U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Debate looked pretty underwhelming from both sides from the snippets I saw. Trump actually looked better not constantly interjecting and talking over the top like he did in the first debate.

Did amuse me that he said he will release his tax returns "any day now" and the same thing for a health policy. Most of us saw through his deflections from day 1, but it appears as though enough American citizens are sick of this tactic too. This guy has been in power for four years and all he can talk about is Hunter Biden's laptop.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Ha ha ha. There are two hopes left of salvaging something from 2020 - a Tiger premiership and Trump pulling off miracle #2. If either happens, the losers are gonna hear about it!

Tigers and Trump for '20 - you know it makes sense.
Just seeing the Tigers and Trump mentioned In the same sentence makes me feel sick

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Trump waffled, no healthcare policy, no COVID policy.

The bar is so low for Trump that by not being a totally jackass he gets a pass.

Its still so close.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Debate looked pretty underwhelming from both sides from the snippets I saw. Trump actually looked better not constantly interjecting and talking over the top like he did in the first debate.

Did amuse me that he said he will release his tax returns "any day now" and the same thing for a health policy. Most of us saw through his deflections from day 1, but it appears as though enough American citizens are sick of this tactic too. This guy has been in power for four years and all he can talk about is Hunter Biden's laptop.

Ooh forgot the biggest lie of all... a Covid vaccine is "ready". Two clinical trials paused - Astra Zeneca, J&J. Pfizer and Moderna are still in phase 3 clinical trials.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
yeah, great words

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be
All right, all right, all right
You say you got a real solution
Well, you know
We'd all love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know
We're doing what we can
But if you want money for people with minds that hate
All I can tell is brother you have to wait
You say you'll change the constitution
Well, you know
We all want to change your head
You tell me it's the institution
Well, you know
You better free you mind instead
But if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao
You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow
All right, all right

Too subtle for Trumpists.

Actually Lee's advocating for Trump reminds me of some Maoists I have met over the years, their idea was that life should be made worse for everyone to foment revolution.

DS

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It's a criticism of anarchists and militant groups that were in vogue at the time.

You say you'll change the constitution
We all want to change your head
You tell me it's the institution
You better free you mind instead
yeah yeah i know the history of the beatles and J Lennon. those lyrics can apply equally to Trump with his anti-institution "drain the swamp" rhetoric.

And we know he ain't done *smile* for four years.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
yeah yeah i know the history of the beatles and J Lennon. those lyrics can apply equally to Trump with his anti-institution "drain the swamp" rhetoric.

And we know he ain't done *smile* for four years.
Yoko Ono explained the lyrics while making specific reference to destroying statues...

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Regale me with Biden's military record. Pretty sure he had as many deferments as Trump.

We're all thankful that Royce Hart dodged combat.
I always wonder why the yanks ( and it seems those who follow US poltics) put so much store in a candidates military history or otherwise. When was the last time it was relevant in our poltics?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Reactions: 1 user