U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Racial violence in the world is not based on Trump. Its based on *smile*, they were around before him and will be around well after him.
He is an undeserving president no doubt, he is also calling out China and the WHO for their actions. Is there anyone else who is going to speak up when its needed?
If the only thing that the world thinks needs to be done to limit the damage of the next pandemic is to blame China and the WHO then we are stuffed. The same thing will happen next time.
The message that needs to come out of it is that we need to step up worldwide programs to stop these things at the source as best we can, we need a massively increased funded worldwide health body not one that has a budget the equivalent of 3 Melbourne hospitals (fact) and we need countries to buy into worldwide public health programs and reporting.
So what does Trump do? He pulls out of the WHO which is the exact opposite to what he should be doing. If he wants a better functioning WHO don’t walk away from it, help reform it and fund it properly.
Of course he doesn’t want that, he wants someone to blame.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
This wont end well for anyone,

except maybe china. and Russia

Last edited:

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
There are elements who would like to see it happen here. Remember the rioting and destruction in the UK about a decade ago, for no apparent reason?

It's a form of mass insanity. You can't reason with it.

Obviously, when things are escalating to the point of mass insanity, the best course of action is for your president to suggest adding firearms to the mix.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Obviously, when things are escalating to the point of mass insanity, the best course of action is for your president to suggest adding firearms to the mix.

and the most vicious dogs you've ever seen. so, so viscious

Ive veiwed America as a Southpark episode for a few years now, but it was confirmed last night,

when Atlanta rapper Killer Mike appealed for calm alongside the Mayor, wearing a KILL-YOUR-MASTERS t-shirt.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Trump could help matters if he was to act like a Statesman, instead of driving a wedge into the people. Unfortunately with him being a narcissistic sociopath this will never happen.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
If the only thing that the world thinks needs to be done to limit the damage of the next pandemic is to blame China and the WHO then we are stuffed. The same thing will happen next time.
The message that needs to come out of it is that we need to step up worldwide programs to stop these things at the source as best we can, we need a massively increased funded worldwide health body not one that has a budget the equivalent of 3 Melbourne hospitals (fact) and we need countries to buy into worldwide public health programs and reporting.
So what does Trump do? He pulls out of the WHO which is the exact opposite to what he should be doing. If he wants a better functioning WHO don’t walk away from it, help reform it and fund it properly.
Of course he doesn’t want that, he wants someone to blame.

China was the worst place in the world this virus could have happened because they control their media so tightly & are more interested in saving face & their booming economy than protecting the rest of the world. Whatever happened to those whistleblower doctors who were trying desperately to warn people via social media just how bad things were there?!! They vanished is what happened. WHOs response was weak & poor as they pandered to a nation that wields way too much power over them. No doubt they have have very little access to investigate why this outbreak happened. China cannot be trusted one iota & now the entire world is suffering. Our best hope is another virus outbreak doesn’t happen there.

Last edited:

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
There are elements who would like to see it happen here. Remember the rioting and destruction in the UK about a decade ago, for no apparent reason?

It's a form of mass insanity. You can't reason with it.
I can’t defend mass violence and looting. That isn’t the way to make the point.
However the question is why and that’s a legitimate question. Why do these people feel so powerless and angry ?
The answer is not Donald Trump but he is part of the answer. These people need their president to stand up and defend the way they feel and to offer them something that will change the way they feel about their country but he offers nothing but violence back to them.
Their President is not part of the solution he is part of the problem.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I can’t defend mass violence and looting. That isn’t the way to make the point.
However the question is why and that’s a legitimate question. Why do these people feel so powerless and angry ?
The answer is not Donald Trump but he is part of the answer. These people need their president to stand up and defend the way they feel and to offer them something that will change the way they feel about their country but he offers nothing but violence back to them.
Their President is not part of the solution he is part of the problem.

Either the dead guy had a lot of friends or they're taking an opportunity to indulge their inner criminal.

A journo infiltrated a London mob in 2011 and asked why they were looting and burning. Answers ranged from boredom to "It's a chance to get some nice stuff for free".

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
While I don't condone looting, I can understand the mood of the people. Emotions were still very high after a former white policeman and his son shot a black jogger in February, but were not charged until video of the incident was released 2 months later.
A very sad state of affairs.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Either the dead guy had a lot of friends or they're taking an opportunity to indulge their inner criminal.

Or there are hundreds of thousands of legitimate protesters who have legitimate problems about racial and class inequality in the USA ..... along with agent provocateurs, and of course a lot of people just looting. You can't reduce this phenomenon to "looters or George Floyd's friends", that's an idiotic take.

EZTuoR4XYAEw5Oe

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Or there are hundreds of thousands of legitimate protesters who have legitimate problems about racial and class inequality in the USA ..... along with agent provocateurs, and of course a lot of people just looting. You can't reduce this phenomenon to "looters or George Floyd's friends", that's an idiotic take.

Can't comment authoritatively as I've never been there. There's always been an undercurrent of tension that erupts periodically. They let O.J. off so the public wouldn't burn Los Angeles to the ground.

Yeah, it's complex. Coppers are being shot or run over every week in the US. Most of the bad guys have guns and some good guys have guns. If they're trigger-happy or hyper-aware of demographic factors, who am I to judge. It's not a job I'd volunteer for. I don't know for sure but have long suspected it's too easy to become a cop in the US. There doesn't seem to be the same respect for police as here.

Likewise, coppers are always shooting crims or suspected crims. They shoot twice as many whites as blacks. If you're unable to protest peacefully then maybe you shouldn't choose to engage.

On the other hand, the lot of blacks and other minorities improved steadily under Trump until the Wuhan virus. I reckon it's a bit like feminism - they're still angry even after they're wearing the pants.