U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
Come on L2R2R you said Trump isn't responsible for the rioting and "When you can grasp that fact, we can begin conversing effectively".

Where is the post in which I say that Trump is responsible for the rioting?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Come on L2R2R you said Trump isn't responsible for the rioting and "When you can grasp that fact, we can begin conversing effectively".

It was implicit in
It's clear now that the US under Trump can no longer be relied upon as the post WW2 leader of the Free World
"It's clear now..." implies that your judgement is being made in light of the current civil unrest. It is opportunistic criticism.

Reckon Trump has made it pretty clear that the US no longer wants to be the world's policeman, and is encouraging other nations to be self-supporting.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Implicit! :rotfl2Alright, I'm out, forgot DNFTT for a bit there.

How is Trump getting rich from the presidency? He's already rich and donates his salary to charity, handing over a cheque every quarter. The last one went to the health department to fight coronavirus.

You've been watching too much Joker, mate.

• Love

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
I have never defended China's role just that to blame the WHO for it is nonsense, they didn't know either.
This is the crux of the problem. A problem that requires adressing to influence change.
Agree with the rest of the stuff the organization does and its vitality in doing so.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
But if they had semi-automatics, if they confronted police and shouted in their faces exactly the same way the "I want a haircut NOW!" MAGA *smile* babies did a few short weeks ago, everything would be cool, right? That would be a 'peaceful' protest, and the cops would stand there copping it sweet like they did from the armed terrorist group IWAAAIWAHN (I'm White And Armed And I Want A Haircut Now).

Do you wanna buy a bridge?

I think they are actually part of the IWAAAINAWAASAIWAHN tribe. (I'm White And Armed And I Need A Wash And A Shave And I Want A Haircut Now).

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I realise you are getting clobbered on this thread but frankly this is pathetic.

You lot are throwing a lot of punches but not many are landing. Let's see:

- preliminary autopsy points to pre-existing medical conditions as the cause of death
- one arresting officer is of Vietnamese extraction, another Chinese/Korean. Accusations of racism begin to ring hollow

Now get back out there and smash some windows before they call the whole thing off.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Look out, he'll start using that word "implicit" again.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
This is the type of decision that makes Trump a good leader. Doesn't suffer fools gladly.

True, he usually appoints them to his Administration where they duly *smile* up for between 3-6 months, then he fires them and claims he knows nothing about them.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Maybe the agitated can be placated by executing the cop without trial? Who needs laws and courts when the mob speaks loudest?
L2RTR we are obviously from different places and time. It is clear you do not understand the struggle here and have no empathy. That's ok too. We can agree to disagree on this.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Pretty sure Trump has blamed other Presidents for not controlling riots, just as he blamed other presidents for Americans dying for pandemics.
And i am pretty sure he will blame others when these now happen, just as he blamed the media when they report anything that is not favorable to him, or by he blamed the democrats for anything he needs to deflect.
I am pretty confident he is blaming WHO to subvert attention from his own inactions, and wouldn't be surprised if the announcement about the withdrawal of funding just as the riots started was not a coincidence. Or perhaps the timing with the 100k death in the states.

Most had realised what a disaster he has been but some are now again united with him over a common enemy, black people.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
L2RTR we are obviously from different places and time. It is clear you do not understand the struggle here and have no empathy. That's ok too. We can agree to disagree on this.

I might not feel the struggle like some here do, but I understand it. I just totally disagree with the methods being used to deal with it (not that they are achieving anything except alienating about 50% of observers).

man (allegedly) passes counterfeit bill => man arrested and resists => man dies after rough treatment from cop => society goes apeshit

Do you not see how crime begets crime? Ask yourself again what initiated it. Then ask yourself whether the facts are clear. Then ask yourself if the reaction is justified. And if you answer yes, then you're right, we simply disagree.

I'm a Hendrix fan, he was singing "Why'd you burn your brother's house down?" in 1968...

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Trump's new executive decree "Antifa is a terrorist organisation" caps off the dotard's week. An "organisation" with no membership or leadership. If legal (considerable doubts about this, but the Constitution, law and democratic conventions and institutions seem to mean little in the US these days) this means that authorities can label literally any American citizen who goes onto the street to protest a terrorist. Yes, it's that bad.

The US had a flawed but impressive system of democratic political institutions with inbuilt checks and balances, one which both the conservative and progressive sides of politics in the US were justly proud of. Unfortunately the "never-Trumpers" in the GOP lost the battle with the more politically expedient who saw short term gains by allying with Trump.

One hopes that if this criminal grifter and his nepotistic family are tipped out of the WH in November that some rebuilding of the democratic political culture of the US can take place. It's hard to see how the US will ever again be the "light on the hill" to the rest of the world.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The US had a flawed but impressive system of democratic political institutions with inbuilt checks and balances, one which both the conservative and progressive sides of politics in the US were justly proud of. Unfortunately the "never-Trumpers" in the GOP lost the battle with the more politically expedient who saw short term gains by allying with Trump.

Tell me again why they didn't take the easy option of voting for Hilary, or the great white commo hope Crazy Bernie.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Tell me again why they didn't take the easy option of voting for Hilary, or the great white commo hope Crazy Bernie.

What's the relevance? You are becoming a parody of the great leader himself - can't argue a point, throw a dead cat on the table.