U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yeah true as tigerman, good call.
Absolutely nothing "Trumps" a trade war, apart from a real war with dead people everywhere to make a trade war seem unimportant.
Excuses as far as the eye can see.......if Trump wins again will the far Aussie left STFU and accept that the rest of the world are not as advanced as them?
If Trump loses I won't gloat, I'll be just grateful that Australia's number one ally has a more stable Head of State, a President who is not a sociopath.

Reactions: 2 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
If Trump loses I won't gloat, I'll be just grateful that Australia's number one ally has a more stable Head of State, a President who is not a sociopath.
Fair call, just hope the next one has less real wars than the current, or previous what eva.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
One interesting thing with Primaries is that the candidate who gets the most delegates is the one who gets the most votes, and for the party in question they hopefully get the vote out. It is a bit of an indication of ability to attract votes and encourage people to vote. To go against the result from the Primaries (if, for example, Bernie gets the most delegates but not enough to get nominated, especially given the super-delegates) is risky as you are ditching the candidate who attracted the most votes.

Of course, there is skewing in the primaries. To vote in a primary you have to register to vote and also register as a republican or democrat. Now, people do this strategically. For example, I live in a safe seat, so, my vote has little impact. However, if we had primaries I could register for the party which always wins and influence who their candidate will be. Whether I vote for them in the actual election is not related to how I register. So, a republican living in a safe democrat seat might register as a democrat in order to influence the candidate they put up for the local congress seat, or they might register as a republican to influence their presidential candidate. Primaries are quite strange and strange things happen.

DS

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
This week's ABC-Washington Post poll, for example, shows Sanders beating Trump nationally 51 per cent to 45 per cent. That's a point behind Biden but better than all the other candidates.
And for all the talk of divisions between Democratic moderates and progressives, Sanders is extremely popular across the party. He has a net favourability rating of +51, higher than any other candidate.

Speaking to Democratic voters, they invariably say they would vote for him - even if he isn't their first choice.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Waiting to see what the Hollywood mega-rich (not the B and C grade celebrities who’ve voiced support) make of Bernie after he’s promised to bring them back to the pack.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Trump may win the election but he is and will always be a disgusting narcissist to me. One of the world’s most dangerous people, a person without a shred of morality and a proven serial liar.
Bernie may not be perfect but I’ll have him ahead of the Turmeric *smile* any day

I actually feel better after that
:)

Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not sure where I read it, but the author made the point that the 2nd Amendment was written to allow the citizens to deal with a rouge President / Government, much like they have now.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Not sure where I read it, but the author made the point that the 2nd Amendment was written to allow the citizens to deal with a rouge President / Government, much like they have now.
The gun nuts always forget the bit about "a well-regulated militia...", and as I heard a comedian say, "if you want your gun to protect you against the government, you don't know how tanks work!"

Reactions: 3 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
yes, NSW are lucky they voted the Libs in and as a result didnt experience devastating fires like Victoria.
The problem is Brodders that local councils are controlling what can be cleaned / cleared and what cannot, and we all know how far left local councils lean.

It's like all the parrots that started chirping the line that "The Greens Haven't Been In Power, So How is i THEIR Fault"?

Take a look at WA which is far warmer than here, but has done its cold fire burning since 61 when they got smashed with bush fires. It hasn't happened since. If there is no fuel load on the ground, then it doesnt get into the canopy. It gets into the canopy and you might as well whistle dixy than hold a water hose, because there won't be any stopping it.

The crazy thing is that in blaming "Climate change" we will not address the real issue and therefore we will suffer the same fate over and over again.

The funny thing about the warming is that they are measuring the rise since the mini ice age to make the figure look bigger.If that's not enough, they have then adjusted the raw thermometer dat no less than 4 times to make the past look cooler and the present look warmer.

2019 is apparently the second warmest year on record, yet the USA experienced 25% more snow than any other time in the decade. Th number of growing degree days across the USA and Europe have caused crop issues with corn picked. An example is thecorn crops in Madison Country which normally ripens in July when it is cut, stood slowly ripening until October. The same scenario was playing out across Europe. Soy bean crops which follow the corn , couldn't even be planted.

The NOAA is already warning of an early flood season because of the water loads being held in snow. But do we hear about this in our left wing main stream media?

Nooooo we just hear lectures on how to run our economies from some 16 year old Antifa twat bag.

How many people are aware that the raw thermometer data shows the 30's as by far the warmest decade?

How many people ask questions today about "Climate Gate" when the IPCC had their emails hacked for a good month before they realised, Climate Gate of course being the leaked emails asking "How can we hide the decline"? Decline in what you ask? Have a *smile* guess!

Bear in mind the IPCC is not a group of scientists. It is a body of politicians with a very narrow brief. That brief is to report on "Man's" effect on climate change. Not just climate change, but man's effect, so what do you think they want to hear from scientists?

To this day, Keith Briffa's date on the hockey stick graph stops at 1962, while tthe junior scientist's line shoots up through the stratosphere, not from tree ring date which he uses to the 180's but because he changes his source date to thermometer readings (adjusted ones at that). The funny thing is that as many excuses as you an make to alter date, you can't trick the plants. Growth charts across te USA, which are used to show farmers what will gro at what latitude, have moved some 300km south over the last 100 years.

So here we have the EU, of all the corrupt bastards on the planet, with their mouth piece, the IPCC who all believe in a one world Government taking control of everyone's energy supply through climate change!

Take a look at the Paris Agreement. China pumps out over 60% of man made CO2 yet are not tied to the Paris Agreement until 2030. Interestingly, in 2030, they have a get out clause stating that if they feel joining will cause poverty, they can stay out.

So here we are driving our energy prices through the roof, and therefore our industry off shore to, you guessed it - CHINA, which has no environmental policy what so ever. Net result, no jobs here, lots of jobs and wealth in China who come here and drive us out of our own property market as they buy our country out. Net CO2 result is a worse situation than you'd have without the Paris Agreement, because we are more responsible about pollution than a country like China.

Now China with all her diseases has just brought out Pura Milk. My brother drives a knackery truck and a month ago was at 2 large dairy farms shooting all the cows that hadn't been brought and shipped to China. It takes generations of breeding to get our dairy cows to where they are, and now we are shipping them of to China. He was speaking to one of the farmers who has been to china as a consultant and he was shocked at what he saw. Sick cows are not milked into vats for human consumption, not here anyway. But over there, everything goes straight in.

It won't be long before all our milk will be coming out of China. What could possibly go wrong with that?

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
orange is hard enough to look at but rouge would be too much to handle

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
The problem is Brodders that local councils are controlling what can be cleaned / cleared and what cannot, and we all know how far left local councils lean.

I don't know anything about rural NSW or Far East Vic councils..... I am amazed that areas I would associate with voting National or Libreal at federal and state elections would do a 180 and vote ALP and presumably Green majorities at local level.
But stranger things have happened.
But on day 1 of the fires the informed News Corp and Macquarie commentators pretty much did their own Royal Commision and nailed the left wing Councils as fully responsible.
Well I imagine the locals are now regretting their dalliance with the left and won't make that mistake next election.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Except this has been comprehensively shown to be false as a significant reason for the fires.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
No not comprehensively, a contributing factor beyond doubt and an underlying cause to the severity and ability of the fires to exist. Reduce the fuel, reduce the fire. Or alternatively increase the fuel, increase the fire. I use the same principle when driving uphill in my car, trust me it works.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013

I don't know anything about rural NSW or Far East Vic councils..... I am amazed that areas I would associate with voting National or Libreal at federal and state elections would do a 180 and vote ALP and presumably Green majorities at local level.
But stranger things have happened.
But on day 1 of the fires the informed News Corp and Macquarie commentators pretty much did their own Royal Commision and nailed the left wing Councils as fully responsible.
Well I imagine the locals are now regretting their dalliance with the left and won't make that mistake next election.
Makes me wonder who the vocal protesting forces are in our society and why so many detest them when i read replies like this.
In my area i will deduce that the protesting and disruptive folk are not the National and Liberal voters, nor are they likely to be Labor voters, in fact most of them dont even live in the area but they definately do have a say in how we live and what actions we take in relation to many things but mainly typical "greenie" issues.
There is no dalliance.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
No not comprehensively, a contributing factor beyond doubt and an underlying cause to the severity and ability of the fires to exist. Reduce the fuel, reduce the fire. Or alternatively increase the fuel, increase the fire. I use the same principle when driving uphill in my car, trust me it works.

A factor, sure, a significant factor well the experts say not. Then there's the issue of 'green' governments supposedly reducing controlled burning, this has been revealed to be horseshit in most cases

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
A factor, sure, a significant factor well the experts say not. Then there's the issue of 'green' governments supposedly reducing controlled burning, this has been revealed to be horseshit in most cases

According to our local CFA, fuel reduction burning is far more difficult to perform now than ever before. This is due to the increase in temperature, reduction in humidity & increasing winds.
Straight from the mouth of a CFA Captain with 35 years experience.
I would rather believe him than any numpty graphs & charts someone on the internet conjours up.

I would also place more credence in his wisdom than anything a politician tries to tell me.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
It's also worth noting that there were bush fires in the Ferntree Gully National Park 3 years in a row (1972, 73, 74).
Surely there wasn't enough time for a fuel build up to occur between each of those fires.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
It's also worth noting that there were bush fires in the Ferntree Gully National Park 3 years in a row (1972, 73, 74).
Surely there wasn't enough time for a fuel build up to occur between each of those fires.

Fires starting is one thing; fires powered by fuel loads that make it impossible (not just dangerous) to put men on the ground is another.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
People who faced the bushfires this year noted that fires came back through previously burnt areas several times in some locations. Even with fuel load reduction due to the previous instances of fire, the extreme heat, dryness and winds meant that these areas were subject to repeated burnings.

Heat and extreme winds meant that canopy fires were common - fuel load reduction doesn't prevent those.

Why is this in the US election thread anyway?