U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

1eyedtiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 2, 2007
A repeat of South Park. A giant douche Vs a *smile* sandwich. The only thing I can't figure out is, which is which?

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
With Clinton it's more abut the fact she represents the modern political fishbowl that is in play. Politicians are bought. Donations, pledges etc is what drives america. The world and silent majority in the US know the guns laws are ridiculous but too many politicians need the money the gun lobby donates to them to get elected.

Trump represents the anti washington establishment. For all his failings, many of which people believe aren't that bad but the "establishment" is working together to keep their best interests in power, Trump isn't a politician. He portrays that he has his own money. He uses dog whistle politics to excite and engage those who respond in big numbers.

Dunno. By all accounts Clinton will win but then I thought the same about Brexit never getting through.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
It's a very good question.
Would have thought the email scandal pales into insignificance next to Trump's mountain of baggage & controversy.

Yeah. One would have thought using a private email server would pale into insignificance given Bush/Cheney and White House officials also used a private email server in 2007. The Bush administration also "lost" 22 million emails during the investigation into the email server affair.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_White_House_email_controversy

Of course, it's Hillary Clinton and she's crooked and should be in jail.

Sir Tiger

Make Richmond Great Again !!
Jun 15, 2016
although we have our own problems politically, it's a *smile* mess over there.. their society splintering apart ever faster

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Tigers of Old said:
That Trump is this close to being President makes me think that the average American has a donut for a brain.
Well in the choice between evil and stupid, you'd prefer stupid no?

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Sir Tiger said:
why is clinton so unpopular ? can anyone fill me in
Read this in the comments section of zerohedge:

I have to get this off my chest.

OK. Donald Trump is a pompous ass, bullying at times, loud, abrupt, tells it like it is, not very tactful and has reported past escapades that are not acceptable to most people. He avoids paying taxes (legally), has had two or three bankruptcies with his corporations amongst dozens of successful ventures. And until coerced, will not listen to others. Not the kind of person you would invite to dinner.

I voted for Donald Trump last week in Nevada early voting.

I did not vote entirely for Trump, I voted against the establishment of this country which has become so ineffectual, so corrupt as to make me embarrassed at times to be an American. All I have seen in the last 12 years are lies, Iraq was invaded on lies. A Republican president lied to us. We have had one of the worst economic collapses in history, and the next president, a Democrat, did not put one banker, one CEO in jail. His reasoning. "What they did was immoral, not illegal". I call *smile*. Every one of these billionaires should be in prison, stripped of wealth and fame. Instead, they are all wealthier than ever with more homes, yachts and fancy cars. It is shameful what the current President allowed to happen and go unpunished. But then he would lose a lot of donations and support. Cannot have that.

The Affordable Care Act is a disaster. 1,000 pages given to Congress to vote on and not ONE Congressman or woman bothered to even read it. 100% for, Democrats, 100% against, Republicans. A good friend of mine who owns a small business pays $600 per month for crap coverage. For one person.

Trillions of our tax payer dollars are wasted. The republicans do not care and the democrats do not care. To hell with the middle class. As long as Mr. and Mrs. politician get theirs. And Obama can play 270 rounds of golf while in office costing us taxpayers untold millions of dollars. And even while Louisiana suffered during the recent floods, he plays golf.

I am sick and tired of war, Nixon, Bush, Obama keep us in wars. I fought in a war and the outcome was 55,000 Americans killed, countless others maimed for life and for what. Nothing. A total waste except for the establishment. Politicians and Billionaires.

Obama promised, no more wars, live within our means. Vote for me. I did, the first time idiot that I am. Obama lied or as a politician says, "I changed my mind".

The thought of having Hillary and her accused but never convicted rape husband in the White House makes me want to throw up. Just the thought that she would put up with what he did makes her ineligible to hold any office.

She is corrupt, deceitful, lies, has a venomous temper, worth hundreds of millions, as a public servant??? Really!!! And her health, questionable at best.

Trump has no one to answer to. He is a self made billionaire. His family is secure, his grand children are secure. He cannot be bought, he is not a politician and he wants to "drain the swamp"...Love that phrase. He promises no more wars. We still have 10,000 Americans in Afghanistan. We lost over 5,000 good souls in Iraq. We cannot change the Middle East, they have been fighting each other for thousands of years. That is not going to change because America wants it to. 20,000 in South Korea 60 YEARS AFTER THE END OF THE WAR. We have 2,500 troops in Australia, Australia, are you for real. We tell other nations how to conduct their business, how many refugees to take and boss others around regarding trade. Who the hell do we think we are!!!... We cannot police the world anymore, we are broke, bankrupt and in debt for over 20 Trillion current dollars. Never mind entitlements.

No one is willing to stand up and be counted. To change our pension system, our entitlements or do what is needed to get this country back on the right track. Why, because, they will lose votes and maybe get thrown out of office and have to get a real job. Trump has had real jobs. He promises to help Americans. Will he? I don't know, but what I do know is that Hillary will start another war, fatten her treasure chest, bring a rapist into the White House, keep her Foundation humming along, and keep Obama Care. And if she is indicted today or next year, what kind of a Presidency will this country have. I do not want to find out.

In all my decades on this planet with my bride, never have we seen such turmoil, such hate and looked around to see so many struggling just to pay bills. That is your recovery after 8 years and 20 Trillion dollars in debt. And I will not even begin to talk about how after 40+ years of work, supporting my family and saving, and not asking for hand outs, how our government has allowed our savings to be worth much less with 0% interest rates for all these years. Just to save the banks and banksters. I love this country and proudly served America for 24 years. But I am heart broken over what we have become.

So, you want more of the same, vote for Hillary. I will take my chances with the Pompous Ass.

Rant done.

A blessed day to all here.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
The above post misses one major point... can you imagine dealing with Putin and people of his ilk? it's terrifying.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Things could get very ugly in the US if Hillary just scrapes over the line.

But whoever wins, you can bet your bottom dollar that they are going to be a one-termer.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
antman said:
Yeah. One would have thought using a private email server would pale into insignificance given Bush/Cheney and White House officials also used a private email server in 2007. The Bush administration also "lost" 22 million emails during the investigation into the email server affair.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_White_House_email_controversy

Of course, it's Hillary Clinton and she's crooked and should be in jail.
The whole thing is out of whack. Gov Chris Christie of NJ held a Trump rally yesterday and the crowd was calling " lock her up". The irony was that there are no charges against her but some of Chris Christie's team have actually been charged and found guilty over the GW bridge closure scandal.

The US political system is a mess and it needs fixing but not with Donald Trump. Something needs to change and the population wants change, Trump is just the person who personifies that change at the moment. What the USA needs is a change agent who isn't an incoherent opportunistic narcissist.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Giardiasis said:
Yep it's too bad Ron Paul didn't run for President this time.
I know that is your view but it also needs someone who the electorate will actually vote for and the libertarians are not it.

But I don't want to get into a philosophical debate on that because we have been down that road before

That being said I didn't think they would vote for Trump either so what do I know?