh, can they be sued?"

"Of course."

"Great, let's do that."

"The courts will determine that because there was no clearly established constitutional right to not be strangled to death by a knee in Minneapolis in late May, the cops get qualified immunity and your case is thrown out."

"You're just making this up."

"Google 'qualified immunity'."

"What the *smile*? I'm going to protest."

"Will you do it properly?"

"Ugh, 'properly'. Yes. Me and my friends will organize regular peaceful protests in multiple cities."

"Nobody will care, it won't make the news."

"We'll get athletes to join in; they're visible."

"You will offend people's divine right to watch sports without thinking about uncomfortable issues like people getting murdered."

"That sounds like something I don't care about."

"That's the spirit. Of course, your poster-child athlete will be blackballed from the sport and the others won't dare continue."

"Mother—"

"Another man just got killed by cops. No arrests, no firings."

"I'm going to vote every clown that enables this out."

"By an incredibly unfortunate coincidence, every voter registration center in your vicinity is permanently closed. The closest one is an hour drive away."

"I can't really afford to take time off work, but this is life and death. I'll go"

"I hope you can afford the fee."

"Now I *know* that's illegal! It's a poll tax!"

"You should try suing."

"I'm about to break some things!"

"This immediate resort to violence is proof that you are not really dedicated to resolving the issue, but instead are simply using it as an excuse to indulge in your criminal instincts. Fortunately, we have cops to handle that sort of behavior."

other tweeters joined in:
"Violent protests continue for the sixth straight night downtown, mass vandalism and assaults continue..."

*Cop shoots tear gas canister straight at reporter's head*

"...as police struggle to restore order."

and

"Wonderful, you registered to vote! Now, America has a robust two party system, and they disagree on most issues, like healthcare, gun control, and public education."

"Great! I'll vote for the ones who want to hold cops accountable!"

"Sorry no we don't have one of those."

"You said there were two parties!"

"Yes, there's the Republicans, who favor strong police forces, and the Democrats, who want safe communities."

"Safe communities?"

"Through strong police forces, yes."

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Here's the full bodycam footage from one of the cops. It shows them approach the car, open the door, pull one of the passengers out and throw him to the ground, before threatening the driver. A bit later a cop tries to roughly pull the driver from the car, the driver drives off, the cops catch up, smash the windows, slash the tyres, tase the driver and his girlfriend when they are sitting quietly, and throw them to the ground.

For what? What was their reason for initiating the incident?

At least two of those cops have been sacked, and three put on desk duty, for use of excessive force. The couple in the car were released without charge.

It is a disgrace. For the cops to be sacked and stood down they were clearly judged to have done the wrong thing. Fleeing the police?

And completely understandable if you are an African-American and you don't trust the police. Why wouldn't you be scared of what happens when you get detained/arrested/cuffed etc.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I'm trying not to see it all one way, but disobeying a copper is the stumbling block. Maybe they were confused and frightened. Maybe. I'm trying hard. It might be enlightening if the lead-up wasn't edited out.

I'm tipping you would have a different attitude to police if you were black? Why would you possibly trust them?

Reactions: 2 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Who compared Trump to Hitler? Not me.

He doesn't have Hitler's attention span.
Trump doesn't have Hitler's "Je ne sais quoi", his panache, his charisma, his intelligence. And Hitler was a cats rectum.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
How about his act earlier. Not making speeches from the White House but trying to use religion but walking across to the Presidential church. Trump is not religious so what was the purpose of this and showing the bible. He sure does some weird things.
Puppet masters pulled the strings. The election is slipping from him. Need to shore up the base of the Republican party.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I'm tipping you would have a different attitude to police if you were black? Why would you possibly trust them?

I'm tipping I would understand that only the very rare shark-attack-probability rogue would pose a threat to me while I abide by the law, and that they are protecting me against criminal behaviour. I'd also insist that Office Chauvin meets the full force of his own law. But then again I might be hyper-sensitive to incidents where my "brothers" are hurt and gain a distorted perspective, living in the deranged belief that the cops are out to get me. I might even smash a few windows to relieve the strain of it all.

I'm disgusted at the way the AAT constantly favours minority demographic criminals to the detriment of the majority of Australians, but I wouldn't bomb the joint.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
So his lardness hid in the bunker - ok, the Secret Service took him there - but then he lies about it. "I was just doing an inspection".

Uses the military and tear gas to clear a path through peaceful demonstrators to a nearby church for a photo-op. Oh, and kicked the pastor out too. And didn't bother to pray.

Esper (SecDef) flat out stated that troops will not be used unconstitutionally. Generals John Allen and Mattis are dumping on him.

Not a great 24 hours for the greatest leader in world history. The leader the world needs.