U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So Trump is trying to write into law control over (social) media.

Who was that crackpot in the 30s that also burned books and controlled media?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
So Trump is trying to write into law control over (social) media.

Who was that crackpot in the 30s that also burned books and controlled media?
he is upset that they are trying to limit free speech, so he is trying to limit free speech.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
he is upset that they are trying to limit free speech, so he is trying to limit free speech.

He keeps carping on about “ fake news” when the media disagree With what he says and now when he peddles fake news and gets called out for it he wants to bring in laws to stop it. Doesn’t this stem from Twitter adding a link to one of his tweets to check facts with what he has lied about?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
How Trump gets away with what he says I have no idea. Heard that he put on Twitter around all the violence going on in Minneapolis that they were looking to send the army in because "when the looting starts, the shooting starts". How many western leaders around the world are allowed to threaten their citizens like that.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
How Trump gets away with what he says I have no idea. Heard that he put on Twitter around all the violence going on in Minneapolis that they were looking to send the army in because "when the looting starts, the shooting starts". How many western leaders around the world are allowed to threaten their citizens like that.

Duterte and Bolsonaro spring to mind

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So, yesterday they only fact checked Trump (little blue ! telling people they shouldn't believe what was tweeted).
Trump gets nasty
Twitter today blocked a Trump tweet, showing the world the company has a decent pair of testicles.

The blocked tweet is the one where he says "when the looting starts, the shooting starts"

EZLEWteU4AAP45t

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

But apparently a mob going into a state parliament with guns is fine.

He's a hypocrite, but that ain't a surprise.

DS

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I used to think Trumps buffoonery was humourous but i feel guilty that i used to think that. Might go down as the most divisive western leader ever and contributed more than anyone to the downfall of a country. Expect him to support the arrest of the CNN reporter.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Trump has now formally taken all US funding away from the WHO.
No matter what the view of the performance of the WHO in this pandemic unless there is a replacement of the funding this decision will lead to deaths.
In places like sub Saharan Africa and other places of extreme poverty the reduction of WHO operations will be catastrophic. It also hurts programs relating to things like malaria, diarrhoea, access to clean water and many other things.
It is a decision made to protect himself and to deflect blame without any thought for the people it effects.
What a disgusting human being he is.

Reactions: 7 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The upcoming election is going to be a real litmus test for the world I think.

If he is re-elected I really will lose a bit of faith in humanity.
It just seems odd that Biden is the best the opposition could come up with. He'll barely survive a first term

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Biden is a decent man. The US is needs decency.

Might be decent, but he'll be 78 come election time.

The US is imploding. It's been happening for a while and plain to see. China has been preparing for this. Russia will be another to jump in and fill the void.

There are already moves to move away from the USD as the defacto international currency.

For our own sake Australia better have a long term strategy to survive and prosper on the world stage when the US is no longer relevant. But unfortunately our politicians only think a maximum 3 years in advance.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Scrolling through Fox Movies today and saw American History X (its a very good movie if you haven't seen it). Its very evident that nothing has changed in the US since this movie came out, which isn't much different to the racial tensions that they had in the 60's.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Trump has now formally taken all US funding away from the WHO.
No matter what the view of the performance of the WHO in this pandemic unless there is a replacement of the funding this decision will lead to deaths.
In places like sub Saharan Africa and other places of extreme poverty the reduction of WHO operations will be catastrophic. It also hurts programs relating to things like malaria, diarrhoea, access to clean water and many other things.
It is a decision made to protect himself and to deflect blame without any thought for the people it effects.
What a disgusting human being he is.
No doubt Trump‘s initial response was inadequate & he’s looking for a scapegoat but there’s no doubt that the WHO were treading on eggshells early in their response to this pandemic. They do deserve plenty of criticism & much of what Trump says rings true on this. We’re lucky that our Governments started to act with travel bans in the weeks before WHO finally declared this disaster a global pandemic. Thank heavens they did.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
No doubt Trump‘s initial response was inadequate & he’s looking for a scapegoat but there’s no doubt that the WHO were treading on eggshells early in their response to this pandemic. They do deserve plenty of criticism & much of what Trump says rings true on this. We’re lucky that our Governments started to act with travel bans in the weeks before WHO finally declared this disaster a global pandemic. Thank heavens they did.
The role of the WHO in the blame game on this pandemic is way overblown imo. Whilst they made mistakes they are a convenient scapegoat for those who provide it with insufficient funds. Only a percentage of the WHOs budget is for this sort of stuff, there are hospitals around the world with bigger budgets than the whole of WHO.
Ironically the WHO was criticised in the last swine flu outbreak of acting too quickly and being too influenced by the US and large pharmaceutical companies.