U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Harry said:
Ah yes the same intel agencies that gave us iraqi WMD's

They're not perfect but this is a president who reckons that clean coal is washed in a basin, that US stealth planes are invisible & that wind turbines will be killed by birds (and vice versa). :hihi

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
to be fair those intel agencies were listening to their president when they found the iraqi wmd's :rofl

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
tigerdell said:
to be fair those intel agencies were listening to their president when they found the iraqi wmd's :rofl

And let's face it, the outcome was predetermined, those who spoke out were crucified (much like Andrew Wilkie).

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
tigerdell said:

Yes... watch Vice, gives you the good oil on who really was pulling the strings on that one.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
antman said:
Yes... watch Vice, gives you the good oil on who really was pulling the strings on that one.

Next there'll be theories that 911 was an inside job. :eek:

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Harry said:

Come Harry, you know Iraq was a big stitch up, can't just blame the CIA on that balls-up.

As for Trump ignoring his own intelligence agencies, it really is no wonder Putin was so keen to get him in power, no need to even lift a finger. Trump is a bigger wrecking ball than any American president in history, he makes Dubya look like a genius.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Harry said:

Haven't you alleged in the past that the whole WMD thing was a conspiracy? And it was. Cheney was actually CEO of Halliburton at one time. Even Colin Powell called the whole thing out - says his speech to the UN in support of invading Iraq was the biggest regret of his life.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
bullus_hit said:
Trump now telling ALL his security advisers to 'go back to school' & learn how to parrot what the master of all topics preaches. Couldn't write a more bizarre script if you tried, and then there's the braindead 40% who support the guy who is piece by piece destroying his own country.

Now he's trying to convince his base that what the intelligence chiefs said on live TV was somehow "taken out of context" and is fake news.
sheesh

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
I wonder what odds Sports Bet would give at this very early stage for Beto O'Rourke winning the Presidential election (not just the Democratic Primary, the whole thing)?

I'm not necessarily stating who I'd vote for. More, if I was a betting man, who I think would offer good value at the bookies. From this perspective, I reckon O'Rourke would be a reasonable punt to take.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Panthera Tigris said:
I wonder what odds Sports Bet would give at this very early stage for Beto O'Rourke winning the Presidential election (not just the Democratic Primary, the whole thing)?

I'm not necessarily stating who I'd vote for. More, if I was a betting man, who I think would offer good value at the bookies. From this perspective, I reckon O'Rourke would be a reasonable punt to take.

He’s paying $8 on Sportsbet to win the 2020 election, PT

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Tigertool said:
He’s paying $8 on Sportsbet to win the 2020 election, PT
Interesting. Thought he might be a tad wider than that - perhaps around the $11-$14 mark. He's certainly not getting under the bookie's guard then. They see him as among the favourites on that sort of price.

A southern Democrat has the capacity to be a consensus candidate. I saw some commentary suggesting where he'll do well in the Democratic primaries is that if you dig just a little when talking to Democrat voters, it's not uncommon for them to begrudgingly admit, they do hold a prejudice against older candidates. So this is where he may have an edge over Sanders and Biden. O'Rourke is around the same age as Democrat Presidents, Carter, Clinton and Obama when they won the Presidency. So it can be seen as a demographic sweet spot.

Although liberal on some issues, many consider him a moderate-centrist type. Which is a common trait of southern Democrats. This would hold appeal with more conservative Democrats, swing voters and moderate Republicans who may not be keen Trump fans.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
O'Rourke is an interesting one and he did very well with this first test of the waters.

IMO Biden is dead in the water and Sanders is cleaning up on the fund-raising front. It will be very interesting to see who the larger Dem backers put their money behind.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
K3 said:
O'Rourke is an interesting one and he did very well with this first test of the waters.

IMO Biden is dead in the water and Sanders is cleaning up on the fund-raising front. It will be very interesting to see who the larger Dem backers put their money behind.
Apparently on his first day, O'Rourke overtook Sanders in the fundraising stakes. It was daylight for third though.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Panthera Tigris said:
Apparently on his first day, O'Rourke overtook Sanders in the fundraising stakes. It was daylight for third though.

Yeah. I think Beto hit $6.1 mill while Bernie had a bit under $6mill.

As I don't think Bernie is taking money from big business (Wall St), while I haven't heard any such thing about Beto, it will be interesting to see where they both end up. Of course Bernie, in only taking donations from the voting public, will have many people with a vested interest in voting for him and getting others to vote for him. He has embarked on a massive Kickstarter campaign :)

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
No lefty with a brain would want Trump impeached. In office, he's a massive free kick for his 2020 opponent. Impeached, it allows the Republicans to distance themselves from him.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
spook said:
No lefty with a brain would want Trump impeached. In office, he's a massive free kick for his 2020 opponent.

The market suggests otherwise.

1WwqLoY.jpg