U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Heh heh heh. That piece of *smile* Mitch McConnell is squirming and fizzing like a snail on salt right now. When he had the chance to rid the Republicans of the Trump disease during the impeachment process, he circled the Republican wagons and backed Trump to the hilt and was very very nasty right throughout. He made a complete **** of himself.

But now, finally realising the dysfunction and chaos that Trump has brought to the party, and seeing what the nation thinks of Trump endorsed candidates at the mid terms and the disaster that he could be at the next Presidential election, he’s desperately trying to get party support to cut ties with him - and also protect his role as leader of the party I might add. He has Trump and his nut job supporters like Cruz and co biting at his heels.

There’s a big pro Trump and big anti Trump group within the Republican Party, McConnell now a key figure in the latter.

If you thought the Republican Party was already fractured, you ain’t seen nothing yet. It’s just the beginning. Gloves off.

Suspect the Dems will be loving what’s about to unfold as the GOP starts a massive fight within itself.

Karma’s a beetch eh McConnell you ahole !

Reactions: 4 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Suspect the Dems will be loving what’s about to unfold as the GOP starts a massive fight within itself.
I read an article suggesting Democrats provided a lot of funding for pro-trumpers in the recent election- or maybe in the lead up to the elections- knowing the they were less likely to get votes than more "moderate" republicans. looks like it worked.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I read an article suggesting Democrats provided a lot of funding for pro-trumpers in the recent election- or maybe in the lead up to the elections- knowing the they were less likely to get votes than more "moderate" republicans. looks like it worked.

Not a suggestion, it was a flat out tactic. They would fund the Trumpites to help get them on the final ballot betting that the masses would turn against them. Plenty of moderate Republicans were vocally complaining saying that fdor the good of the country the Dems shouldn't help gets Trumpites on the ballot.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Ah
yes. Read the same articles.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Not a suggestion, it was a flat out tactic. They would fund the Trumpites to help get them on the final ballot betting that the masses would turn against them. Plenty of moderate Republicans were vocally complaining saying that fdor the good of the country the Dems shouldn't help gets Trumpites on the ballot.
I only say suggesting cos i read it in one article, and we all know we shouldn't take every thing we read in the press as truth. But now that you have confirmed it on this form of social media i can know refer to it as fact.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I only say suggesting cos i read it in one article, and we all know we shouldn't take every thing we read in the press as truth. But now that you have confirmed it on this form of social media i can know refer to it as fact.
PRE - The Last Bastion of Truth

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Heh heh heh. That piece of *smile* Mitch McConnell is squirming and fizzing like a snail on salt right now. When he had the chance to rid the Republicans of the Trump disease during the impeachment process, he circled the Republican wagons and backed Trump to the hilt and was very very nasty right throughout. He made a complete **** of himself.

But now, finally realising the dysfunction and chaos that Trump has brought to the party, and seeing what the nation thinks of Trump endorsed candidates at the mid terms and the disaster that he could be at the next Presidential election, he’s desperately trying to get party support to cut ties with him - and also protect his role as leader of the party I might add. He has Trump and his nut job supporters like Cruz and co biting at his heels.

There’s a big pro Trump and big anti Trump group within the Republican Party, McConnell now a key figure in the latter.

If you thought the Republican Party was already fractured, you ain’t seen nothing yet. It’s just the beginning. Gloves off.

Karma’s a beetch eh McConnell you ahole !

McConnell is just being an opportunist, went with Trump when it was to his advantage, dumping Trump when it turns sour. Now, there's a word for people like this, hmm, oh yeah: politician!

A strategy to have nutcases on the ballot for your opponents is more than possible with the primaries system. When you register to vote in the USA you can register a party affiliation which allows you to vote in that party's primaries. Nothing says you have to vote that way at the election and presumably you can also change your affiliation whenever you like. So, some Dems likely changed their affiliations and voted in Republican primaries. Not a bad tactic along with helping the nutters get nominated via funding their campaigns.

The Dems really need to do more to get control of states, and they are going to have to work out a way to keep people voting as a lot voted as a response to Roe v Wade being overturned and that won't last forever. As is always the case, it is who turns out to vote which determines US elections, especially mid-terms. Oh, and there is always the factor of how easy it is for you to vote, in some states you can walk in and vote within 5 minutes if you live in a white area where there are a lot of polling booths, but if you live in a black area expect a 3 hour queue, yes, they really do this sort of thing.

DS

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
“In order to make America great and glorious again, I tonight am announcing my candidacy for president of the United States,” Trump said.

• Haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
NPR's headline is right on the money

BREAKING: Donald Trump, who tried to overthrow the results of the 2020 presidential election and inspired a deadly riot at the Capitol in a desperate attempt to keep himself in power, has filed to run for president again in 2024.

Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The Big Grift begins..... again! Geez, there's some serious dumb *smile* over there!
Hope Merrick Garland lays out some charges soon... Do something for the sake of humanity and charge the prick on the eve of Thanksgiving day!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not sure how he will go this time. Apparently Fox News cut away from his speech to resume normal prgramming. Normal programming being their media heads claiming how great Trumps speech was....

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He wants to create as big of a circus as he can. The grift continues.

Running for President might be enough of a shield for prosecutors to go after him until it's all said and done. He's trying to give himself two more yhears before facing the courts.

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Of course. .... the rednecks can't afford to feed their kids because he sends multiple emails each week asking for $45 a pop to Save America. ....
He's at it again fund raising for Shedule F, which he implemented before he lost. Then Biden struck it out. Basically gives the Prez power to sack any public servant he wants.
Article below shows he's as loopy, and dangerous, as he's ever been.
Who would have thought that someone like DeSantis would ever be a better option as leader?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Trump may be doing this for the money, Trump may not be able to resist standing anyway because, you know, narcissist ego.

If he nominates for the primaries it may well split the Republicans, we can only hope.

DS