U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Surely you realise by now facts dont matter for Trumpolytes.
Trump will keep saying there was fraud, and its FAKE NEWS and they will keep believing everything he says. It doesnt matter what evidence is presented.
it is the way he and his fans have behaved since he started his run for President 5 years ago. nothing he is doing now is any different that what he has done his entire life.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The law suits are failing one by one. Trump has only 5 days to call for a recount in Wisconsin, but it will cost them 3 mill, he might choose not to pay it. Other states have different pathways - Georgia is automatic. Arizona won't have one - the margin is greater than 200 votes and parties cannot request one, even if they pay, by Arizona state law.

Some signs that many in the GOP are starting to tire of this charade.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
There might soon be another, ex Trump lawyer, Trump won't be happy.

Lawyers Litigating for Trump Suddenly Remember Their Licenses Are on the Line If They Lie to a Judge​

THE COURT: In your petition, which is right before me — and I read it several times — you don’t claim that any electors or the Board of the County were guilty of fraud, correct? That’s correct?

MR. GOLDSTEIN: Your Honor, accusing people of fraud is a pretty big step. And it is rare that I call somebody a liar, and I am not calling the Board of the DNC or anybody else involved in this a liar. Everybody is coming to this with good faith. The DNC is coming with good faith. We’re all just trying to get an election done. We think these were a mistake, but we think they are a fatal mistake, and these ballots ought not be counted.

THE COURT: I understand. I am asking you a specific question, and I am looking for a specific answer. Are you claiming that there is any fraud in connection with these 592 disputed ballots?

MR. GOLDSTEIN: To my knowledge at present, no.

THE COURT: Are you claiming that there or improper influence upon the elector to these 592 ballots?

MR. GOLDSTEIN: To my knowledge at present. no.

THE COURT: Does it make a difference whether a claim of irregularity or technical noncompliance with the election code is made with or without an accompanying claim of fraud or improper influence?

MR. GOLDSTEIN: It does not. I mean, to claim the technical defects are immaterial, which is in some sense some of the thrust of what the DNC argued, is really to misperceive what is going on in the election code. The election code is technical. These requirements are all technical. And some of them sit in that code for reasons that are a mystery for all of us. I mean, I sort of recounted for you my view of why the elector signing in his own hand is material. The DNC have their reasons for why they think it is material or immaterial. The fact of the matter is, it is in the code. The code is itself technical. Those technicalities are part and parcel of the law and a violation of the results in a ballot that can’t be counted.

Reactions: 1 user

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Have a lot of American friends .. most are happy with the election results . A few are Trump supporters and they do believe everything he says .. sadly . There educated ppl too .. They feel that the election is rigged etc and are angry and want revenge . In the stories they post about him on FB, he’ll always be the winner because he can never lose. What im seeing and reading some people are so ingrained that there's no possibility Trump could ever lose that they legitimately believe Tump did not lose and was totally cheated , when he did .Trump is trying to be folk hero to his followers . I guess the big worring thing about this is Trump’s tactic could still get people killed or injured long after he leaves. It could put ethnic and religious minorities in the US in the sights of leaderless, far-right militia groups who consider those minorities to be beneficiaries of the Biden presidency, and hence legitimate targets for unpredictable retaliatory violence.. Trumps delay in recognising defeat might cost innocent lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Have a lot of American friends .. most are happy with the election results . A few are Trump supporters and they do believe everything he says .. sadly . There educated ppl too .. They feel that the election is rigged etc and are angry and want revenge . In the stories they post about him on FB, he’ll always be the winner because he can never lose. What im seeing and reading some people are so ingrained that there's no possibility Trump could ever lose that they legitimately believe they did not lose, when he did .Trump is trying to be folk hero to his followers . I guess the big worring thing about this is Trump’s tactic could still get people killed or injured long after he leaves. It could put ethnic and religious minorities in the US in the sights of leaderless, far-right militia groups who consider those minorities to be beneficiaries of the Biden presidency, and hence legitimate targets for unpredictable retaliatory violence.. Trumps delay in recognising defeat might cost innocent lives.

Yes Pete. At the very least, huge numbers of Americans will not have faith in the democratic process going forward because this guy is running a grift and/or he's unwilling to face reality.

Intelligent people who supported this guy in the past need to start speaking out.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
1 or 2 on here.
And most of us here saw through Trump from day one. A conman, a shonky business man, a narcissist who cares only about himself.

So his reaction to COVID was completely predictable. Ignore the science, make public pronouncements, politicise the issue, turn his back when it all got too hard.

The way he has reacted to the election loss was completely predictable too. Ignore the count, make threats, launch frivolous lawsuits, retreat the WH to eat fast food and watch TV.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Trump is a conman.

Of course he knows hes done.

Hes buying time to steal money and make some legal escape routes to keep him and his family and friend

Out of jail and the poorhouse.

I think America will be all over it though.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
The interviews with Obama on Ch10 tonight gave good insights into how much the US has gone down hill under Trump and reinforced what we are seeing as very predictable. One of the saddest outcomes is the notion that truth and facts are irrelevant and not even important in making political decisions nor in helping the public to know what is really going on. Trump has made up his own truth and then made the issues about him and the GOP have just gone along with it. By not following the traditional protocols and procedures of the office of President he is allowing discord and division to flourish and in some ways encouraging a civil war mentality which is a very dangerous path to follow. Obama is hopeful that America will get through this and return to pre-Trump values but it won't happen if the GOP allows Trump to hang around.

Reactions: 5 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I unfriended an acquaintance on fb today. She was arguing black and blue that trump was the chosen one. I've had run ins with her previously regarding 5g and other covid conspiracies. The trump one was the last straw. I feel liberated my feed will be clean tomorrow. How and why is this trump scenario playing out? Is this the manifestation of larger problems afoot? I reckon we start by killing social media.

• Sad
  • Love

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
genuine question; Is PRE classified as social media? If so, we'll keep it and kill everything else.
I've thought about that a bit too. I think it is. It's a dilemma.

But despite all the differences of opinion on here I feel we are all on the same "side". If the chips were down I think all PREtenders would pull together.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I've thought about that a bit too. I think it is. It's a dilemma.

But despite all the differences of opinion on here I feel we are all on the same "side". If the chips were down I think all PREtenders would pull together.

I reckon there's 1 or 2 would *smile* on your head if you were lying in the gutter.

• Haha

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
After the legal team in PA quit, the Trump case was being run by a divorce lawyer. Now she's quit, and it's being run by a part-time lawyer/radio show host.

They had a big "emergency meeting" of the legal team at the WH today - MAGAs were saying they are going to drop bombshell information that will blow the election wide open, around the supposed Dominion election machine hacks and Chinese interference, bla bla bla. Won't happen. I imagine the meeting was primarily so that some people could yell at other people.

Meanwhile cases/deaths continue to increase, people are in fistfights on the streets, and Trump waves at idiots from the motorcade on his way to golf each day.

• Haha