U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
15,000 in Florida alone, which is a 1 day record for any state in the USA. on Saturday morning i saw a news report on ch 7 re Florida. 1 in 5 tests are positive. queues for tests are hours long. they can’t keep up with the demand for tests. this suggests the real figure is probably much higher.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I wonder what is their end game? Just come to terms with it and live with it? It’s seeming that way to me.

Yeah, the White House is a shambles totally focussed on reelection. Trump is surrounded by yes-people and those that tell the truth like Fauci are sidelined and ridiculed.

I don't think they've even thought about an endgame, its the states' problem now.

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
I saw on one of the news reports yesterday that the Idiot-in-Chief hasn’t been briefed by his chief health officer Dr. Fauci in over 2 months. Obviously trump got tired of him contradicting his “expert” opinions.
In unrelated news, the US has just experienced days of record numbers of infection cases...................

Seeing the world deal with COVID-19 should be a wake up call to the reality of how royally *smile* we are in regards to climate change.

Clearly, the powers That be can only focus on a serious problem for 3 months, before the almighty dollar effect overtakes the human problem. If the U.S are giving up on controlling COVID after 3 months, then we have stuff all chance of ever solving the global warming, climate issues - which will take decades of focus, commitment and obviously will have a negative effect on economies in the process.

We are run by a people which have always profited mightly on plundering & until that changes, we are pretty much screwed.

Reactions: 3 users

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
15,000 in Florida alone, which is a 1 day record for any state in the USA. on Saturday morning i saw a news report on ch 7 re Florida. 1 in 5 tests are positive. queues for tests are hours long. they can’t keep up with the demand for tests. this suggests the real figure is probably much higher.

Good weekend to re-open Disneyworld :flush

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Seeing the world deal with COVID-19 should be a wake up call to the reality of how royally *smile* we are in regards to climate change.

Clearly, the powers That be can only focus on a serious problem for 3 months, before the almighty dollar effect overtakes the human problem. If the U.S are giving up on controlling COVID after 3 months, then we have stuff all chance of ever solving the global warming, climate issues - which will take decades of focus, commitment and obviously will have a negative effect on economies in the process.

We are run by a people which have always profited mightly on plundering & until that changes, we are pretty much screwed.

Yeah, and it's always a quick fix. Why do we have pandemics that jump from host animals to humans? Because we continually encroach on their habitats, destroy their ecosystems for economic reasons and sell them for food and medicine based on superstition.

Until we can move away from economies that rely on building more and more useless crap that we have to keep buying so we can keep our jobs making more and more useless crap our civilisation is screwed.

For the CC thread, but I see we have skipped the whole Pilocene period and are rapidly heading towards the Miocene in terms of C02 ppm in the atmosphere. So in 200 years of industrial civilisation on planet Earth we have generated the same atmospheric concentration of CO2 that existed 15 million years ago. "

Dr. Elwyn de la Vega said, “Having surpassed Pliocene levels of CO2 by 2025, future levels of CO2 are not likely to have been experienced on Earth at any time for the last 15 million years, since the Middle Miocene Climatic Optimum, a time of even greater warmth than the Pliocene.”"

So in the Miocene sea levels were 25 metres higher than they are, temps 2-3 degrees warmer. But as long as we keep on buying SUVs and McMansions it's all good.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I assume you are referring to this guy?

Got a mate who's son is at a uni over there, in the middle of Trump voting territory and I'm trying to mind my own business but I wish he'd tell him to get the hell outta there!
FFS.... Covid19 parties .... them yanks are *smile* mental !

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Got a mate who's son is at a uni over there, in the middle of Trump voting territory and I'm trying to mind my own business but I wish he'd tell him to get the hell outta there!
FFS.... Covid19 parties .... them yanks are *smile* mental !
i was reading somewhere high school and college athletes were possibly having those parties so they could get infected now- while there is no competition- rather than risk catching it late and miss games and possibly missing the chance to impress. an infection at the wrong time could cost big $$$.
In fairness to those kids if they are constantly told the virus is harmless to healthy young people it makes sense they think catching now is a better option than possibly catching it later, and chances are the majority of people in the states are going to catch- they better hope you can only catch it once.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Thanks B17, interesting viewpoint.
And understandable given the lack of clear messages, allround confusion and gaps in what we know.
Sometimes when we are scrambling up a slope without a map, some people will scramble down the wrong track

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
US President Donald Trump has replaced his campaign manager - his 5th

Mr Trump said he had substituted Bill Stepien, a field director for his 2016 campaign, in place of Brad Parscale.

Mr Parscale - who was reportedly blamed by Mr Trump's inner circle for a poorly attended rally in Oklahoma last month - will stay on as senior adviser

Mr Parscale had boasted that more than one million people registered to attend, but fewer than 6,200 showed up at the arena, the local fire department said

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Just a normal day in the US.

Trumps says that Fauci is an alarmist as the US closes on 150k deaths and Kanye West has his 1st campaign rally, claiming that Americans need their guns because (and I kid you not) they will need them if China invades!!!