U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Respectfully have to disagree.

Obama inherited a G W Bush disaster in the Global Financial Crisis.
Unemployment, and the Dow Jones were performing well when Trump got elected. Trump lucked in, and he has got Obama and the democrats to thank for that.
I do give credit to Trump for the wage increases workers have received. Having said that there are less people with health cover, they can’t afford it.

He's created 7 million jobs, way more than anybody predicted.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
He was always going to be cleared by the stacked senate, not sure what the surprise or fuss is about. Victory lap for what exactly?
Wasn't he originally impeached by a stacked house full of Dems? Is there some sort of righteous difference between a stacked lynch mob n a stacked rescue mob.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
EQWPf8WUUAArt63

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Wasn't he originally impeached by a stacked house full of Dems? Is there some sort of righteous difference between a stacked lynch mob n a stacked rescue mob.
I wasn’t commenting on whether it was righteous or not only on the inevitability of the result.
Basically anyone with half a brain knows Trump is guilty of what he was charged with but I have always felt it would backfire on the Dems because the result would be inevitable and the turmeric narcissist would end up gloating and look like he won.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
By making sure the witnesses were not heard Trump kept the detail out of the public domain. That was the only threat to him from the impeachment, he was never going to be found guilty, the Dems knew this, and it was a decision on the basis of exposing some of his behaviour. Didn't really work, but didn't really backfire either, bit meh to be honest.

Cynicism about politicians is so high that nobody seems to give a s*** any more, we just expect them to be lying cheating scum.

DS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
He's created 7 million jobs, way more than anybody predicted.

I don't believe Trump's spin, I go by the data.
Obama lucked out, he inheriting Bush's mess, Trump lucked in inheriting a strong economy from Obama.

"President Trump took office as the economy continued its recovery – and as it underwent a decade-long expansion, the longest in American history. The current employment rate stood at 3.5%as of December 2019 – the lowest in a half-century."

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Don't believe Trump's spin.

"Trump Has Created 1.5 Million Fewer Jobs Than Obama"

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Yes TM there is. The lynch mob are always on the side of good not evil. ;)

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I don't believe Trump's spin, I go by the data.
Obama lucked out, he inheriting Bush's mess, Trump lucked in inheriting a strong economy from Obama.

Global economic growth has been very sluggish, yet the US economy is in rude health compared to most. Trump is providing more Americans with opportunity. But if people are determined to see it from a glass-half-empty perspective then nobody’s going to stop them. They may even vote for Bernie’s Venezuelan vision.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Bingo. Right now it looks like Trump romps into a second term. And that is utterly depressing.
When ya at a party, as the drink flows and someone inevitably mentions the "T" word it can become heated and funnily enough, more robust than discussing the state of our own sorry lot in Spring St or Canberra.

I have a sure fire way of breaking the tension. ..... I tell 'em that since he was elected the Tigers have won 2 flags and he'll more than likely get in again, which gives us another 5 seasons of his "very very large brain" (his words not mine).... so we should be looking at another 3 cups.

So this is my way of dealing with someone who appears to be the most unhinged, divisive and despicable individual ever to be leader of the free world.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Global economic growth has been very sluggish, yet the US economy is in rude health compared to most. Trump is providing more Americans with opportunity. But if people are determined to see it from a glass-half-empty perspective then nobody’s going to stop them.

Trump inherited an economy that had been growing for 7 years, the economy has continued to grow.
Yes, when it comes to Trump I'm glass-half-empty, I can't stand him, a terrible human being, he is a sociopath.

(Heather Long)

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
When ya at a party, as the drink flows and someone inevitably mentions the "T" word it can become heated and funnily enough, more robust than discussing the state of our own sorry lot in Spring St or Canberra.

I have a sure fire way of breaking the tension. ..... I tell 'em that since he was elected the Tigers have won 2 flags and he'll more than likely get in again, which gives us another 5 seasons of his "very very large brain" (his words not mine).... so we should be looking at another 3 cups.

So this is my way of dealing with someone who appears to be the most unhinged, divisive and despicable individual ever to be leader of the free world.

:))

I've got the next job for Trump, he would be a good fit to take over from McChins at Copyingwood, a couple of heartbreaking chokes would knock the smugness out of him.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Trumps tax cuts provided a substantial sugar hit for businesses in 17/18, things were not so good in 2019 though.