U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007

This is a lengthy but good read on the USA

… that is an excellent but ultimately depressing as hell article. The thought of China…

Thanks for sharing it, jb, I guess : )

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Trump sabotaging the post office in the US is a new low for democracy in Merica ahead of their election.

Obama calling him out on this.

trump son tweets that the democratic VP candidate is 'whoreendous'

real classy family ruling the world.

If Fred Trump hadn't of struck it rich being a big time pimp,

this mob would be living in a relocatable home in New Jersey grafting for the next oxytocin

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
i'm sure they're all criminals but this cheating golfer has no shame, nor political nous ...
incredible really ...

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
What's he saying the post office are gunna do?

He's put a Trumper as Postmaster General and they are cutting costs, making the mail slower and sacking people so as to make it as hard as possible for a Vote By Mail option to work. As Trump so often does, he actually admitted that this is his strategy for the upcoming Presidential election.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
What's he saying the post office are gunna do?

Apparently they are removing post boxes "cost savings" I think is the excuse. The new postmaster is an ally of Trump's and donated to his campaigns.

With voting controlled by states and even counties it is a mess. I read an article a few months ago about a black woman going to vote in a primary, she waited 4-5 hours to vote in her area where, with a large population, there was only one polling booth. Meanwhile across town lots of polling booths in the white area where they waited 5 minutes to vote.

There are a lot of things they can do. Reduce the staffing at postal sorting centres in black areas, make it hard to find a post box (ongoing), hiring freeze (done), overtime ban (done), removal of mail sorting equipment (done). This, along with lots of ways to reduce the vote in areas more likely to vote against Trump, will have an impact. They wouldn't do it otherwise.

The voter turnout in the USA is pretty woeful, around 50%. If they had a turnout of maybe 70% the Republicans would be in real trouble.

Trump said it himself:

“The things they had in there were crazy,” Trump said. “They had things — levels of voting that, if you ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.”

Clearly people actually exercising their right to vote is too much democracy, and Republicans don't want democracy.

More people voting is good for democracy, a truly democratic regime would make voting easier rather than harder.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Can someone explain to me how the USA can be considered a great country?
seems like third world health care unless you are rich, blatant and outright corruption from the top with a lot of things ( and being allowed to get away with it), innocents suffering and being disadvantaged while the 2 parties continually allow or block legislation that might or perceive to disadvantage them or their financiers..I could go on but I think people get the idea

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
seems like third world health care unless you are rich, blatant and outright corruption from the top with a lot of things ( and being allowed to get away with it), innocents suffering and being disadvantaged while the 2 parties continually allow or block legislation that might or perceive to disadvantage them or their financiers..I could go on but I think people get the idea

read the article posted earlier. page or so back. of if its not here its in the corona thread .

by a Canadian in rolling stone magazine.

it elucidates beautifully

how great American really was,

then how is wasn't again.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Its not.

Reactions: 1 users